Groups

..being off work ill isnt too bad..

Supermod
    Usually I hate being off work ill. Dreaded swine flu.

Today has been incredibly productive however. I have managed to complete all 96 levels on Super Mario World on SNES.

29 Comments

hmmm....but if you had real flu surely you would feel really ill and hardly be able to get up? I'm not sure I ever have had it.

Banned

Nice... did you ever play yoshi's island?

theres 100 or so though!

Original Poster Supermod

bellabonkers;5954497

hmmm....but if you had real flu surely you would feel really ill and … hmmm....but if you had real flu surely you would feel really ill and hardly be able to get up? I'm not sure I ever have had it.

I didnt realise you were a doctor?! Anyway, since when do you have to get out of bed to play a computer game on the SNES?!

Congrats :thumbsup:
    Now complete Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts there's a challenge. Followed by Contra.

Original Poster Supermod

muffin247;5954503

theres 100 or so though!

Apparently there isnt. Says online there is 96....:thinking:

Original Poster Supermod

DangerGod;5954501

Nice... did you ever play yoshi's island?

Ohh yes. I think I got it knocking about upstairs.

Did you ever play Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Sega? That is one of my favourite games. Also, Wonderboy III - The Dragons Trap (think it was also called Dragons Lair...) The WEEKS that I spent as a child playing those two games was obscene!

magicjay1986;5954504

I didnt realise you were a doctor?! Anyway, since when do you have to get … I didnt realise you were a doctor?! Anyway, since when do you have to get out of bed to play a computer game on the SNES?!

I didn't say you did...I'm just commenting....and you have no idea what I do and don't do...touche! :-D

muffin247;5954503

theres 100 or so though!

Nope, you're wrong.

magicjay1986;5954510

Apparently there isnt. Says online there is 96....:thinking:

There are only 96 complete-able levels. Quite a feat to do them all.

What did you think of the "changes" in-game once you'd done it?

Original Poster Supermod

grex9101;5954533

Nope, you're wrong.There are only 96 complete-able levels. Quite a feat … Nope, you're wrong.There are only 96 complete-able levels. Quite a feat to do them all.What did you think of the "changes" in-game once you'd done it?

I thought they were funny. Especially the Koopas. Instead of their shell you spin away their head!! The pumpkins are funny but I think I prefer the birds instead of Bullet Bill.

Original Poster Supermod

bellabonkers;5954524

I didn't say you did...I'm just commenting....and you have no idea what I … I didn't say you did...I'm just commenting....and you have no idea what I do and don't do...touche! :-D

I know. I was just commenting too

magicjay1986;5954539

I thought they were funny. Especially the Koopas. Instead of their shell … I thought they were funny. Especially the Koopas. Instead of their shell you spin away their head!! The pumpkins are funny but I think I prefer the birds instead of Bullet Bill.

totally, someone at ninty certainly had a sense of humour in the 90s :thumbsup:

magicjay1986;5954542

I know. I was just commenting too

Hope you feel better soon.

Original Poster Supermod

grex9101;5954544

totally, someone at ninty certainly had a sense of humour in the 90s … totally, someone at ninty certainly had a sense of humour in the 90s :thumbsup:

Exactly. Tomorrow I think I will have a stab at Yoshis Island. You cannot be a good old Nintendo side-scroller!

Original Poster Supermod

bellabonkers;5954549

:pHope you feel better soon.

Thanks! The tamiflu has kicked in nicely. Caught it within 24/36 hours so I should be recovered come Sunday (so they tell me!).

Banned

magicjay1986;5954519

Ohh yes. I think I got it knocking about upstairs. Did you ever play Alex … Ohh yes. I think I got it knocking about upstairs. Did you ever play Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Sega? That is one of my favourite games. Also, Wonderboy III - The Dragons Trap (think it was also called Dragons Lair...) The WEEKS that I spent as a child playing those two games was obscene!

yeh yeh of course, alex the kidd was the balls back in the day... also played wonderboy and Turrican 2

Original Poster Supermod

bishibashi;5954505

Congrats :thumbsup:Now complete Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts there's a … Congrats :thumbsup:Now complete Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts there's a challenge. Followed by Contra.

Oooh. I may have a look at that one. Cannot remember playing it. Got Yoshis Island now lined up for tomorrow. Also got Moonwalker on the Megadrive to get through. I love a retro gaming session.

Never have the time to be ill or play games, unfortunately I work and bring up kids to play games, better than not and having them taken into care to play games though I guess :roll:

grex9101;5954533

Nope, you're wrong.There are only 96 complete-able levels. Quite a feat … Nope, you're wrong.There are only 96 complete-able levels. Quite a feat to do them all.What did you think of the "changes" in-game once you'd done it?

oh i must have used a hack cartridge back then as i coulda sworn i went past 100 hahahha

Original Poster Supermod

DangerGod;5954558

yeh yeh of course, alex the kidd was the balls back in the day... also … yeh yeh of course, alex the kidd was the balls back in the day... also played wonderboy and Turrican 2

I think it still is. Dont get me wrong, I love a bit of modern day gaming but the oldies are just immense still. I doubt some of the modern games will have the same longevity.

muffin247;5954566

oh i must have used a hack cartridge back then as i coulda sworn i went … oh i must have used a hack cartridge back then as i coulda sworn i went past 100 hahahha

Quite possibly, I remember sonic on th md had a complete unfinished level on the cartridge that you could only get to by using an action replay...

ahhh the good old days of snes and jumping fireballs from street fighter

Original Poster Supermod

snowflake;5954563

Never have the time to be ill or play games, unfortunately I work and … Never have the time to be ill or play games, unfortunately I work and bring up kids to play games, better than not and having them taken into care to play games though I guess :roll:

...I have that to look forward to...whilst I am relatively young I will remain fairly immature...:)

Banned

Yo mj... your an exteter fan yeh, leeds first game for you isnt it? and lol have you seen the aviva plymouth Ad?

Original Poster Supermod

DangerGod;5954594

Yo mj... your an exteter fan yeh, leeds first game for you isnt it? and … Yo mj... your an exteter fan yeh, leeds first game for you isnt it? and lol have you seen the aviva plymouth Ad?

I am indeed!! Yeah, not going up though. Got a game myself that day. Few of my mates are going up. One of my friends has just transferred to Derby so I think I am going to get a couple of Championship games in this year.

That Aviva advert is AWFUL. "Green Army".

Alex kidd in shinobi world was well better but the best games for the SMS were, Phycho Fox, Wonderboy 2, Rastan & R-Type.

Original Poster Supermod

SPAMDOG;5955026

Alex kidd in shinobi world was well better but the best games for the SMS … Alex kidd in shinobi world was well better but the best games for the SMS were, Phycho Fox, Wonderboy 2, Rastan & R-Type.

I find that comment incredibly offensive and I have asked the mods to remove it. I wouldnt be surprised if you are also banned. :?

Ha!!!, Alex Kidd was the poor mans Wonderboy.

well done you, hooray for pig lurgy.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185924
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1630
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6571255
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1015

See more discussions