Groups

Best

4 Comments

I have used tomtom wth mixed results. Took it down to Roscommon and it was fine but got me really lost on the way back to Belfast

Hi, am Irish living in UK and whenever we go home, (most recent trip: 3 wks ago) we nowuse tomtom go 510,used to use a navman, terrible reception, but tomtom gets us all the way to rural kerry without a prob, may need a little updating in time for our xmas trip as roads outside dublin keep changing.

I've used a few sat navs in Ireland (Navman ICN 330, Hertz's Neverlost) and they were all very poor. Things aren't so bad in Dublin, but once you leave the city its difficult as the maps are usually out of date and roads are refered to as "The NAAS road" but appear by the proper road number (e.g. R123) on a satnav.

After spending many years now driving around Ireland the best advice is follow your nose.

Diodorus-siculus

By the way, which TomTom is that? I've the OneXL Europe and it was … By the way, which TomTom is that? I've the OneXL Europe and it was excellent in France, Spain, Belgium and Holland but I've never taken it over to Ireland.____________________Cheers, Dio :thumbsup:

Is the Tomtom 1 UK & Ireland Maps.

The motorway from Newry to Dublin has been upgraded and isn't on it properly, no problems with getting a signal, but some of the roads are not correct.
    Hope this helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Salecharms.com is this a genuine pandora retailer?34
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??37
      3. Iphone 6 to which handset?711
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.914

See more discussions