Found 20th Feb 2008
Hi,
Im thinking about getting a cushtop for my laptop and was wondering if any of you have them and if they are any good. Also whats the best price around for them..any good deals?

1. Misc
  2. Belkin
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Belkin
14 Comments

£12.99 from play.com

i have one, they're OK...glad i have one, but i'm not shouting from the rooftops on how great they are. At 13 quid, it is worth the buy

The cheapest I've seen these was £9.99 from Dell several weeks ago on offer; or more recently £9.99 instore at Staples. I wouldn't like to have paid Belkin's RRP of £19.99 for what is essentially a shaped piece of covered foam. However it's simplicity belies it's usefulness and you'd be surprised how effective/comfortable/purposeful it really is.

Hope this helps.

Admin

Yeah I've got one too- it's ok, not amazing, but ok

I got one from play.com for 12.99. It does the job anyway

I have one too. It's better than I thought it would be as it is more solid than I was lead to believe. Don't believe the advertising blurb though when they say you can store your mouse and powersupply, etc. in the gap in the middle - it's too narrow to be of any practicle use for normal sized mice/powersupplies.

As Alpesh said, for £13 it's worth it.

nightswimmer;1610598

I have one too. It's better than I thought it would be as it is more … I have one too. It's better than I thought it would be as it is more solid than I was lead to believe. Don't believe the advertising blurb though when they say you can store your mouse and powersupply, etc. in the gap in the middle - it's too narrow to be of any practicle use for normal sized mice/powersupplies.As Alpesh said, for £13 it's worth it.

Your spot-on about the storage potential .... I'm not comfortable with placing my, already hot-enough, power supply into a relatively confined space............No jokes please sickos!!

I find mine great. Really takes the strain off your neck/back if you're using your machine for an extended period of time.
As per prev posts, got mine from Play :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice ill think ill go for it , im going in to town tomorrow and ill have a look if they have it at staples for £9.99 if not ill order one from play.com

Rep given to everyone

Cheers

JDC:thumbsup:

Admin

Don't forget your Quidco if you buy from Play

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;1610729

Don't forget your Quidco if you buy from Play

lol, dont worry i wont:thumbsup:

What about the airflow as my laptop gets hot quickly if the fan at the bottom of the laptop if blocked. Is this an issue with this product?

manzi;1611019

What about the airflow as my laptop gets hot quickly if the fan at the … What about the airflow as my laptop gets hot quickly if the fan at the bottom of the laptop if blocked. Is this an issue with this product?

I was worried about this as my laptop is the same, but there is next to no give, so it's just like resting your laptop on a tray or something.

nightswimmer;1611146

I was worried about this as my laptop is the same, but there is next to … I was worried about this as my laptop is the same, but there is next to no give, so it's just like resting your laptop on a tray or something.

What are they like for using on your knee? I currently use one of those trays with like a bean bag thing on the back, whenever ive seen cushtops advertised is says/shows them being used on the bed or floor.

harlzter;1611482

What are they like for using on your knee? I currently use one of those … What are they like for using on your knee? I currently use one of those trays with like a bean bag thing on the back, whenever ive seen cushtops advertised is says/shows them being used on the bed or floor.

I must admit, I mainly use mine on my bed too, but I've used it on my lap as well and it was fine. It does feel a little slippy on certain materials though, although not slippy enough to slide off or anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313888
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247592
    4. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October44

See more discussions