Ben & Jerry's ice cream tainted with weedkiller

Found 9th Oct 2017
I know there's lots of E's everywhere but weedkiller?

theguardian.com/env…ler?
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
It’s in pretty much everything that uses grown crops, it’s a chemical that’s hard to avoid.
It's a bit ironic that when I click on the link it also plays an advert for weedol weed killer!
Its our right to have weed killer!
I'd rather have weed
someone say E's, happy days where the rave at
Banned
Dannyrobbo6 h, 46 m ago

It’s in pretty much everything that uses grown crops, it’s a chemical tha …It’s in pretty much everything that uses grown crops, it’s a chemical that’s hard to avoid.

No mate. It kills stuff dead. Weeds, plants, trees. Everything
Yes. That’s why it ends up in our food because it kills weeds and not modified crops. So it ends up on the food that ends up on the shelves. It’s not that hard to grasp is it?
Dannyrobbo2 h, 38 m ago

Yes. That’s why it ends up in our food because it kills weeds and not m …Yes. That’s why it ends up in our food because it kills weeds and not modified crops. So it ends up on the food that ends up on the shelves. It’s not that hard to grasp is it?

How does it end up in a scoop of ice cream?
Destard1 h, 0 m ago

How does it end up in a scoop of ice cream?

If you read the article it tells you, I will save you the trouble.

“The herbicide is commonly used on crops such as wheat, barley, oats and peanuts, making it likely that it came from B&J’s cookie dough, peanut butter or other added ingredients.“
Dannyrobbo11 m ago

If you read the article it tells you, I will save you the trouble. “The h …If you read the article it tells you, I will save you the trouble. “The herbicide is commonly used on crops such as wheat, barley, oats and peanuts, making it likely that it came from B&J’s cookie dough, peanut butter or other added ingredients.“

And do you feel that this is an acceptable state of affairs?
Destard41 m ago

And do you feel that this is an acceptable state of affairs?

No course not, but it should come as no surprise really. I don’t eat Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream but I no doubt eat my fair share of Glyphosate like the rest of the country. I think it should be banned but it’ll not happen in the UK.
Dannyrobbo3 m ago

No course not, but it should come as no surprise really. I don’t eat Ben a …No course not, but it should come as no surprise really. I don’t eat Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream but I no doubt eat my fair share of Glyphosate like the rest of the country. I think it should be banned but it’ll not happen in the UK.

As a matter of interest, how thoroughly do you rinse cutlery/crockery/glasses when hand washing?
Destard6 m ago

As a matter of interest, how thoroughly do you rinse …As a matter of interest, how thoroughly do you rinse cutlery/crockery/glasses when hand washing?

I don’t really hand wash anything it is put straight into the dish washer, how come?
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 10th Oct 2017
Dannyrobbo4 m ago

I don’t really hand wash anything it is put straight into the dish washer, …I don’t really hand wash anything it is put straight into the dish washer, how come?

I think it may be a case of .....

32224625-cjTBC.jpg
Dannyrobbo1 h, 55 m ago

If you read the article it tells you, I will save you the trouble. “The h …If you read the article it tells you, I will save you the trouble. “The herbicide is commonly used on crops such as wheat, barley, oats and peanuts, making it likely that it came from B&J’s cookie dough, peanut butter or other added ingredients.“

I always knew soggy biscuit ice cream was wrong.
Original Poster
Unfortunately this stuff is everywhere. When I worked in Burger King my manager told me to wash my hands properly after degreasing the metal parts and plastic trays for burger patties- it was apparently carcinogenic. We only rinsed the trays with water after degreasing. I thought I would avoid takeaways but it must be the same in normal restaurants too. Best thing to do is not to think about it too much.
B&J said they would remove this stuff later, so I hope they do it as soon as possible.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions