Groups

Best 10inch + tablet with 2gb RAM ? Best bang for £ ?

Looking for a 10inch + tablet for magazines and videos.

What is the best value i can get for under £200?

Ideally Android.

Had a look but there does not seem to be much

14 Comments

What's wrong with ​LENOVO YOGA Tab 3 10" Tablet - Black, 16 GB 2gb version £149.99 @ PC World listed here

Original Poster

wayners

What's wrong with ​LENOVO YOGA Tab 3 10" Tablet - Black, 16 GB 2gb v … What's wrong with ​LENOVO YOGA Tab 3 10" Tablet - Black, 16 GB 2gb version £149.99 @ PC World listed here

Price has gone up and it is stuck on old android without upgrade path

Have a look on the Argos eBay page. I got my daughter a manufacture refurbished one of these for £119 and it flies.

Original Poster

craigstephens

Have a look on the Argos eBay page. I got my daughter a manufacture … Have a look on the Argos eBay page. I got my daughter a manufacture refurbished one of these for £119 and it flies.

This looks brilliant, thanks so much!

Can you update to Android 6.0?

£135 10.6" 1080p IPS Retina screen, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, Android 5.1 + W10, keyboard dock, reasonable 8bit x265/HEVC support, EU warehose (no import fees, reasonably speedy delivery) gearbest.com/tab…d=3 (where the trailing ?wid=3 signifies EU warehouse).

adamwilko007

Have a look on the Argos eBay page. I got my daughter a manufacture … Have a look on the Argos eBay page. I got my daughter a manufacture refurbished one of these for £119 and it flies.

craigstephens

This looks brilliant, thanks so much!Can you update to Android 6.0?

Uses the z3735f CPU so will not support x265 / HEVC video.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

£135 10.6" 1080p IPS Retina screen, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, Android 5.1 + … £135 10.6" 1080p IPS Retina screen, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, Android 5.1 + W10, keyboard dock, reasonable 8bit x265/HEVC support, EU warehose (no import fees, reasonably speedy delivery) http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_328162.html?wid=3 (where the trailing ?wid=3 signifies EU warehouse).

Thanks looks great!

Never used gearbeast not sure if to trust them?

if you go for win 10 the linx tab would be good shout..

Banned

Personally I would recommend this..
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…A07
    Yes it's a Chromebook but it runs android apps.
    No the keyboard does not detach.
    I've ordered one but it has not arrived yet.
    Tent mode should be great for movies/games.
    Hope this helps

Edited by: "JayLarkin" 9th Feb

adamwilko007

Thanks looks great!Never used gearbeast not sure if to trust them?

Seems peeps on HUKD either love or hate Gearbest. Most of any issues seem to be related to the Far-East supplied items due to to extended delivery timeframes, import fees and difficulties with support. Most of those issues are negated if the item is supplied via Gearbest EU warehouse but there will still be a possibility of language differences for any support requirement. In this instance of a single item over £100 if you pay Gearbest directly via a credit card you will be entitled to Section 75 protection where effectively the credit card issuer assumes joint liability for the goods' warranty / fit for purpose obligations. To clarify: S75 requires a direct payment to the merchant and via credit card, not debit card, and not via a 3rd-party such as PayPal. Alternatively you could pay via PayPal to benefit from whatever additional protection PayPal offers. Then there is Gearbest rep Alice who will pop up on any HUKD thread and offer to assist with any issue that threatens to otherwise lessen Gearbest credibility. Personally I have not experienced any unresolved issues with Gearbest and I have ordered a number of minimal to moderately-priced items.

adamwilko007

​Unfortunately not yet, but the A3-A40 will for a tenner more. That model doesn't get such good reviews though, mainly the screen people are moaning about

adamwilko007

craigstephens

​An Acer from Argos or a telecast(?) from gearbest? I know which is rather have.

craigstephens

​An Acer from Argos or a telecast(?) from gearbest? I know which is r … ​An Acer from Argos or a telecast(?) from gearbest? I know which is rather have.

Comes down to personal choice relative to the OPs requirement for best bang per buck for the intended use. If post-sales support is required for both purchases Argos will likely provide the better option but the Argos/Acer solution has hardware that is notably less capable than the suggested alternative which has a marginally higher price for significantly higher features+performance/cost ratio. Decisions, decisions...

ASUS ZenPad Z500M
    Bit pricier, but has 4gb of ram, stylus support, fingerprint scanner, loud speakers, decent display and quick charge.

Literally everything on this tablet fits your needs and more and around the price you want.

PC World

Edited by: "pman12" 12th Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are the free antivirus any good?22
      2. Currys Return11
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?78
      4. Looking for an iPhone deal22

See more discussions