Groups

Belfast accommodation

Hi all, a quick question if I may?
    I want to take my son (14 years old) for a night or 2 to Belfast on a boys outing. preferably a weekend so flying early Friday or Saturday (from Newcastle) to come back Sunday but the thing is all the digs seem mega expensive on the usual sites. does anyone have any advice or suggestions for cheap digs?
    Any advice or suggestions for things to do would also be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers!

9 Comments

there is a big red bus that tours round most of Belfast. major tourist attraction is Titanic which is walking distance. staying in Belfast - any of the hotel chains is fine. one major issue is Belfast Sunday shopping hours is 13.00 _ 18.00. great city lived here all my life. enjoy.

Premierinn Cathedral Quarter is ideal. Loads to do and take him on a black taxi tour of the murals etc. Bit of an eye opener

Original Poster

thanks so much for the replies! air bnb what a great idea!
    the big red bus and the titanic tour, awesome! the murals would definitely be on the list as well... any ideas on pricing for my budget would be greatly received as well...
    Again, Thanks!

don't forget the zoo, forever shrouded in mist up in the hills!

Accommodation in Belfast during a weekend can be quite expensive but does depend on when you book, if you book well in advance you can snap up some decent deals.

Premier Inn are a good option as they have 3 hotels in Belfast, the furthest away being the Premier Inn Titanic Quarter but it still isn't all that far away on foot from Belfast City Centre plus it is located right beside the SSE Arena and not far away from Titanic Belfast

An idea of things to do include the following:

Titanic Belfast Museum
    A Belfast Giants home game in the SSE Arena - ticketmaster.co.uk/Bel…107
    Shopping around Belfast City Centre
    A walk around St George's Market
    A bus tour from Belfast City Centre

easyJet fly from Newcastle to Belfast, as you've mentioned your son is 14 you can avail of child pricing which brings the overall costs down slightly.

To give an idea of costs I've given a couple of examples below which hopefully will be of some help, the final price does depend on when suits yourself to travel as the flights prices do vary during different dates and times:

Friday 3rd March depart Newcastle 16:50 arrive Belfast 17:45 - £49.96 total if paying by debit card
    Translink Bus Service 300 to Europa Buscentre at 18:05 or 18:25 - £10.50 adult return and £5.25 child return
    Premier Inn Titanic Quarter 2 nights in a twin room - £140.50
    Sunday 5th March depart Belfast 21:00 arrive Newcastle 21:50
    Total: £206.21

Friday 24th March depart Newcastle 14:20 arrive Belfast 15:15 - £69.96 total if paying by debit card
    Translink Bus Service 300 to Europa Buscentre at 15:30 or 15:50 - £10.50 adult return and £5.25 child return
    Premier Inn Titanic Quarter 2 nights in a twin room - £103.00
    Sunday 26th March depart Belfast 17:15 arrive Newcastle 18:10
    Total: £188.71

There are plenty of options out there, good luck with your search!

Original Poster

wow cmac, what a great reply. Thank you so much!

cmac20

Accommodation in Belfast during a weekend can be quite expensive but does … Accommodation in Belfast during a weekend can be quite expensive but does depend on when you book, if you book well in advance you can snap up some decent deals.Premier Inn are a good option as they have 3 hotels in Belfast, the furthest away being the Premier Inn Titanic Quarter but it still isn't all that far away on foot from Belfast City Centre plus it is located right beside the SSE Arena and not far away from Titanic BelfastAn idea of things to do include the following:Titanic Belfast MuseumA Belfast Giants home game in the SSE Arena - http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Belfast-Giants-tickets/artist/30107Shopping around Belfast City CentreA walk around St George's MarketA bus tour from Belfast City CentreeasyJet fly from Newcastle to Belfast, as you've mentioned your son is 14 you can avail of child pricing which brings the overall costs down slightly.To give an idea of costs I've given a couple of examples below which hopefully will be of some help, the final price does depend on when suits yourself to travel as the flights prices do vary during different dates and times:Friday 3rd March depart Newcastle 16:50 arrive Belfast 17:45 - £49.96 total if paying by debit cardTranslink Bus Service 300 to Europa Buscentre at 18:05 or 18:25 - £10.50 adult return and £5.25 child returnPremier Inn Titanic Quarter 2 nights in a twin room - £140.50Sunday 5th March depart Belfast 21:00 arrive Newcastle 21:50Total: £206.21Friday 24th March depart Newcastle 14:20 arrive Belfast 15:15 - £69.96 total if paying by debit cardTranslink Bus Service 300 to Europa Buscentre at 15:30 or 15:50 - £10.50 adult return and £5.25 child returnPremier Inn Titanic Quarter 2 nights in a twin room - £103.00Sunday 26th March depart Belfast 17:15 arrive Newcastle 18:10Total: £188.71There are plenty of options out there, good luck with your search!

​Copied and stored for future use. Great job, thanks.

GrassSnakeUK

wow cmac, what a great reply. Thank you so much!

You're very welcome!

If you need help with figuring anything out feel free to ask.

There are plenty of great hotels in Belfast but like most cities they soar in price for weekend stays so that is why I feel that any of the 3 Premier Inn hotels is a good choice. For midweek travel you can get very good deals in the Premier Inn hotels and I'd also recommend checking trivago if you want to compare their prices against other hotels.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions