Groups

benidorm in a few weeks money exchange

Hi I'm going on holiday in a few weeks to benidorm. Question is euro rate atm is 1.11 ish would I get a better rate there or here?
    Also what's best things to do there? Family with a 2yr
    Thanks

10 Comments

To be honest, it wouldn't be much more there and I always feel its quite risky changing a large amount of money in a busy resort, so I always change before I go. I always use fairfx.com

Here are some tips for places to go:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Att…tml
    Edited by: "robertr" 3rd Jul

Use currency card like Revolut for better rate and exchange as needed

Se10ery241

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi I'm going on holiday in a few weeks to … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi I'm going on holiday in a few weeks to benidorm. Question is euro rate atm is 1.11 ish would I get a better rate there or here?Also what's best things to do there? Family with a 2yrThanks\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Where in Benidorm are you staying?

Theres an exchange place in the indoor market next door to Hotels Sol Pelicanos/Ocas (featured in the programme 'Benidorm') which normally gives the best rate for English currency than what you can get here in UK, normally couple of cents better per pound.

seen here
    p.s. going in 3 weeks (go every year), only ever take 100 euros or so and rest in English sterling to change over there

Edited by: "andynicol" 3rd Jul

Se10ery241

Also what's best things to do there? Family with a … Also what's best things to do there? Family with a 2yrThanks\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Jump on the tour bus, seen here, runs all the way round Benidorm and back to where you got on, you can of course get off wherever you want, costs 4/5 euros each, well worth it if visiting for the first time.

https://www.excursionesbenidorm.com/images/stories/benidorm-bus-turistic/gallery/Benidorm-Tourist-Bus-7.jpg

Without knowing your preference for entertainment I'm guessing you want to keep your 2 yr old happy?

Mundomar is the local zoo, great for kids, and next door to the zoo is Aqulandia, again a great day out, buy tickets locally for these, available almost everywhere, shop around for best deal, if you book Mundomar and Aqualandia at same time you get a discount.

Wherever you buy the tickets for these, ask them which bus to take you there, they will tell you no. and exactly where the stop is, buses terminate at the zoo and waterpark, so can be easily had when leaving, much cheaper than a taxi.

If going to Aqualandia, get pool shoes, especially for the little 'un, the tiles/concrete gets very hot.
    Take your own food, they welcome folk to bring there own, so take a picnic, usual fast-food is available but you'll save a few quid by taking your own.

Terra Mitica is the name of the theme park, I've never visited yet, kids not too keen on theme parks, so can't really comment on it but worth a look if that floats your boat.

Benidorm Circus I'm sure will keep your toddler happy for a couple of hours, and isn't overly expensive @ 15 euros each, again well worth it IMHO.

Edited by: "andynicol" 3rd Jul

Personally for all the rate differance is going to be unless you are changing any large amounts we are really talking about a +/-0.01>0.04 differance. Think it is more about what you feel more comfortable with yourself.
    Thomas Cook if you reserve online and pickup instore currently have an offer if you buy more than £500 worth you get 1 year Gourmet Society membership for free (also currently 1.1148)
    Debenhams also still have the offer if you buy some currency you get a £5 voucher of £20 spend though the rate is 1.108868.
    Remember myself last year haunting around for the best rate changing £500 then realising where the best rate I found was going to cost myself more on fuel to get there than I was saving compared to changing in my own bank in my own town.
    TC Money Exchange offer
    Debenhams Exchange Offer
    My friend went the other week and only purchased few Euro's at home. He forgot about the election happening and when he went to change money the pound had crashed slightly that day against the Euro. Always the gamble you take.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 3rd Jul

I was there a couple of weeks ago and rate was the same as I got at eurochange before I went, use code VIP2017TM for a slightly better rate

Get a Barclaycard platinum credit card and use it at any ATM no fees charged until 2012. So you will get the best rate or if you bank with Metro bank their debit card has no fees for any transactions in Europe.

sydney8711 h, 14 m ago

Get a Barclaycard platinum credit card and use it at any ATM no fees …Get a Barclaycard platinum credit card and use it at any ATM no fees charged until 2012. So you will get the best rate or if you bank with Metro bank their debit card has no fees for any transactions in Europe.

After 31 August 2018 a 2.99% fee will apply on every transaction abroad, so you'll need to find a new card

Halifax clarity has no charges and hasnt done for years. You get the best exchange rate too.

chocci

After 31 August 2018 a 2.99% fee will apply on every transaction abroad, … After 31 August 2018 a 2.99% fee will apply on every transaction abroad, so you'll need to find a new cardHalifax clarity has no charges and hasnt done for years. You get the best exchange rate too.

Does the Halifax card allow free transactions even though you withdraw cash from an ATM? Don't you need to be in credit? Barclaycard doesn't.

sydney8711 h, 1 m ago

Does the Halifax card allow free transactions even though you withdraw …Does the Halifax card allow free transactions even though you withdraw cash from an ATM? Don't you need to be in credit? Barclaycard doesn't.

No, Free withdrawals and intra-bank exchange rates regardless of balance (up to credit limit). Interest is charged but pay it off within a few days and it comes to pennies

eg. I took £500 out in Italy in May and paid it back upon my return and the interest was 57p. Would be less if I could be bothered to pay it off when on holiday
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      4. Back to European satellite tv32

See more discussions