Best 24/48 hour courier service for sending a laptop with a value of £300?

Found 3rd May 2016
Just sold a laptop - and wondering which courier to use. £15 or less ideally with full insurance ideally

Many thanks

11 Comments

UPS are fantastic. Sent 30+ parcels with them last tax year. Not one problem. But getting full insurance for under £15 may be an issue.

Ipost? Myhermes? Collect plus? Parcelforce?

I use all of these for my online sales.

A lot of couriers will exclude laptops from their insurance.
Check any policy very carefully.

Hermes don't cover any electronics at all:

myhermes.co.uk/hel…tml

Your best bet is probably Royal Mail Special Delivery although if it goes over 2kg and into medium parcel size it gets very expensive. You're covered up to £500 and it's overnight delivery. Check the sizes of the parcels and for something up to 2kg it's only £11, stray over that magic figure and the price jumps to £26.60

royalmail.com/sit…pdf

Banned

parcelforce

parcel2go.com is a good service to check postal services side by side, I do a lot of sales on ebay and these days price seems to be more of an issue than ever, so compare prices, companies and even their rules can be checked, a great website that I can fully recommend.

Original Poster

I think I'm going to do the Parcelforce option. £12.99 for 24 hour service (via EBay courier) and upto 20KG. It'll mean I can use a v.big box, with loads of packaging inside - with the laptop box itself in the middle. The laptop is a business orientated one - and is built pretty tough.
Such a shame Special Delivery has become so expensive!

wenttoabetterplace

I think I'm going to do the Parcelforce option. £12.99 for 24 hour … I think I'm going to do the Parcelforce option. £12.99 for 24 hour service (via EBay courier) and upto 20KG. It'll mean I can use a v.big box, with loads of packaging inside - with the laptop box itself in the middle. The laptop is a business orientated one - and is built pretty tough.Such a shame Special Delivery has become so expensive!

As long as you are certain it won't get damaged in transit Not covered for damage.

OP I've sent you a PM for a £10 discount for sending by ParcelForce.

I believe collect+ covers electronics? Think if you pay £5 on top it covers you for up to £300.

collectplus.co.uk/faq…659

Original Poster

wenttoabetterplace

I think I'm going to do the Parcelforce option. £12.99 for 24 hour … I think I'm going to do the Parcelforce option. £12.99 for 24 hour service (via EBay courier) and upto 20KG. It'll mean I can use a v.big box, with loads of packaging inside - with the laptop box itself in the middle. The laptop is a business orientated one - and is built pretty tough.Such a shame Special Delivery has become so expensive!

DistortedVision

OP I've sent you a PM for a £10 discount for sending by ParcelForce.

The exterior box is 3x the volume of the laptop box. Add in all the extra padding, and I reckon it is all but certain to be safe in transit.

Also, the worst that could happen is a broken screen - and they are cheap/easy to replace. But I very much doubt that'd happen anyway.

Thanks for that. Signed up. Booked. £3.19 for a Parcelforce parcel, collected from my home
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants