Beko finally recall their faulty tumble dryers!

SuperEd 9
Found 30th May 2017
Beko have finally pulled their finger out and have now recalled various models of their tumble dryers which have caused various fires and the death of Mishell Moloney

2704817.jpg
the Turkish manufacturer has recalled models

DCU9330W
DCU9330R
DCU8230W
TKF8439A
DSC85W

i'm not sure if you'll get a letter through the post or even a call but you can find all the contact details here
Click me

Hopefully the likes of Hotpoint and others follow!

source

9 Comments

Thank you very much for posting this - we have one of the models - engineer coming out to replace part next week. Our dryer is 5 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by: "Mightymoosie" 30th May 2017

what's the issue... overheating?

Original Poster SuperEd

davewave1 h, 13 m ago

what's the issue... overheating?

Yep, just like Hotpoint but no recall on those as of yet (if there ever will be!)

what great service from Beko. My daughter in law just phoned them as hers was one of those listed, but fortunately the other serial number makes hers not affected. Beko have really put Hotpoint to shame.

Pretty sure the fire service said the fire related death was not caused by the fault that is involved in the recall. Either way Beko have taken far less time to issue a "don't use" notice.

We have a DCU8230 and it's been spot on since we bought it from John Lewis.

Checked the serial and thankfully it's not affected.

Great to see beko trying to get things sorted.

Thanks for posting this and making us aware.

It's not just there tumble dryers we had one of there washing machines....our house was destroyed in less than 30 minutes. It's now with forensics. As for hotpoint they called out last month to modift my faulty hp tumble dryer.

Dramalanna7 h, 58 m ago

It's not just there tumble dryers we had one of there washing …It's not just there tumble dryers we had one of there washing machines....our house was destroyed in less than 30 minutes. It's now with forensics. As for hotpoint they called out last month to modift my faulty hp tumble dryer.

Lol @ hotpoint employee
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants