Best 5" mobile phone

Posted 4th Feb
I am looking for a decent mobile 5" or below, with decent camera and led notifications. Apart from Apple iphone 7 is there anything else available at £160.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
39833883-CKBwG.jpg
A used Google Pixel 2 is a good choice with a fantastic camera, but battery life could be poor since it's quite old now. There's 14% off several eBay sellers right now with code PAMPER14:

VGC for £116: ebay.co.uk/itm…111

GC for £86: ebay.co.uk/itm…269
m3racer12304/02/2020 14:53

A used Google Pixel 2 is a good choice with a fantastic camera, but …A used Google Pixel 2 is a good choice with a fantastic camera, but battery life could be poor since it's quite old now. There's 14% off several eBay sellers right now with code PAMPER14:VGC for £116: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293113040111GC for £86: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392059382269

thanks I will have a look.
Also the Samsung Galaxy S9 is a very similar size to the Pixel 2 despite having a larger screen: hotukdeals.com/dea…085
Keep in mind. The newer bezel-less 6" inch ish screens will be smaller than many other 2 year old phones with 5" screens.
There are hardly any decent phones with a 5" screen manufactured now.
The screens have got bigger but that doesnt mean the phone has got bigger
As you can see with example above i.e pixel 2, have huge lip at top and bottom very old in style, better to have that wasted space as a screen
Sandy101205/02/2020 09:57

Keep in mind. The newer bezel-less 6" inch ish screens will be smaller …Keep in mind. The newer bezel-less 6" inch ish screens will be smaller than many other 2 year old phones with 5" screens.There are hardly any decent phones with a 5" screen manufactured now. The screens have got bigger but that doesnt mean the phone has got biggerAs you can see with example above i.e pixel 2, have huge lip at top and bottom very old in style, better to have that wasted space as a screen

thanks for the feedback, the thing is my wife wants a similar size phone to the iphone. I think that is about 134mm. The other phone is the experia XZ2 compact. I lot of the newer phones are around 145-150mm
hackerace05/02/2020 11:35

thanks for the feedback, the thing is my wife wants a similar size phone …thanks for the feedback, the thing is my wife wants a similar size phone to the iphone. I think that is about 134mm. The other phone is the experia XZ2 compact. I lot of the newer phones are around 145-150mm

Put simply, no, not on android in the last two years...other than maybe the XZ2 Compact which doesn't exactly have the best screen to body ratio. Not with those size limitations.

gsmarena.com/res…s=2

If you upped the size a little then perhaps the Samsung A40 at 144mm.
cicobuff05/02/2020 11:56

Put simply, no, not on android in the last two years...other than maybe …Put simply, no, not on android in the last two years...other than maybe the XZ2 Compact which doesn't exactly have the best screen to body ratio. Not with those size limitations.https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&nHeightMin=120&nHeightMax=140&sOSes=2If you upped the size a little then perhaps the Samsung A40 at 144mm.

yes I know theres not a great deal of choice at that size.
Check out Xaiomi or Oppo, my Xaiomi is an excellent phone and I've tried quite a few.
Bigfootpete05/02/2020 13:22

Check out Xaiomi or Oppo, my Xaiomi is an excellent phone and I've tried …Check out Xaiomi or Oppo, my Xaiomi is an excellent phone and I've tried quite a few.

thanks, what model of xaiomi would meet my needs?
hackerace05/02/2020 13:24

thanks, what model of xaiomi would meet my needs?

That's something you have to work out, I can't make that decision for you. Just check out their phones, there is always a deal posted on here.
Bigfootpete05/02/2020 13:27

That's something you have to work out, I can't make that decision for you. …That's something you have to work out, I can't make that decision for you. Just check out their phones, there is always a deal posted on here.

sorry I ment do they do a 5inch version?
Yes - the Mi5
Bigfootpete05/02/2020 13:42

Yes - the Mi5

thanks, just had a look, seems decent but it's nearly 5 years old. just have to keep looking.
hackerace05/02/2020 12:06

yes I know theres not a great deal of choice at that size.

Then if u know there was no need to ask.. There is currently no phone on android released in the past couple of years that fits the requirements.
Go 1cm bigger and you will have loads of options and much a better phone
hackerace05/02/2020 13:48

thanks, just had a look, seems decent but it's nearly 5 years old. just …thanks, just had a look, seems decent but it's nearly 5 years old. just have to keep looking.

Yeah, sorry - all the latest ones seem to be over 6 inches...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants