Belkin G Wireless problems

6 replies
Found 16th Jan 2011
I got the Belkin G Wireless Router from andywedges deal a week or so ago and tried to set it up today.

hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…378

I followed the instructions and I got all of the way through the set up until it told me that I needed to verify a user name and password which my ISP would have.

I then called an automated line to TalkTalk and retrieved these and entered the details but the router set up said my ISP did not recognise them.

Anyone know what is my next step please?

Ta
Mick

6 Comments

Make sure you used the right upper / lowercase letters

Original Poster

gr8h8me

Make sure you used the right upper / lowercase letters

They were all upper case.

Banned

Do talk talk let you use your own routers?? If not they won't give you the username & password

Original Poster

robbieukranger

Do talk talk let you use your own routers?? If not they won't give you … Do talk talk let you use your own routers?? If not they won't give you the username & password

There are a few links about saying that they do.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Yes lol, I've had my own router with them since 2006.Anyway, your … Yes lol, I've had my own router with them since 2006.Anyway, your username is phonenumber@talktalk.netAnd then enter the password. Also Belkin are absolute crap and their network equipment is junk.Are you trying to log into the router interface with the talk talk info?

I got the following password info from talktalk:

Username - mytelephonenumber@talktalk.net
Password EG - S5H7J3T8M1

I put this in when the router set up asked my for my ISP username and pasword, it then said it was attempting to connect to my ISP but my ISP did not recognise it.

Give Talk Talk a ring, their helpline is very good, I'm told..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge35
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black11
    3. CEX grading67
    4. Lost my CEX membership Card?33

See more discussions