Beko washing machine not draining

Posted 3rd Oct
I got a beko washing machine only few months old was working fine yesterday. Today I put a was on and it won't drain the water drum spins fine.

I cleared water out via the pump at the bottom then run a rinse cycle and again water not draining any tips or ideas.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Have you checked the pump filter? Should under the bottom panel, you can usually open it and clear out anything that's clogging it up, should sort it out.
How to Clean a Washing Machine Filter

I once had a curtain hook stuck inside the filter which caused the machine to not drain.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 4th Oct
Another idea could be the waste water tube has become twisted at the rear of the washing machine?
You’ll probably find a sock in the filter or something that has blocked it. Beko stuff is pretty shoddy when it isn’t setting fire to your house, so expect problems every so often and get familiar with servicing washing machines and espares.co.uk
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 4th Oct
I had same issue with mine, it was the waste water pipe, flushed it through and now drains fine!
Sounds like either a pump failure (can you hear pump trying to drain?) or blockage (if its a blockage then it must be something big or you would notice a gradual decline and probably an error message before total failure).
Not sure of layout of your machine, can you get back off and access to pump easily? If so, try removing clip holding outlet hose from pump and a quick drain with it disconnected. If nothing comes out but it tries to pump the problem is inside the machine. If it floods the kitchen (only joking - watch the outlet and have a towel underneath it. Switch it off if it starts to drain) then the issue is in the hose. That is pretty easy to resolve.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 4th Oct
If pump isn't coming on then it's that or control knob not switching it on.
wayners04/10/2019 08:56

If pump isn't coming on then it's that or control knob not switching it on.

Control knobs doesn't operate pump - that's done through program. Though it may be a sensor fault, telling the program that the machine is empty when it isn't. It wouldn't pump then.
Ringfinger04/10/2019 09:08

Control knobs doesn't operate pump - that's done through program. Though …Control knobs doesn't operate pump - that's done through program. Though it may be a sensor fault, telling the program that the machine is empty when it isn't. It wouldn't pump then.

I had similar and no power was going to pump so I assumed it was the control part which looked like it was at back of control knob. Could not see much else with my machine. I just dumped machine as 15+ years old. I know pumps jam up but with mine there was no power getting to pump. What do I know...Not much I guess. Last resort smack it
wayners04/10/2019 09:41

I had similar and no power was going to pump so I assumed it was the …I had similar and no power was going to pump so I assumed it was the control part which looked like it was at back of control knob. Could not see much else with my machine. I just dumped machine as 15+ years old. I know pumps jam up but with mine there was no power getting to pump. What do I know...Not much I guess. Last resort smack it

Sounds like you are describing an old fashioned washing machine with a mechanical controller, which had lots of electrical switches driven by a little motor.

The equivalent fault on a modern machine would be a failed Mosfet / transistor on the control board.
I would remove the pump filter/trap to check for blockages (usually behind a flap near the floor on the front of the machine) you may be able to see the pump impeller with it removed to check it is clear.

If it is not that, put the machine on drain to see if you can hear the pump running.

If it sounds like it is running, check the stand pipe or whatever the drain hose is connected to and the hose itself to make sure it is not blocked.
At the moment I tried disconnecting the pipe going from WM to the sink (disconnected at sink) and water was flowing out would that mean there a blockage in sink or pipe going from machine to sink?

Sorry hope that makes sense
Switchy8704/10/2019 13:32

At the moment I tried disconnecting the pipe going from WM to the sink …At the moment I tried disconnecting the pipe going from WM to the sink (disconnected at sink) and water was flowing out would that mean there a blockage in sink or pipe going from machine to sink?Sorry hope that makes sense

Yes, most likely. Is it a self tapping joint into the sink drain pipe? Like this?
38605776-MvCLV.jpg. Could be the non return valve (usually a rubber flap) had been wedged closed by a build up of some kind.
Thanks guys got machine working was a cloth in stuck in the filter.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants