Bending metal panels to make a SSD bracket

Found 11th Jan
Anyone here got experience with folding metal to make SSD brackets ?

I need to make an alumnium bracket to mount an SSD under a cdrom. Pretty sure I could build one out of a 1mm sheet but would like some hints to make it easier

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Anyone can fold metal and drill a few holes (if they have the time and patience that is). Just pay £1 click if your looking for a SSD bracket.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 11th Jan

Just tape it to the underside of the cd drive.

Just tape it to the topside of the floppy drive

Original Poster

RiverDragon837 m ago

Anyone can fold metal and drill a few holes (if they have the time and …Anyone can fold metal and drill a few holes (if they have the time and patience that is). Just pay £1 click if your looking for a SSD bracket.

Well the idea was to hone some skills into making the custom bracket that installs below the cdrom else I might as well velcro it to the bottom of the drive
Edited by: "kester76" 11th Jan

Original Poster

The idea was to duplicate the SSD mount.

33042326-JIgPv.jpg

Original Poster

33042338-22Vq0.jpg

Poundland sell 5 small strips of Unibond's No More Nails for £1. One of those strips should do the job very nicely.

I used 3 of the strips a few weeks ago to stick a broadband router to a wall and it is still hanging there. I am rather impressed.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 11th Jan

Original Poster

SUMMONER34 m ago

Poundland sell 5 small strips of Unibond's No More Nails for £1. One of …Poundland sell 5 small strips of Unibond's No More Nails for £1. One of those strips should do the job very nicely.I used 3 of the strips a few weeks ago to stick a broadband router to a wall and it is still hanging there. I am rather impressed.

I've got command strips that I guess would do the same thing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants