Expired

Best 43-48 inch TV?

Found 25th Nov 2017
Looking for a new TV! Don’t know where to start... want something between 43-48inch?

Smart would be helpful but I don’t know too much else about specs, so advice would be helpful!

Best tv for cheapest price essentially...

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Hi, this one looks good for the money....

£399. Reduced by £359.

Sony Bravia KDL49WE753 (49-Inch) Premium Full HD HDR TV (X-Reality PRO, Triluminos Display) - Black (2017 Model)

Amazon
Edited by: "batezy_1984" 25th Nov 2017

Original Poster

batezy_198410 m ago

Hi, this one looks good for the money....£399. Reduced by £359. Sony B …Hi, this one looks good for the money....£399. Reduced by £359. Sony Bravia KDL49WE753 (49-Inch) Premium Full HD HDR TV (X-Reality PRO, Triluminos Display) - Black (2017 Model) Amazon

Thank you, looks like a good price, I’ll check it out

On the 'Very' site, the Luxor 48" smart tv, For £299 looks good value for the money. I hope so as I've just bought one!!

Original Poster

mrty4 m ago

On the 'Very' site, the Luxor 48" smart tv, For £299 looks good value for …On the 'Very' site, the Luxor 48" smart tv, For £299 looks good value for the money. I hope so as I've just bought one!!

Thanks is Luxor a good brand?

pinkchick19871 h, 0 m ago

I checked out the reviews, some great and some bad. I think it's the same anywhere and with any manufacturer. I read many reviews but am of the opinion that if you read the reviews and believe them you will never buy anything - apparently it's big business to write bad reviews for someone's competitors. Who do you trust?
I'm going to plug it in, check out the picture and sound (bearing in mind that most tv's are shipped with the sound set up for showrooms - panasonic has a setting for this, other manufacturers turn the bass down and tenor up) and if there's any issues send it back. If not then keep it.
Here is one review, but for the manufacturer not the tv I bought. Luxor

Apparently they are an established company that was sold to Vestel who manufacture more than a quarter of the European market sales of tvs. Other brands they make.. digihome , Finlux, Electra, Maxwell, Servis, Sharp and Acoustic Solutions. Quite a pedigree.
This is why I decided to try them.
Edited by: "mrty" 25th Nov 2017

Original Poster

mrty15 m ago

I checked out the reviews, some great and some bad. I think it's the same …I checked out the reviews, some great and some bad. I think it's the same anywhere and with any manufacturer. I read many reviews but am of the opinion that if you read the reviews and believe them you will never buy anything - apparently it's big business to write bad reviews for someone's competitors. Who do you trust? I'm going to plug it in, check out the picture and sound (bearing in mind that most tv's are shipped with the sound set up for showrooms - panasonic has a setting for this, other manufacturers turn the bass down and tenor up) and if there's any issues send it back. If not then keep it. Here is one review, but for the manufacturer not the tv I bought. LuxorApparently they are an established company that was sold to Vestel who manufacture more than a quarter of the European market sales of tvs. Other brands they make.. digihome , Finlux, Electra, Maxwell, Servis, Sharp and Acoustic Solutions. Quite a pedigree.This is why I decided to try them.

Thank you, that’s helpful. I’ll discuss with the other half this evening and make a decision!

You're welcome. Just explaining in full how I reached my decision. I hate wasting money..lol.
Edited by: "mrty" 25th Nov 2017

pinkchick19871 h, 23 m ago

It's one of the badges owned by Vestel who make the majority of budget TVs - either themselves or for other people. Toshiba, Hitatchi, JVC, Finlux and so on are all Vestel TVs.

Unfortunately due to this business model it's hard to know which models are better than others.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions