Belgium defeat means England can get as high as what in the World Cup?

Found 28th Jun
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Easier half of the draw. But this is England in knockout football so it’s just the usual over excited rubbish
Knockout stages now so in theory they can win. In theory i can swim the channel...
England v Columbia will be a good game, neither will have it their own way. They should of played a full strength team, take advantage of Belgium resting players and took on Japan.
Columbia are fast, fit and technical, it'll be a great game.
Did you see how p*ssed off Robert Martinez was when Belgium scored!
For anyone who wants to know england coming second is better for them, it mean's they will most likely be playing sweden or switzerland in the quarters finals rather then belgium who will most likely play brazil,
(if we won tonight we would of played brazil)

But like some say we might lose in the last 16 to columbia!
If you know zip about football what you will find out is everyone thinks they know best You will hear a lot of complaints we should’ve played Harry Kane or the manager should of done this, should’ve done that. Should’ve played so and so and put so and so on the bench. Sitting in the living room explaining to their partner what the England manager is doing wrong and how he should be doing it right
If Southgate had wanted England to win then he would have played his strongest team. The thing that concerns me the most with England is the gk and defence. We look very sloppy at the back on occasions and think in other games we'll get punished. Rose shouldn't have let Janauzi do him like that. Should have been tighter, Other than that he looked better than Young attack wise at least.

Columbia will be a tough team to beat, so will the quarter finalists. Sure theoretically it's an easier path but not if you lose to Columbia!.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 28th Jun
.MUFC.17 m ago

If Southgate had wanted England to win then he would have played his …If Southgate had wanted England to win then he would have played his strongest team. The thing that concerns me the most with England is the gk and defence. We look very sloppy at the back on occasions and think in other games we'll get punished. Rose shouldn't have let Janauzi do him like that. Should have been tighter, Other than that he looked better than Young attack wise at least. Columbia will be a tough team to beat, so will the quarter finalists. Sure theoretically it's an easier path but not if you lose to Columbia!.

I didn't think much of tonight's performance on the whole. When Belgium went close to scoring in the first 10 minutes I expected them to tighten up and get creative or at least a bit more defensive but it didn't happen. When Belgium did score I counted seven England players in the penalty area, what the hell were they all waiting for? Sloppy defending in the extreme.
Now you know what Jordan Henderson adds to the team.
My boyfriend was so annoyed today because England didn't play a full team.
England will take Columbia apart in the next game , wait and see.
Round of 16 & Predictions:

France 2-1 Argentina
Uruguay 1-1 Portugal to win PENS
Spain 3-1 Russia
Croatia 3-2 Denmark
Brazil 1-2 Mexico
Belgium 3-1 Japan
Sweden 2-1 Switzerland
England 2-1 Colombia

Quarter Finals Results:

France 2-1 Portugal
Mexico 2-1 Belgium
Spain 1-3 Croatia
England 3-1 Sweden

Semi Finals:

France 1-2 Mexico
Croatia 1-2 England

World Cup 2018 Final:

England 5-0 Mexico

England will beat Colombia then play Sweden in quarter final and I'm hoping Croatia beat Spain then it's going to be England vs Croatia in semi final then finish with 5-0 vs Mexico in the Workd Cup 2018 Final
What a load of nonsense. What sort of team goes out to not win? It’s an absolute farce.

Things started off so well, the media and supporters were underplaying things, something I’ve not seen before. Talking about just going out and enjoying the tournament, have fun no pressure.

Fast forward to now and already the same garbage is happening as every other tournament before. England Expects, media hype overdrive, the poor fans getting caught up in the hyperbole, looking 3 games ahead instead of concentrating on the job at hand.

Any team with ambition goes out to destroy their opponents in every match, regardless.

Everything’s set up for the inevitable fall, where it’s wall to wall dog piling from media and fans alike. Every. Bloody. Time.
jaketheplumber10 h, 10 m ago

I didn't think much of tonight's performance on the whole. When Belgium …I didn't think much of tonight's performance on the whole. When Belgium went close to scoring in the first 10 minutes I expected them to tighten up and get creative or at least a bit more defensive but it didn't happen. When Belgium did score I counted seven England players in the penalty area, what the hell were they all waiting for? Sloppy defending in the extreme.

Had we had our best team out there the result might have been different. That could be said of Belgium too. I don't think that performance gives us any real idea of our level. Maybe it proves Belgium have more depth but there really wasn't that much between them Belgium were better on the night but not by much. Bittersweet defeat ( theoretically ).
Probably a Leeds fan, which explains a lot...
bbc.co.uk/new…too
I think you guys wished England would play Columbia and they would have a better chance of winning than playing Colombia !
So some dude on the TV just said they could still be in the Final. I thought they might have been out. Apparently not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants