Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Beginner vaping

Posted 6th Apr
Hubby smokes 20 a day and looking for a decent vape starter kit so he can cut down on cigarettes. Far too many makes etc to try and pick one and especially as we are stuck at home. Been looking at Innokin and voopoo but would love some input if anyone has some ideas. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
The wife gave up 5 or 6 years ago and went onto vaping.
She went with Totally Wicked. Not the cheapest Vapers but is still using the first one she got. Got a second battery when they were selling off old lines.
First thing is to get him the strongest liquid so he does not miss the nicotine, Every 3 months reduce the strength.
Now make sure the devise has a large battery, so it lasts days.
If poss get a metal tank for the liquid.

We get 88vape liquid online as only costs £0.65 a bottle and she loves it ( 10ml ) if I order 200 at a time.
A years worth..
Go to a vaping shop when poss, They will give you a test of liquids etc.

The saving has paid for our new car.

Somthing like this with a large battery

arc Evo £57.99 Plus coils
Edited by: "bigwheels" 6th Apr
Not sure HUKDs allows discussion on vaping - amongst other things. My advice would be to start cheap - vaping is very different to smoking and doesn’t work for everyone. Simple replaceable pod based kits are super cheap (often less than £10), easy to use & a good way to try different liquid flavours. You can buy them for loads of online retailers including supermarkets. If that’s successful then make the move to refillable tank based options which give a much better vaping experience & work out much cheaper in the long term. I personally would recommend kits made by Aspire. A very good online vape shop is electrictobacconist.co.uk.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 6th Apr
You want to get a mouth to lung kit as that simulates smoking better than direct to lung.
Have a look at the innokin zenith kit. It’s about £30 from Argos and a good little starter kit. It’s also relatively small.
As for juice, that’s person choice, there are some I like, some I hate.
Start with 16mg nicotine.
My wife uses an ok e-cig, the starter kit is less than a tenner and you can get the tips for around £5 or less for a pack of 5.

The main thing I would recommend though is not to keep it in your hand, but to put it back in the box when not in use, this will mean that the user isn’t constantly using it, so effectively like a real cigarette so they have to prep it before use.

This will then reduce the use and hopefully help towards reducing the usage and eventually quitting.
spanner7906/04/2020 15:18

My wife uses an ok e-cig, the starter kit is less than a tenner and you …My wife uses an ok e-cig, the starter kit is less than a tenner and you can get the tips for around £5 or less for a pack of 5.The main thing I would recommend though is not to keep it in your hand, but to put it back in the box when not in use, this will mean that the user isn’t constantly using it, so effectively like a real cigarette so they have to prep it before use.This will then reduce the use and hopefully help towards reducing the usage and eventually quitting.

Good point, Put it down.
The best way is to use nicotine replacement patches / gum and to give up smoking / vaping altogether, both are harmful to your lungs so nothing is better for your health
bobdylan06/04/2020 15:45

The best way is to use nicotine replacement patches / gum and to give up …The best way is to use nicotine replacement patches / gum and to give up smoking / vaping altogether, both are harmful to your lungs so nothing is better for your health

Cool story bro
Something like a freemax twister kit would be good for you, relatively cheap, good tasty coils, all you need then is to find a nice juice to vape which is very personalised...
I have vaped for over 7 years and came from 40-60 fags a day. I tried all other cessation products but to no avail, but there are many mistakes I made and to be successful you need to be wary of the pitfalls, below are some of them!

Kit...Most new devices are a 'pod' type and they have their place, but I dont find them powerful enough and the replacement Pods make them expensive. Same with starter kits. Buy a variable wattage kit with a high output. This way hubby can adjust the settings till he finds that sweet spot. Buy cheap and you buy twice or you will fail.

Something like a Smok x-prive kit is ideal, but you will be looking at c.£65 with 2 batteries and extra pack of coils. Also factor in a 'back up' device and tank. Trust me, if your kit breaks and you dont have a spare, you will go back to the fags!! Spare glass for tanks is a good idea too, as you drop it, the tank glass will break and they are a couple of quid.

Juice.....dont bother with tobacco juices, they taste nothing like it. Take some of his favourite flavours and look for those, but be warned I found those flavours that I really thought I would like, I hated and have now settled on a few juices. Also I would recommend juices that are high in VG content, as some people find PG to irritate their throat.

Psychological......this is the biggie, nicotine from a cigarette is an instant hit, vaping it isn't, so some parts of a daily routine will need to change. For example, I enjoyed my morning cigarette with a cup of coffee in the garden, after getting up and having a shower, but with vaping, I did not have the sense of satisfaction when I left for work. So I would have the coffee and a vape in the garden before having a shower, by the time I left for work, the satisfaction was present.

Still treat it as smoking, do it outside, make that time for yourself, like you would to have a cigarette and you wont be picking it up every 10 minutes.

Dont go for the highest strength of juice. If you buy the kit above or a similar kit, they will be sub-ohm kits, so 6mg will be plenty as you will vapourise more juice, a normal kit I would recommend 12mg to start with and in time reduce down to 3mg.

Good luck, and I have never looked back, any more info., please just PM me.
TGKW06/04/2020 19:56

I have vaped for over 7 years and came from 40-60 fags a day. I tried all …I have vaped for over 7 years and came from 40-60 fags a day. I tried all other cessation products but to no avail, but there are many mistakes I made and to be successful you need to be wary of the pitfalls, below are some of them!Kit...Most new devices are a 'pod' type and they have their place, but I dont find them powerful enough and the replacement Pods make them expensive. Same with starter kits. Buy a variable wattage kit with a high output. This way hubby can adjust the settings till he finds that sweet spot. Buy cheap and you buy twice or you will fail. Something like a Smok x-prive kit is ideal, but you will be looking at c.£65 with 2 batteries and extra pack of coils. Also factor in a 'back up' device and tank. Trust me, if your kit breaks and you dont have a spare, you will go back to the fags!! Spare glass for tanks is a good idea too, as you drop it, the tank glass will break and they are a couple of quid.Juice.....dont bother with tobacco juices, they taste nothing like it. Take some of his favourite flavours and look for those, but be warned I found those flavours that I really thought I would like, I hated and have now settled on a few juices. Also I would recommend juices that are high in VG content, as some people find PG to irritate their throat. Psychological......this is the biggie, nicotine from a cigarette is an instant hit, vaping it isn't, so some parts of a daily routine will need to change. For example, I enjoyed my morning cigarette with a cup of coffee in the garden, after getting up and having a shower, but with vaping, I did not have the sense of satisfaction when I left for work. So I would have the coffee and a vape in the garden before having a shower, by the time I left for work, the satisfaction was present. Still treat it as smoking, do it outside, make that time for yourself, like you would to have a cigarette and you wont be picking it up every 10 minutes.Dont go for the highest strength of juice. If you buy the kit above or a similar kit, they will be sub-ohm kits, so 6mg will be plenty as you will vapourise more juice, a normal kit I would recommend 12mg to start with and in time reduce down to 3mg.Good luck, and I have never looked back, any more info., please just PM me.

You still vape after all that time dedicated to giving up tobacco?
Meathotukdeals06/04/2020 21:22

You still vape after all that time dedicated to giving up tobacco?

Well they have given up on tobacco.
Just do it properly and go cold turkey and kick the disgusting filthy habit!
I gave up about 20 years ago after a 30 a day habit and sure the first 3 or 4 days were hell but it gets easier quickly.
bobdylan06/04/2020 15:45

The best way is to use nicotine replacement patches / gum and to give up …The best way is to use nicotine replacement patches / gum and to give up smoking / vaping altogether, both are harmful to your lungs so nothing is better for your health

Unfortunately due to mental health problems he has been told not to give up smoking as the stress would be too much on top of everything else otherwise I would love him to give up totally 🏻
Helstac07/04/2020 08:53

Unfortunately due to mental health problems he has been told not to give …Unfortunately due to mental health problems he has been told not to give up smoking as the stress would be too much on top of everything else otherwise I would love him to give up totally 🏻

My wife 'dual fuelled' for 6 months and came to the conclusion that she preferred to vape than smoke and give up tobacco completely. A lot of people do it this way. Remember it is not the cigarettes that you do smoke, it is the ones that you dont, that matter here.

There are a few forums out there that can help, support and give really good advice, remember most members of those forums have similar experiences and there is a real sense of community.

Planet of the Vapes
UKVapers

Both of the above, I would recommend.
CV19 + Vaper = 14X more likely to die. Even smoking is better than vaping at the moment.
Azwipe07/04/2020 21:09

CV19 + Vaper = 14X more likely to die. Even smoking is better than vaping …CV19 + Vaper = 14X more likely to die. Even smoking is better than vaping at the moment.

What is your source for that stat?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions