Groups

Benitez were you watching?

The pressures on

*Spoilers*

110 Comments

He won't have seen anything, since he was sitting with Mr Wenger :whistling:

Benitez is wayyyyy out of his league if he is trying to get into slanging matches with Fergie. Sir Alex has seen them all try... Wenger, Keegan, Grant etc.... but has always come out on top!! If he is going to try it, he may want to remind his team that they need to beat the likes of Stoke to help back up his comments!! I think todays 3-0 shows the kind of response Fergie can get out of his team when he has been challanged!!

Banned

Spammed.

This post is here to deliberately wind people up.

Just kidding.. good result.:thumbsup:

Just wished my lot would stop conceding goals in injury time!

since when did this site become a site for cockney,armchair supporter prawn munchers

liferiley;4029375

since when did this site become a site for cockney,armchair supporter … since when did this site become a site for cockney,armchair supporter prawn munchers

About 28 posts ago, it seems :whistling:

Original Poster

kyalion;4029401

Lol, Have some rep

Intersting that just now on Sk sports, fergie didn' have a response to Rafa's comments..

He would have a few years back.Personally, i reckon he's the one who is losing it. He had no answers simply because he knows rafa spoke the truth.

Banned

kyalion;4029401

have some more rep, made me chuckle. Destroyed in 6 words!

Original Poster

karaokecolin;4029454

Intersting that just now on Sk sports, fergie didn' have a response to … Intersting that just now on Sk sports, fergie didn' have a response to Rafa's comments..He would have a few years back.Personally, i reckon he's the one who is losing it. He had no answers simply because he knows rafa spoke the truth.

He wouldn't bring himself down to Benitez level, Fergie will reply when we nail them at Old Trafford.

shauneco;4029416

Lol, Have some rep

hankmarvin4;4029504

have some more rep, made me chuckle. Destroyed in 6 words!

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

shauneco;4029524

He wouldn't bring himself down to Benitez level, Fergie will reply when … He wouldn't bring himself down to Benitez level, Fergie will reply when we nail them at Old Trafford.

Can't see that happening tbh. Fergy is already at a much lower level in terms of dishing out verbals when you look at his past outbursts at mourhino, wenger etc etc. Just seems he can't take it when someone stands up to him in a similar way that he and his team are not much good at handling defeat.

And then all the mancs wonder why nobody likes them!!

Original Poster

karaokecolin;4029652

Can't see that happening tbh. Fergy is already at a much lower level in … Can't see that happening tbh. Fergy is already at a much lower level in terms of dishing out verbals when you look at his past outbursts at mourhino, wenger etc etc. Just seems he can't take it when someone stands up to him in a similar way that he and his team are not much good at handling defeat.And then all the mancs wonder why nobody likes them!!

It seems to have worked, We've got the trophies to prove it. They say it to try and unbalance the opposition, Benitez failed and is an amateur, Fergie is a pro, I think today's result sends a real message of intent.

shauneco;4029416

Lol, Have some rep

lol 28 posts...think someone needs a .]http//ww…tml not some rep.saying that its scientific so maybe not,stick to learning how count first.

After the match, Ferguson attempted to play down Benitez’s comments, only offering that the Spaniard was ‘disturbed’.

“I think you’ve got to cut through the venom of it, hopefully he’ll reflect and understand what he was saying was ridiculous,” Ferguson told Sky Sports.

“I think he was an angry man, I think he was disturbed for one reason or another – that’s all I’ve got to say about it.

“They’re not facts but we don’t want to get into it.”

kyalion;4029401

anyhow when did gooners start sucking up the enemy,ya must be a plastic.heres something for you my friend,yours must be worn out by now:-

http://www.furniturestoreblog.com/images/Moel%20Arm%20Chair%20ligne%20Roset%20Inga%20Sempe.jpg
    :whistling:

shauneco;4029755

It seems to have worked, We've got the trophies to prove it. They say it … It seems to have worked, We've got the trophies to prove it. They say it to try and unbalance the opposition, Benitez failed and is an amateur, Fergie is a pro, I think today's result sends a real message of intent.

Disagree again here becuase these tactics don't work. As Rafa Benitez & many other sports commentators have pointed out, it is fact that a lot of Man Utd's results over the past few years, especially in the premiership, have been down to dubious refereeing decisions for them due to the pressure the players & fergy put on the refs, favourable fixture arrangements, & also the 'untouchable' attitude & persona that Fergy has created for himself.

This is a shame because Man Utd are a team of mostly average players with the exception of an obvious few & it takes good management skills to get good results out of such average players. When Fergy is being a football team manager he can do this. When things aren't going his way, he can't and unfortunately he then resorts to the tactics Benitez pointed out on Friday.

I know several true Man Utd fans (i.e. those who go to the games regular and not band-wagoners) who support this argument but they are also prepared to 'blind-eye' it because of the results achieved which is fair enough for Man Utd fans, but not good for the game.

Today's result does show a message of intent, but it was against a below par Chelsea side. On this basis. a Liverpool fan could argue that the Liverpool v Newcastle result the other week was a stronger message - away win, 5-0 etc.

TBH, I think the Liverpool v Man U result earlier in the season when both teams were at full strength and it was earlier in the season was by far the most emphatic message of intent this season so far.

karaokecolin;4030490

Disagree again here becuase these tactics don't work. As Rafa Benitez & … Disagree again here becuase these tactics don't work. As Rafa Benitez & many other sports commentators have pointed out, it is fact that a lot of Man Utd's results over the past few years, especially in the premiership, have been down to dubious refereeing decisions for them due to the pressure the players & fergy put on the refs, favourable fixture arrangements, & also the 'untouchable' attitude & persona that Fergy has created for himself.This is a shame because Man Utd are a team of mostly average players with the exception of an obvious few & it takes good management skills to get good results out of such average players. When Fergy is being a football team manager he can do this. When things aren't going his way, he can't and unfortunately he then resorts to the tactics Benitez pointed out on Friday. I know several true Man Utd fans (i.e. those who go to the games regular and not band-wagoners) who support this argument but they are also prepared to 'blind-eye' it because of the results achieved which is fair enough for Man Utd fans, but not good for the game.Today's result does show a message of intent, but it was against a below par Chelsea side. On this basis. a Liverpool fan could argue that the Liverpool v Newcastle result the other week was a stronger message - away win, 5-0 etc.TBH, I think the Liverpool v Man U result earlier in the season when both teams were at full strength and it was earlier in the season was by far the most emphatic message of intent this season so far.

jealous much?! I think beating the 2nd best team in Europe 3-0 in emphatic fashion far exceeds the Liverpool victory at Newcastle, a team that are in the bottom half of the table!! And for the record it was 5-1 not 5-0....:whistling:

karaokecolin;4030490

Disagree again here becuase these tactics don't work. As Rafa Benitez & … Disagree again here becuase these tactics don't work. As Rafa Benitez & many other sports commentators have pointed out, it is fact that a lot of Man Utd's results over the past few years, especially in the premiership, have been down to dubious refereeing decisions for them due to the pressure the players & fergy put on the refs, favourable fixture arrangements, & also the 'untouchable' attitude & persona that Fergy has created for himself.This is a shame because Man Utd are a team of mostly average players with the exception of an obvious few & it takes good management skills to get good results out of such average players. When Fergy is being a football team manager he can do this. When things aren't going his way, he can't and unfortunately he then resorts to the tactics Benitez pointed out on Friday. I know several true Man Utd fans (i.e. those who go to the games regular and not band-wagoners) who support this argument but they are also prepared to 'blind-eye' it because of the results achieved which is fair enough for Man Utd fans, but not good for the game.Today's result does show a message of intent, but it was against a below par Chelsea side. On this basis. a Liverpool fan could argue that the Liverpool v Newcastle result the other week was a stronger message - away win, 5-0 etc.TBH, I think the Liverpool v Man U result earlier in the season when both teams were at full strength and it was earlier in the season was by far the most emphatic message of intent this season so far.

What a load of old tosh, all the top teams get dubious decisions in there favor & all the top managers are just as bad as each other.
    United won the league, champions league & the world club championship so hardly just an average team & you can win the odd game with a bit of luck & a favorable decision but not three trophies :roll:
    I think a 3-0 win over Chelsea is a stronger statement than a 10-0 win over Newcastle :lol:
    A few favorable decision's wont help you win the league so I think at the end of the day the best team over the whole season will win the league :thumbsup:

karaokecolin;4030490

Liverpool wernt at full strength when they beat Utd - both Gerrard & Torres were carrying injuries - Gerrard came on as a substitute late on in the second half and Torres didnt come on at all

Cantona_7;4030550

jealous much?! I think beating the 2nd best team in Europe 3-0 in … jealous much?! I think beating the 2nd best team in Europe 3-0 in emphatic fashion far exceeds the Liverpool victory at Newcastle, a team that are in the bottom half of the table!! And for the record it was 5-1 not 5-0....:whistling:

Chelsea arent the second best team in Europe. Just because they got to the Champs League final last season doesnt make them the 2nd best team in Europe.

They are a totally different proposition now - new manager and new style of playing

Cantona_7;4030550

jealous much?! I think beating the 2nd best team in Europe 3-0 in … jealous much?! I think beating the 2nd best team in Europe 3-0 in emphatic fashion far exceeds the Liverpool victory at Newcastle, a team that are in the bottom half of the table!! And for the record it was 5-1 not 5-0....:whistling:

I thought this would bring a few of the 'man U bandwagoners' out of the woodwork.

Your point would be valid if Chelsea were the 2nd best team in Europe.
    And if you beat them in emphatic fashion.

The actual discussion here was Benitez/fergy issue - and as yet, no Man utd 'Fan', spokesman or even the great man himself has really given a satisfactory response other than the old 'won't lower himself' chestnut or 'see what happens in May' or 'we will answer at Anfield'

How did the song go ? - Boring , boring Man Utd?:w00t:

roryk83;4030795

Liverpool wernt at full strength when they beat Utd - both Gerrard & … Liverpool wernt at full strength when they beat Utd - both Gerrard & Torres were carrying injuries - Gerrard came on as a substitute late on in the second half and Torres didnt come on at all

Soert of reinforces my argument that it was a more emphatic statement of inent then - my apologies for my oversight/un-research.:thumbsup:

liferiley;4029862

lol 28 posts...think someone needs a … lol 28 posts...think someone needs a .http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails-Casio+FX115MS+Scientific+Calculator-22091017.html not some rep.saying that its scientific so maybe not,stick to learning how count first.

He meant your post count...

Also didn't a team lose to Derby last week?

roryk83;4030795

Liverpool wernt at full strength when they beat Utd - both Gerrard & … Liverpool wernt at full strength when they beat Utd - both Gerrard & Torres were carrying injuries - Gerrard came on as a substitute late on in the second half and Torres didnt come on at all

Was you at full strength when you played stoke yesterday? Same old Liverpool :whistling:
    Don't forget you still have to play United at Old Trafford & United are known to step up a gear later in the season :w00t:
    At the end of the day I think all the top sides get decisions in there favor & Wenger Benitez & Fergie are all as bad as each other, I also think things balance themselves out over a whole season & the best team will win :thumbsup:

karaokecolin;4030838

I thought this would bring a few of the 'man U bandwagoners' out of the … I thought this would bring a few of the 'man U bandwagoners' out of the woodwork.Your point would be valid if Chelsea were the 2nd best team in Europe.And if you beat them in emphatic fashion.The actual discussion here was Benitez/fergy issue - and as yet, no Man utd 'Fan', spokesman or even the great man himself has really given a satisfactory response other than the old 'won't lower himself' chestnut or 'see what happens in May' or 'we will answer at Anfield'How did the song go ? - Boring , boring Man Utd?:w00t:

Firstly Chelsea finished second in the European Cup and Premiership (best league in Europe, proved by the number of English clubs that reached the quarter finals of EC last year) in 07/08 therefore they are by virtue of these results the 2nd best team in Europe. If you have any facts to prove otherwise id be glad to hear them, but seeing as though you thought the result was 5-0 to liverpool and not 5-1 then your facts dont seem to be researched much.
    Secondly did you watch the game today?? Clearly not if you dont think it was an emphatic performance, seeing as though we restricted them to NO SHOTS ON TARGET in the whole game. Chelsea have been in amazing form on their travels this season so to beat them 3-0 was as EMPHATIC as you are going to get!!
    Finally, the 'we will answer at anfield" comment again shows your lack of footballing knowledge as we have already played that fixture this season, so it should read "we will answer at old trafford". Also the song goes "boring, boring Arsenal" , not that id expect you to know that....:thumbsup:

"Also didn't a team lose to Derby last week?"

At this point, many 'Man U fans' wince.

'we will answer at anfield"

Typo/attention error=

I can only be bothered paying half attention to this argument & all the 'Man Utd Fans' getting as wound up as their manager does when he's still not winning after 94 minutes.

karaokecolin;4031009

"Also didn't a team lose to Derby last week?"At this point, many 'Man U … "Also didn't a team lose to Derby last week?"At this point, many 'Man U fans' wince.

at this point man u fans smile :-D 9 changes from the team who played today, plus i would love to wager that we still reach the final :thumbsup:

Cantona_7;4031063

at this point man u fans smile :-D9 changes from the team who played … at this point man u fans smile :-D9 changes from the team who played today, plus i would love to wager that we still reach the final :thumbsup:

I hate it when 'fans' say this. It's still the same bloody club!

t0mm;4031087

As i said, boring, boring Man Utd.

t0mm;4031087

same club, but different priorities!! Why do you think Arsenal have a point of playing all their youngsters in this competition, its because it is not their main priority. You really think that the best teams would play the same players in the carling cup than they would in the champions league knockout stages?! You obviously dont understand how football clubs have different priorities with regards to different competitions. Which is better for your reputation and financially more viable, winning the Carling Cup or the European Cup....:thumbsup:

karaokecolin;4031148

As i said, boring, boring Man Utd.

Aye, we've played dire for this whole season so far sack our manager, and beat Man City 3-0. We're still the same old dire team.

ha ha ha!!

ur just all a bunch of united haters(biggest team in the world)

stop your whining and show us a bit of respect!!

we are the champions (uk, euro and the world) and dont u forget it!!!!!

"Which is better for your reputation and financially more viable, winning the Carling Cup or the European Cup...."

Going back to the original argument, especially where reputation is concerned, it all depends on how you go about winning it....

Cantona_7;4031173

same club, but different priorities!! Why do you think Arsenal have a … same club, but different priorities!! Why do you think Arsenal have a point of playing all their youngsters in this competition, its because it is not their main priority. You really think that the best teams would play the same players in the carling cup than they would in the champions league knockout stages?! You obviously dont understand how football clubs have different priorities with regards to different competitions. Which is better for your reputation and financially more viable, winning the Carling Cup or the European Cup....:thumbsup:

Since when was I on about cups? Or bringing in information on what is better financially. Yes I do know about priorities. Which is why, because they beat you last week in the second leg you will play your full first team. Where will the 'priorities' be then?

I was on about Derby, a Championship side who have recorded the worst premiership run in history, beating a team which are 'The best team in the world'.

75kateb;4031216

ha ha ha!!ur just all a bunch of united haters(biggest team in the … ha ha ha!!ur just all a bunch of united haters(biggest team in the world)stop your whining and show us a bit of respect!!we are the champions (uk, euro and the world) and dont u forget it!!!!!

Who lost to Derby :lol:

So good watching that match today. Giggsy was playing like he was 20 years old again. 5 points off the top with 2 games in hand. Looking good;-)

Had to turn the match off as son as it went to the post match discussion, didn't want to listen to Jamie Carragher and what he had to say.

Dont even think Drogba got a shot on target all game, was very funny when he scuffed that shot and the ball went straight past him. :-D

t0mm;4031234

Since when was I on about cups? Or bringing in information on what is … Since when was I on about cups? Or bringing in information on what is better financially. Yes I do know about priorities. Which is why, because they beat you last week in the second leg you will play your full first team. Where will the 'priorities' be then?I was on about Derby, a Championship side who have recorded the worst premiership run in history, beating a team which are 'The best team in the world'.

just for the record, we will not play our full first team against them, Sir Alex clearly said he will stick with the youngsters. Im sure there will be one or more senior players in the team but it will be far from our strongest 11!! Derby played very well, good luck to them if they come to OT and do the business again, as i said its not really that high on our agenda, we would have rather lost 10-0 to Derby and won today :thumbsup:

Cantona_7;4031280

just for the record, we will not play our full first team against them, … just for the record, we will not play our full first team against them, Sir Alex clearly said he will stick with the youngsters. Im sure there will be one or more senior players in the team but it will be far from our strongest 11!! Derby played very well, good luck to them if they come to OT and do the business again, as i said its not really that high on our agenda, we would have rather lost 10-0 to Derby and won today :thumbsup:

Until the day comes :lol:

Remember, business is business, and they will obviously want to be in the final.

t0mm;4031250

Who lost to Derby :lol:

Who cares? Theres two legs to the Carling cup anyway.

Another reason why nobody is bothered is because its become a farse as hardly any of the top teams put too much effort into winning the damn thing.

who do you support t0mm? Are they still in the Carling Cup?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891111
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2950
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24103
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?24106

See more discussions