Best 4k tv's for gaming

Found 22nd Oct 2017
Hey was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for offers on decent 4k sets knocking about at the moment.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
You forgot to mention whats your budget pal.
I did some research and in the £1000 bracket the best one and the only one with the true hdr10+ and 100hz refresh rate + really low input lag is the one I'm going to buy. Ue55mu7000

Just waiting till 1st November as shops offers 28days price promise and the price will probably drop during the black friday event
mike28uk11 h, 16 m ago

You forgot to mention whats your budget pal.I did some research and in the …You forgot to mention whats your budget pal.I did some research and in the £1000 bracket the best one and the only one with the true hdr10+ and 100hz refresh rate + really low input lag is the one I'm going to buy. Ue55mu7000

It doesn't make any sense to talk about 'true HDR10'. There's nothing on the market that can show the full range of HDR10, or even the DCI-P3 & 4000cd/m² partial range that's being used with current content. With HDR you need to be asking 'how much' instead of 'yes or no'.

The relevant information for the MU7000 is that it has 8-10 bottom lit vertical columns for it's local dimming system and just about enough of an expanded colour spectrum to be called wide gamut (75% normalised DCI-P3 coverage according to rtings).

To translate that, it means it won't be able to expand the on-screen brightness range much as it'll be limited to relatively large, bright vertical elements (skyscraper at night, rocket exhaust plume) if it's not to produce unwanted brightness increases in darker areas. For comparison a top of the range HDR TV has several hundred rectancular dimming zones arranged in multiple rows and columns which mean you can brighten smaller areas much more effectively.

I find colour gamut harder to visualise, but comparing measurements of it to other TVs at that price like the XE85 shows the MU7000 at a disadvantage. On the other hand the XE85 doesn't have a local dimming system.

The best value TVs for HDR right now are around £1600. Models like the Sony XE93, LG B7/C7 in 55" and XE90 and PUS7601 in 65". If HDR is high on your priority list that's where to go.

To me the £1k TVs like the MU7000/MU8000, EX750 and XE85 seem like they're stuck in the middle at the moment, with no strong selling point. The sweet spots seem to be £500-600 and £1500-1600
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 23rd Oct 2017
EndlessWaves2 h, 15 m ago

It doesn't make any sense to talk about 'true HDR10'. There's nothing on …It doesn't make any sense to talk about 'true HDR10'. There's nothing on the market that can show the full range of HDR10, or even the DCI-P3 & 4000cd/m² partial range that's being used with current content. With HDR you need to be asking 'how much' instead of 'yes or no'.The relevant information for the MU7000 is that it has 8-10 bottom lit vertical columns for it's local dimming system and just about enough of an expanded colour spectrum to be called wide gamut (75% normalised DCI-P3 coverage according to rtings).To translate that, it means it won't be able to expand the on-screen brightness range much as it'll be limited to relatively large, bright vertical elements (skyscraper at night, rocket exhaust plume) if it's not to produce unwanted brightness increases in darker areas. For comparison a top of the range HDR TV has several hundred rectancular dimming zones arranged in multiple rows and columns which mean you can brighten smaller areas much more effectively. I find colour gamut harder to visualise, but comparing measurements of it to other TVs at that price like the XE85 shows the MU7000 at a disadvantage. On the other hand the XE85 doesn't have a local dimming system.The best value TVs for HDR right now are around £1600. Models like the Sony XE93, LG B7/C7 in 55" and XE90 and PUS7601 in 65". If HDR is high on your priority list that's where to go.To me the £1k TVs like the MU7000/MU8000, EX750 and XE85 seem like they're stuck in the middle at the moment, with no strong selling point. The sweet spots seem to be £500-600 and £1500-1600

Thank you for your time. Tonce be honest it's quite interesting what you've just said and I can't say I disagree with you because you're right. But.. what tellys in the price range £500-600 are worth the money right now?
Thank you guys for your input it's given me an idea on what to look for.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants