Being a godparent and buying a appropriate gift

Ok,so I have been asked by a mate to be godparent to her daughter.....there will be no christening but there is a bit of a celebration do....What sort of gift should I buy for the lucky child,budget about £100,my experience of kids is limited.

Nothing tacky or huggie/kissie either please

No hate in this thread please,serious subject

Rep to helpers

10 Comments

Banned

Perhaps 100 pounds in a trust account or something?

why not set up a savings account for the child & get a silver money box

jubbyme;8034112

Perhaps 100 pounds in a trust account or something?

Thats what I would suggest also - its sensible too with no huggie kissy stuff going on!

premium bonds, imagine winning!!!

some ideas here:
]http//ww…as/

I remember someone at work got their god child a set of coins (for the year of the birth of the child). Theyre not cheap but they are supposed to rise in value. Not sure how much they cost though

ive just had my daughter christened and most people gave me cash or next vouchers, so ive opened a savings account and put all her money in. i think a savings account would be best but it would have to be in your name unless you can get the childs birth certificate as they needed that when i opened my daughters.

Original Poster

dananana;8034200

]What about a book :thumbsup:

Thanks but neither I or my friends are nutters

Think I will just do the account thing,vouchers will just get spent straight away

Cheers to all

Banned

i would go with either a £100 savings bond in a long term account or a £100 premiuim bond (which has to be in a holders name till child is 16
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions