Groups
    EXPIRED

Berni Inn Steakhouses....

Following the rip roaring success of the Dixies fried chicken thread, I thought I'd follow up with a request for some info on an old family favourite......

Are there any Berni Inns still operating and if so, do they still have the same old 1970's inspired menus ?

Thanks in advance.....

7 Comments

Are the World Wide Wait search engines broken again?

Any of the original venues are now branded as Beefeater or Brewers Fayre restaurants.

Original Poster

You spoil all my fun.

Damn you FP !! X)

That evokes fond memories ,sauntering into a Berni Inn with the great smell of Brut complementing your Hepworths made to measure suit ,worn with a tasteful cravat (whatever happened to them ?) . The Lucky lass on your arm thought she was in for the biggest posh treat ever - Prawn Cocktail , Steak ,Chips and onion rings - and who knows what for dessert oO . Those were the days before smartphones ruined romance - nostalgia

The local Berni Inn was almost compulsory for birthday treats, back in the day.
    I do remember seeing Rogparki there though and I still love prawn cocktails.
    Edited by: "Pandamansays" 13th Dec 2014

And how about the schooner of sherry?

Original Poster

annec4

And how about the schooner of sherry?

My local Berni was called the Schooner !!

Del Boy used to take all his girlfriends out for "A Steak Meal " at the Berni inn lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1421
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2471
      3. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767385

See more discussions