Best 2GB SD card for Kidizoom camera

7 replies
Found 11th Apr 2009
Just bought my son one of these cameras for his birthday and I want to get him an SD card for it. I'm rubbish with stuff like that. It states that versions 1.0 and 1.1 are compatible (not sure if this is important)

Thanks

Jinxie

7 Comments

Never heard of 1.0 & 1.1.

Can you write exactly what it states?
Any SD card 2GB and under should do.

Original Poster

thesaint;4893478

Never heard of 1.0 & 1.1.Can you write exactly what it states?Any SD card … Never heard of 1.0 & 1.1.Can you write exactly what it states?Any SD card 2GB and under should do.

Yeah sure.

The Kidizoom works best with SD cards (versions 1.0 and 1.1) 2GB and lower (mini and micro SD cards could likewise be compatible, but only with a physical adaptor) It can also support MMC cards earlier than version 4.0. Unfortunatly it does not support memory cards with very high rates of data transmission. This includes the latest generation MMC's and any SDHC cards.

Banned

Just bought my son one of these cameras for his birthday and I want to … Just bought my son one of these cameras for his birthday and I want to get him an SD card for it. I'm rubbish with stuff like that. It states that versions 1.0 and 1.1 are compatible (not sure if this is important)

You are confused with its USB compatability. Either that, or they have given you poor instruction.

Try to buy a faster SD card. This will help making the camera ready for its next shot quicker and also make acces to viewing the photos stored quicker.

My daughter got one of these for Xmas and she's fine without an SD card to be honest as it can take loads of photos and videos before it runs out, I usually then delete the "pants" ones when she's gone to bed and she's none the wiser, giving her some more spare room the next day.

Banned

jinxie;4893511

Yeah sure.The Kidizoom works best with SD cards (versions 1.0 and 1.1) … Yeah sure.The Kidizoom works best with SD cards (versions 1.0 and 1.1) 2GB and lower (mini and micro SD cards could likewise be compatible, but only with a physical adaptor) It can also support MMC cards earlier than version 4.0. Unfortunatly it does not support memory cards with very high rates of data transmission. This includes the latest generation MMC's and any SDHC cards.

Looking at the manual, there is no mention of the above. It says:

]Kidizoom® supports up to a 2GB Secure Digital (SD) memory card (not included) for memory expansion.

Just click on the link to download the pdf manual. Says it takes up to 200 photos with the 12MB of memory available - without any memory card installed. That image size quality is very poor though (at 640 x 480) - always use the maximum settings.

i would have thought something like this would be fine. People, please correct me if I'm wrong...

7dayshop.com/cat…488

Banned

Niafromwales;4893605

i would have thought something like this would be fine. People, please … i would have thought something like this would be fine. People, please correct me if I'm wrong...http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=104488

That would work fine, though the card itself probably has slow read and write. Better to pay another quid and ]get something like this.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56552
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions