Being unable to attend a show due to cancelled public transport?

Found 2nd Mar
I already feel I know the answer to this one, but I'm putting it out thee just in case anyone knows more than I do -

A few weeks back my partner and I treated my mother-in-law to some tickets to Cirque du Soleil in London, not knowing we'd be hammered with snow on the day of the show!

She has had to return home after waiting at our local train station, as the trains are no longer running as the tracks are frozen. The Royal Albert Hall states no refunds or exchanges unless the show is cancelled or rescheduled... so I know its a shot in the dark but has anyone had any experience in being refunded? The tickets were certainly not cheap and that's what makes the whole situation even worse

TIA
x
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
9 Comments
If the show is still on, afraid the circumstances of you travelling from point in the world are irrelevant - maybe best to contact who you booked with.
I don’t think you can do anything about that. It’s one of the hazards of booking things in the winter months unfortunately. It’s not any companies fault that you couldn’t get there.
Such a shame but I would agree with the others. They were discussing such circumstances on breakfast tv this morning
Going back a few years I sold somebody some tickets to a show and they got stuck in traffic on the motorway due to snow and although the show went ahead, when the person contacted the venue, they did say that if the original purchaser (me) contacted them then they would give tickets to another show as a goodwill gesture and that’s exactly what they did as although they are not liable, I guess they really felt for the buyer given the circumstances. I think very few venues would do this but it might be worth contacting them and trying your luck. You have nothing to lose.
XSerenityX7 m ago

Going back a few years I sold somebody some tickets to a show and they got …Going back a few years I sold somebody some tickets to a show and they got stuck in traffic on the motorway due to snow and although the show went ahead, when the person contacted the venue, they did say that if the original purchaser (me) contacted them then they would give tickets to another show as a goodwill gesture and that’s exactly what they did as although they are not liable, I guess they really felt for the buyer given the circumstances. I think very few venues would do this but it might be worth contacting them and trying your luck. You have nothing to lose.

I agree, Don't ask you don't get. They might say tough luck, However at least you tried.
Maybe try tweeting the Train Operating Company and try to get some goodwill out of them too? Duty of care etc etc.
Try getting a phone number to call them maybe they will refund can't hurt to try
I think you could claim compensation from the rail company. The travel ombudsman fought for my embassy fees - I missed my appointment because they cancelled my train and we won.
Edited by: "geojo" 2nd Mar
Thanks for the replies all, I checked twitter and it seemed other people had success in getting their tickets rescheduled, I gave customer service a call and we’ve got the old bird in for Sunday’s last showing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants