Best 3 series coupe 06-13 shape for £10-12k

Found 9th Nov 2017
Hi guys.

I am looking at upgrading to a 3 series coupe and was debating between a few models.

Has anyone of here had any experience with them?

320d - Tried it was quick however didn't sound too great.

Wanting it to cover approx 12k motorway miles.

Am debating between whether a petrol or a diesel would be better.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
330D or 335D is the way to go, bullet proof and powerful engine and 50mpg. Missus has a low mileage convertible on 2009 plate if interested, you do lose a bit of boot space mind. I have a 535D twin turbo as I like the extra power, mine is an 05 though.
Original Poster
qwales17 m ago

330D or 335D is the way to go, bullet proof and powerful engine and 50mpg. …330D or 335D is the way to go, bullet proof and powerful engine and 50mpg. Missus has a low mileage convertible on 2009 plate if interested, you do lose a bit of boot space mind. I have a 535D twin turbo as I like the extra power, mine is an 05 though.

Hi would you still prefer the d models over the 330i or the 335i?

I am looking at getting rid of my current car in the next few weeks will then look at buying the 3 series.

For your 535d when do you notice the power drop off?

Currently I get 38 mpg on the motorway + town combined.
Edited by: "hasnainthehotdeal" 9th Nov 2017
hasnainthehotdeal2 m ago

Hi would you still prefer the d models over the 330i or the 335i?I am …Hi would you still prefer the d models over the 330i or the 335i?I am looking at getting rid of my current car in the next few weeks will then look at buying the 3 series.For your 535d when do you notice the power drop off?

When you hit a wall. Assuming you get an Auto. You’d ride the wall of torque until the engine broke or crash.
Original Poster
Oneday771 m ago

When you hit a wall. Assuming you get an Auto. You’d ride the wall of t …When you hit a wall. Assuming you get an Auto. You’d ride the wall of torque until the engine broke or crash.

Wow did not realise them engines were that powerful.
hasnainthehotdeal28 m ago

Wow did not realise them engines were that powerful.

If you managed to run out of power in a family sized car. With an auto box and the equivalent of a V8 then you’d be better off the road
Edited by: "Oneday77" 9th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Am wondering though if there is much in it difference between a 325d and a 330d/335d in real world usage.
Edited by: "hasnainthehotdeal" 9th Nov 2017
hasnainthehotdeal2 h, 35 m ago

Am wondering though if there is much in it difference between a 325d and a …Am wondering though if there is much in it difference between a 325d and a 330d/335d in real world usage.

325 and 330d use the same engine and are very similar in performance up to 2010 when the 330d got a boost in power (to about the 335d with better efficiency/co2 (similar to 325d). So 2010+ 330d is the one to go for in my opinion.
hasnainthehotdeal21 h, 34 m ago

Hi would you still prefer the d models over the 330i or the 335i?I am …Hi would you still prefer the d models over the 330i or the 335i?I am looking at getting rid of my current car in the next few weeks will then look at buying the 3 series.For your 535d when do you notice the power drop off?Currently I get 38 mpg on the motorway + town combined.

The only power drop off is when you put your foot to the floor, you get a half second turbo delay, after that it's all guns blazing until you run out of road :-)

Should mention that there is a big difference between town and motorway driving on the fuel consumption
Edited by: "qwales" 10th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants