Groups

Best 32" LCD tv for upto £800

I was just wondering what the best 32" or 37" television you can buy for upto £800 , i would perfer it to be 1080P if possible.

I

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

12 Comments

Banned

Best bet is to purchase latest What TV & Video mag or go to

avforums.com/for…155

Original Poster

Thanks cisman just checked your link seems like a good site, thanks

I have a Samsung M series and its great! You can get the 40" for around £700 and it's 1080p. Only thing is the sound isn't brilliant so would also recomend a 2.1 or 5.1 surround sound system with it. I got a matching Samsung 2.1 system with upscaling DVD player for £150 so not too far off your budget in total. They look stunning together.

The 32" M series is available around the £500 mark.
    The 37" M is about in dixons at £659 but with code "AW20" you get it down to £639

If you can stretch to it the new F series is basically the same but is a 100hz tv so gives better picture with Standard Def inputs. It is available in 40" or bigger but will cost you a cool £999!

Decisions, decisions!

Original Poster

thanks for the advice bigwill , after looking at different ones , i think i would like to see what ambilight has to offer.
    Was looking at this one :

dixons.co.uk/pro…gle

Banned

Thought your budget was £800?

review seems generally favourable:-

hdtvtest.co.uk/Phi…32D

Original Poster

It was until i saw the philips one with the light lol , like the idea of it , just hope the i like the light and dont bug me as im quite fussy lol.

They have a cheaper 32" one but its 1080I and i have a Panasonic 1080i one and it does not look as good as ones ive seen in shops displayed so i was thinking it must because its only 1080i

A aggree, AVFORUM is BEST for TV advise.
    Good guys there

probably gonna blow ur budget but richer sounds are doing a philips 50" "ambilight" plasma for £999, sign up for the VIP emails n u should get offered one!! kicking myself for buying a 50" plasma last year now adore the ambilight thing

Banned

maddogb;1717546

probably gonna blow ur budget but richer sounds are doing a philips 50" … probably gonna blow ur budget but richer sounds are doing a philips 50" "ambilight" plasma for £999, sign up for the VIP emails n u should get offered one!! kicking myself for buying a 50" plasma last year now adore the ambilight thing

WoW!

that is a great deal. I like the idea of ambilight too as long as i dont have to redecorate the wall as well :thumbsup:

csiman;1718184

WoW!that is a great deal. I like the idea of ambilight too as long as i … WoW!that is a great deal. I like the idea of ambilight too as long as i dont have to redecorate the wall as well :thumbsup:

Depends on the "stains" there lol

Original Poster

maddogb;1717546

probably gonna blow ur budget but richer sounds are doing a philips 50" … probably gonna blow ur budget but richer sounds are doing a philips 50" "ambilight" plasma for £999, sign up for the VIP emails n u should get offered one!! kicking myself for buying a 50" plasma last year now adore the ambilight thing

Thanks for that 50" is way to big for my needs , my home is only tiny so 50" would be a bit ott for me lol...
    Just been reading about philps LCDs and they say they are going to make 3D television to come out later in year ....not sure how that would go down though

A-n-d-y;1719746

Thanks for that 50" is way to big for my needs , my home is only tiny so … Thanks for that 50" is way to big for my needs , my home is only tiny so 50" would be a bit ott for me lol...Just been reading about philps LCDs and they say they are going to make 3D television to come out later in year ....not sure how that would go down though

omg man,, just use it as a wall and sit in the hallway its ambilight fgs, i would lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764403
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1939
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO712
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1011

See more discussions