Bell car insurance - black box installed, cheaper insurance....Utter BS!!

Found 24th Jun 2016
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with Bell/Admiral car insurance having a plug and drive black box??

My partner has had his in over 3 months now and we got told he could take it out now to receive his discount. We were told when he got the black box if he had good standard driving then he would get 10-20% discount on our car insurance. He's had gold standard (highest) throughout and we've been given a 4% discount or around £2 per week saving!!!
He's obviously not a happy bunny! They are complete rip off merchants!

Anyone else had this? Anyone suggest what to do from here in regards to speaking to Bell?

Thanks in advance

10 Comments

I went with Bell for my first years insurance and kept the black box throughout the full policy, no mention of removing it part way through. But I did get the promised discount, all in all I think I got around 15% back so £200 back.

Has your partner been keeping an eye on his performance through the online portal?

Original Poster

Yes, we got weekly updates via email and every week (barring 1 he got silver) has been gold standard. He took the policy out with Bell as it was the cheapest he could get and they said if he had the black box in for 3 months with good standard driving he would qualify for between 10-20% saving.
He's ringing them tomorrow.

Banned

I've not heard this either... my sister has one with Bell and she's not aloud to remove it

moostang

I've not heard this either... my sister has one with Bell and she's not … I've not heard this either... my sister has one with Bell and she's not aloud to remove it

I had plug and drive and you only needed to keep it for 3 months before sending it back.

OP, i can't see anything on my documents that states a 10-15% discount. It just says 'further discounts'? Do you have evidence to say 10-15%?

Original Poster

I'm sure we have it on paper... I'm going to look for it shortly but they verbally said that it was between 10-15% on the phone.

Original Poster

That was the only reason we agreed to the box.

Had a look and my discount worked out around 4% too, didnt even think to query it so let us know how you get on.

Isn't bell one of those that give you a discount but then recoup costs for the black box? Thus negating a large proportion of the discount.

Original Poster

shepademus

Had a look and my discount worked out around 4% too, didnt even think to … Had a look and my discount worked out around 4% too, didnt even think to query it so let us know how you get on.

Will do.

pink_elephant

That was the only reason we agreed to the box.

Any update on this?
I just signed up for bell and plug and drive black box. Would be interested to hear your updated experiences. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text