Best 40 inch TV for £300

Edited by:"stuartw"Found 21st Sep 2017
Hi
My friend is asking me, I have no idea of TV's sub £300, so over to you.

She wants no larger than 40 inches, smart tv, good screen, nice looking

Thanks
(editing the typing mistakes)

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Do you mean £300 hisense seem to get good reviews of budget tvs but i dont have one personally

123batman3212 h, 18 m ago

Do you mean £300 hisense seem to get good reviews of budget tvs but i dont …Do you mean £300 hisense seem to get good reviews of budget tvs but i dont have one personally

It's more their mid-range TVs that get good reviews, but even Hisense's unreviewed budget models like the N5300 start at £350.

sub-£300 isn't much for a 40" TV at this time of year and I think her expectations are unrealistic. I don't think any of the TV manufacturers that put their badge on the front have models that cheap, it's all all budget stuff with made-up or recycled brands like Toshiba, Hitatchi, Blaupunkt and JVC.

At that sort of price the only sensible criteria is something that's not terrible. Something like this Vestel looks reasonable but it's always difficult to tell:
finlux.co.uk/tv-…b-p

Original Poster

Cheers, I agree
She sent me this
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
JVC LT-40C860 Smart 4k Ultra HD 40" LED TV at £299

However i thought maybe this Hisense H43N5300 43 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV at £349

hotukdeals.com/dea…459

I'd be inclined to go for Full HD rather than 4K. The scaling on 4K TVs for normal broadcast SD channels tends to be pretty dire.

If you don’t care about 4K or 3D, which you shouldn’t, then you’ll easily be able to get an LG or a Samsung for 300 at 40”. Samsung is always better if you have a choice.

kashmemon4 h, 52 m ago

If you don’t care about 4K or 3D, which you shouldn’t, then you’ll easily b …If you don’t care about 4K or 3D, which you shouldn’t, then you’ll easily be able to get an LG or a Samsung for 300 at 40”. Samsung is always better if you have a choice.

Genuine question as I'm looking for my mother too...where can you find a 40inch lg or Samsung smart TV for £300? I found an LG smart TV (43inch) at Tesco for £350 using a code but that's the cheapest I can find!

ScampiLamp10 h, 35 m ago

Genuine question as I'm looking for my mother too...where can you find a …Genuine question as I'm looking for my mother too...where can you find a 40inch lg or Samsung smart TV for £300? I found an LG smart TV (43inch) at Tesco for £350 using a code but that's the cheapest I can find!

Ah, my mistake. It’s £400 that you can easily find them at. Not £300. That’ll teach me for posting without a reference.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions