Best 4K tv for gaming

Posted 22nd Oct
Hi guys, so recently my tv broke. They want £300 to fix it, it’s old 3D tv so instead I want to buy a brand new 4K tv that’s good for gaming recommendations are welcome my budget is 1,000 preferable 55” or 65” that you can mount on the wall thanks in advance appreciate it
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
a BIG one
Ive ordered the LG 55 OLED from Very at 1299£ with 20% back offer ...
The LG OLEDs are coming in well under 1500 this year maybe 1000 by BF
In HDR games and movies they look great and despite the hype for 4K gaming 1080 looks great too - esp if it lets you run 60fps Ultra as panning on lower framerate can be juddery on OLED.
jwsg22/10/2019 15:31

The LG OLEDs are coming in well under 1500 this year maybe 1000 by BFIn …The LG OLEDs are coming in well under 1500 this year maybe 1000 by BFIn HDR games and movies they look great and despite the hype for 4K gaming 1080 looks great too - esp if it lets you run 60fps Ultra as panning on lower framerate can be juddery on OLED.

B9 potentially not C9
I’ve been looking at the LG 55SM9010PLA It has the HDMI 2.1

The LG OLEDs are coming in well under 1500 this year maybe 1000 by BFIn …The LG OLEDs are coming in well under 1500 this year maybe 1000 by BFIn HDR games and movies they look great and despite the hype for 4K gaming 1080 looks great too - esp if it lets you run 60fps Ultra as panning on lower framerate can be juddery on OLED.

I’ve read though that the OLED TVs burn out pretty quickly gaming on them, the LG website recommended the nano cell ones for gaming as they are specific designed plus some models have the new HDMI 2.1 which is roughly 15.1ms input lag and a mode which allows with the new HDMI and allm
ispeakjerseyshore22/10/2019 23:16

I’ve read though that the OLED TVs burn out pretty quickly gaming on them, …I’ve read though that the OLED TVs burn out pretty quickly gaming on them, the LG website recommended the nano cell ones for gaming as they are specific designed plus some models have the new HDMI 2.1 which is roughly 15.1ms input lag and a mode which allows with the new HDMI and allm

Some possible miss-understandings

OLEDs dont "burn out" because of gaming

If you have the same image - like watching the same channel all day which has a particular banner along the bottom for instance - then after some period people report signs of image retention on the OLED. Just watch mixed content - game images change but watch out for a HUD if you play the same game only

All recent LG OLEDs have low input lag in Game Mode - this is related to the processing not that they have HDMI 2.1 - which they do in 2019 models.
ALLM will flip the TV mode to Game Mode when it detects a console - maybe not with a PC GPU though
HDMI 2,1 will be useful for some things - but no GPU does HDMI 2,1 yet
Edited by: "jwsg" 23rd Oct
Okay, thanks so which television would you recommend I purchase?im not very knowledgeable when it comes to TVs and specifications
ispeakjerseyshore24/10/2019 10:09

Okay, thanks so which television would you recommend I purchase?im not …Okay, thanks so which television would you recommend I purchase?im not very knowledgeable when it comes to TVs and specifications

I previously posted this

Got it a year ago black friday. Still great.

43 inch Samsung 4k tv with low input lag around 15ms conpared to other tvs.

I don't know how the market has changed over the past year but these sbould be cheap on ebay etc as older model!

hotukdeals.com/dea…914
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants