best 42 inch tv, help please.

12 replies
Found 2nd Jan 2009
Hi all im looking to buy a tv today, im preferably looking for a 40' or 42' around the mid price range, and i am just wondering wether it is firstly best to go for plasma or lcd? and does anyone know of any good deals that i can collect from a store, as to not have to buy one over the internet?

1. Misc
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
12 Comments

Get a 42 inch panny plasma, best around at the moment :thumbsup:

Original Poster

How much would i be looking for one of these?

hotukdeals.com/ite…di/
Out of stock online,worth popping into or calling store first, or try to get richersounds to pricematch

I think (could be wrong) that the price per inch makes LCD a better option at 40".

Sony 40v4000 is going for really low prices at various supermarkets and shops. Any TV you get will need to have the settings altered using recommended (AVforums) ones or the picture will look pants.

Original Poster

ok thanks, iv found this from comet. good deal/tv or not? comet.co.uk/sho…ct1

ddturner1986;3923274

ok thanks, iv found this from comet. good deal/tv or not? … ok thanks, iv found this from comet. good deal/tv or not? http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/513660/TOSHIBA-40XV551D?cm_re=homepage-_-tab2-_-product1

I have two lcd's 32's and for gaming the picture isn't that great tbh.
Was looking at that Panasonic 42 plasma in Costco and the picture was out of this world compared to all the other tv's in the shop. :thumbsup:
Will be the TV that I buy in a few months time thats for sure.

Original Poster

ok i think im going to go with the 42 ' panasonic, thanks for your advice, repped! do you know how much a wall bracket for one of these would cost?

42" panasonic, cant go wrong mine is a replacement for a lg that went wrong twice,cant fault it for pic quality and sound...

esq3585;3923315

I have two lcd's 32's and for gaming the picture isn't that great tbh.Was … I have two lcd's 32's and for gaming the picture isn't that great tbh.Was looking at that Panasonic 42 plasma in Costco and the picture was out of this world compared to all the other tv's in the shop. :thumbsup:Will be the TV that I buy in a few months time thats for sure.

How much was the plasma in Costco?

thisismark;3923720

How much was the plasma in Costco?

Was 505.99 with 5 year guarantee.
This was the older TH-42PX8B version though not the 80. :thumbsup:
Think that offer has ended now though

ddturner1986;3923463

ok i think im going to go with the 42 ' panasonic, thanks for your … ok i think im going to go with the 42 ' panasonic, thanks for your advice, repped! do you know how much a wall bracket for one of these would cost?

Check here

hotukdeals.com/ite…ma/

For picture quality the Pioneer plasma's are the best on the market 42 8 gen set you back about £1200 google it. pdp-lx5080 not 1080p though, 9th gen needed, bit pricier.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769410
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3283
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807

See more discussions