Groups

Belated Mothers Day

OK...so I didnt get my mum a Mothers Day pressie (thanks to Halfords not knowing what they're doing and saying they can do things they BLATANTLY cant!!!!!!) anyway moving on....I have a plan....I am thinking as adopting this Thursday as my mums own individual Mothers Day

OK so heres the plan......
    She is at the dentist in the morning.....which means time to go out and get a big bunch of flowers

Then we will (hopefully) be going to a spa for a couple of hours relaxation...and I'm getting her the treatment she has always wanted to try (the hot stones massage type thing)...this is so long as the spa actually get back to me on Wednesday as promised...if not then we can go to Manchester shopping

Then time to call in somewhere and get some food

Then (as she is a mental LFC supporter, but never has anyone to go with) I have just got her front row kop seats (in the corner but shush...its the thought that counts) for the Hillsborough Memorial match, which includes Kenny Dalglesh (sp) playing, who is her crush...

and shes been chauffered round all day by her daughter..

Do we think this makes up for the delay???
    And does anyone have any other little (cos I'm kinda skint) ideas I can add onto the day?

27 Comments

Just tell her how much you love her! That will mean more than any gift. But think she will have a fab day!

Banned

handmake your own card, either 'happy (insert name) day! or a thankyou/i love you card. its the thought that counts. My mum likes nothing more than a duvet in the lounge and a good girly film so make you can come back to that and a takeaway?

Its the personal things that add up, open a photobox account today for some free prints and get some photos in an album or framed for her. they should be with you within a couple of days.
    x

Cancel her dentist appointment!

Well first all I can say is what a great day you have planned and to be honest I think you have it all covered remember less is more! and second your mum must be very proud to have a person as great as you!:thumbsup:

think its awesome. good for u hun x

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;5179356

Cancel her dentist appointment!

LOL cant! her front tooth has snapped off!!!!! I know it sounds bad...it looks it too...and she is going on holiday on sunday so dont think she would appreciate it been cancelled :?

Original Poster

mikebike;5179367

Well first all I can say is what a great day you have planned and to be … Well first all I can say is what a great day you have planned and to be honest I think you have it all covered remember less is more! and second your mum must be very proud to have a person as great as you!:thumbsup:

Awww thank you Im just hoping the Spa can fit us in....apparently the manager is off for a couple of days (and they dont have a sub) so I need to wait until Wednesday to find out

If not then I guess shopping will have to suffice :whistling:

Sounds fantastic to me:-D Well impressed!
    I hate Mothers Day, Fathers Day and all that stuff. I always tell my 3 not to bother, sooo much better to have your own special day:thumbsup:

lil_tiger;5179382

LOL cant! her front tooth has snapped off!!!!! I know it sounds bad...it … LOL cant! her front tooth has snapped off!!!!! I know it sounds bad...it looks it too...and she is going on holiday on sunday so dont think she would appreciate it been cancelled :?

I would, I hate the dentist!!!

Banned

when is mothers day?

Original Poster

MAIA;5179408

Sounds fantastic to me:-D Well impressed! I hate Mothers Day, Fathers … Sounds fantastic to me:-D Well impressed! I hate Mothers Day, Fathers Day and all that stuff. I always tell my 3 not to bother, sooo much better to have your own special day:thumbsup:

yeah my mum always says not to bother....but this year she didnt have anything (was meant to be getting a cd player installed in the car but halfords messed up the day before mothers day and i refused to panic buy something without thought!) and anyone could see she was gutted

Its mothers day in the us on Sunday I think...so I could play that card if I get any sarci comments :P

Original Poster

PabloInTheSky;5179413

when is mothers day?

mothers day was ages ago....lol

So impressed with your idea that I've rep'd you for it. :thumbsup:

If we all did this all the companies who sell the naff Mothers Day pressies would go bust!

Fantastic. Everyone happy.:p

Original Poster

MAIA;5179472

So impressed with your idea that I've rep'd you for it. :thumbsup: If … So impressed with your idea that I've rep'd you for it. :thumbsup: If we all did this all the companies who sell the naff Mothers Day pressies would go bust! Fantastic. Everyone happy.:p

lol thanks and good point....who needs packages when you can make them yourself?
    ...just hope it runs to plan! trying to schedule it now lol

Everyone should choose their own individual Mothers Day. That would stop the flower shops profiteering!

Banned

lil_tiger;5179421

mothers day was ages ago....lol

ok had me worrying there :roll:

Original Poster

LJM;5179932

Everyone should choose their own individual Mothers Day. That would stop … Everyone should choose their own individual Mothers Day. That would stop the flower shops profiteering!

lol would be kinda cool to choose a date for these things, like mothers/fathers day and valentines day...and do them at the same dates every year

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5180030

I'm in Australia atm and it was mother's day here yesterday.

ohhhh good :-D least I can say its close to some kinda mothers day

LJM;5179932

Everyone should choose their own individual Mothers Day. That would stop … Everyone should choose their own individual Mothers Day. That would stop the flower shops profiteering!

+1 exactly
    Who wants the rubbish bunches of pink flowers, all exactly the same. What sort of Mum would be happy to see her kids ripped off by all this every year. Misses the whole point of Mothers Day.
    My most treasured gifts have always been the home made ones:) Really is the thought that counts for Mums

lil_tiger is a star;-)

Original Poster

MAIA;5180287

+1 exactly Who wants the rubbish bunches of pink flowers, all exactly … +1 exactly Who wants the rubbish bunches of pink flowers, all exactly the same. What sort of Mum would be happy to see her kids ripped off by all this every year. Misses the whole point of Mothers Day. My most treasured gifts have always been the home made ones:) Really is the thought that counts for Mums lil_tiger is a star;-)

lol awww.....taaaa :oops:

Very welcome.:) Enjoy your special day, hope the dentist trip works out well for your Mum too;-)

The spa trip sounds good. My son in law suggested that he would babysit their 2 babies while my daughter goes to a spa for the day with me. Just the idea made my day. So thoughtful:roll:

it sounds wonderful hon. As a Mum all I ever want is more time with my kids... so being with you all day will be fantastic for her

OK so heres the plan......She is at the dentist in the morning.....which … OK so heres the plan......She is at the dentist in the morning.....which means time to go out and get a big bunch of flowers :DThen we will (hopefully) be going to a spa for a couple of hours relaxation...and I'm getting her the treatment she has always wanted to try (the hot stones massage type thing)...this is so long as the spa actually get back to me on Wednesday as promised...if not then we can go to Manchester shoppingThen time to call in somewhere and get some food :)Then (as she is a mental LFC supporter, but never has anyone to go with) I have just got her front row kop seats (in the corner but shush...its the thought that counts) for the Hillsborough Memorial match, which includes Kenny Dalglesh (sp) playing, who is her crush...and shes been chauffered round all day by her daughter..Do we think this makes up for the delay???And does anyone have any other little (cos I'm kinda skint) ideas I can add onto the day?

Can you be my daughter? (not a woman but for this kinda swag I could be . . . . .)

If thats just for belated Mothers day, can you order my Bentley for Xmas now please

Original Poster

mbgringo;5180774

Can you be my daughter? (not a woman but for this kinda swag I could be . … Can you be my daughter? (not a woman but for this kinda swag I could be . . . . .)If thats just for belated Mothers day, can you order my Bentley for Xmas now please

lol...maybe its just me but I dont really think its that much to say thankyou for everything for the past (almost) 21 years

What about getting a personalised card from moonpig??

Original Poster

OK got to do the shopping route seen as the spa 'cant fit us in'

If you are shopping in Manchester, the big shops here such as Kendals have salons that do all sorts of spa type things. (aroma therapy etc.)
    The restaurants here have lots of 2 for 1 offers on just now. Look on Manchester Confidential website for vouchers to print.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4642189
      2. Sky Fibre Max33
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1620
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36196

See more discussions