Any advice on these 4 22inch monitors
    Got it down to ; LG 22LS4R £239
    SAMSUNG 225BW £225
    LG226WTQ£205
    PHILIPS 220WS8FS (14TH JULY ) £229
    Thanks

28 Comments

Hi CW.

Was just going to say, Keep an eye on the Dell deals that keep popping up when your wanting a base unit, There are some cracking deals recently like here

As for the monitors, I haven't got a clue, Sorry, LG Philips and Samsung are both good makes though.

Original Poster

Hi,
    Thanks- only problem is i don't like the cases !! and i do not want black under any circumstances . I had set my heart on silver with blue led .

Original Poster

bump up please

catwoman

Hi,Any advice on these 4 22inch monitorsGot it down to ; LG 22LS4R … Hi,Any advice on these 4 22inch monitorsGot it down to ; LG 22LS4R £239[COLOR="Red"]SAMSUNG 225BW £225[/COLOR]LG226WTQ£205PHILIPS 220WS8FS (14TH JULY ) £229Thanks

This one by far, I have the 226bw and I can confrim that it is by far the greatest monitor I have owned and i have had dell, illayma and lg. The colours and sharpness are secodn to none. Do you mean the 226bw though?

Original Poster

Yes, sorry -226bw

Original Poster

Thought i would get the monitor first now as i am still debating on building my own computer - all ones on ebay seem to have cheap motherboards and not much room for updating in the future !

Original Poster

bump please

I'm not being nasty, but wouldn't it have been better to just create one thread with all your questions?

Original Poster

I dont seem to get many replies -thats why i created another thread

Original Poster

bump -any more advice??

LG L226WTQ

The buyers on that thread seem to rate that quite high.

Original Poster

Ok - if i am keeping to one thread- do you think this is a good deal
    3.2 dual core processor
    ASUS P5VD-2 Motherboard
    1 gb ram
    160 gb hd
    256 nvidia seperate graphics card.
    Dvd writer
    x blade silver case
    3 year guarantee
    £310 delivered.
    Please let me know your thoughts asap.

Whats the graphics card?

Original Poster

Not sure ! just said it was not integrated at all .

Is it an ebay auction?

Original Poster

Its not -but he does sell on ebay -zoom computers .
    Also could have this one for another £10 (with 1gb ram and 160 hd) and its core 2 but not such a good motherboard ! item no 160137377764

That ebay one has the a E6600 processor which I believe is better than the first one.

Original Poster

Yes, the processor is better but not sure about the motherboard?

Its an Asus by the look of it, and its a Micro ATX so you wont be ablet o use SLI graphics cards in it, but apart from that I cant see what you personally lose by getting it.

Having said that they do say that pictures are for illustrative purposes only, so you may not get an Asus board.

Original Poster

What graphics card will it take ?
    Thanks

Original Poster

bump please -wanted to know what graphics card i can use please.

you dont need to bump your posts every hour....

Original Poster

Thats not an answer though- bump now then after 4 hours!!!!

Is the motherboard PCI-e or AGP?, Or is that what your trying to find out?

To sort of throw a spanner in the works, This monitor looks a great price : hotukdeals.com/for…792

The Samsung is by far the best of those.

Here is a link to a 48 page thread all about this monitor from overclockers.

forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho…111

I have just ordered this from Ebuyer:

ebuyer.com/cus…386

Identical specs to the Samsung and nearly £50 cheaper!!!

overclockers.co.uk/sho…l=3 Decent reviews and also you dont have the Panel lottery of the Samsung with the 3 different grades of panel.

Original Poster

Hi,
    Thanks everyone-went to look at samsung one today -was very impressed until the guy in PC world knocked a switch and couldn't get the pic back on and had to fetch someone (a female too -who sorted it out)
    Also have been considering the same lg one posted above from ebuyer. Thats a good point though about the panels -knowing my luck i would end up with the worst grade !
    Have to make a decision very soon !!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions