Groups

Best 50-55 inch TV under £600?

Hello
    Any suggestions for a 55-60" TV under £600?

johnlewis.com/sam…538

I've mananged to get John Lewis to price match the above to £549 (AO.com), with a 5 year warranty, however awaiting stock - customer service advisor said it should be back in stock in the next few days.

Thanks

4 Comments

The KU6000 does have all of the disadvantages of 4K with none of the benefits of HDR so it's only one to go for if you're going to be benefiting from 4K. Otherwise I'd be looking either side in the Samsung range, the K6300 or the KU6400.

Other options would be the Philips 49PUS6561 if you fancy ambilight and Panasonic's DX700. If you can stretch the budget a bit then Sony's XD80 at £625 and LG's 770V at £650 are good TVs.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

The KU6000 does have all of the disadvantages of 4K with none of the … The KU6000 does have all of the disadvantages of 4K with none of the benefits of HDR so it's only one to go for if you're going to be benefiting from 4K. Otherwise I'd be looking either side in the Samsung range, the K6300 or the KU6400.Other options would be the Philips 49PUS6561 if you fancy ambilight and Panasonic's DX700. If you can stretch the budget a bit then Sony's XD80 at £625 and LG's 770V at £650 are good TVs.

Thanks

I thought the KU6000 has HDR capabilities though?! I've had a look at the other TVs and the Panasonic looks brilliant.

F4LAX

I thought the KU6000 has HDR capabilities though?! I've had a look at the … I thought the KU6000 has HDR capabilities though?! I've had a look at the other TVs and the Panasonic looks brilliant.

HDR ability is a spectrum rather than something that's there or not.

The KU6000 has the most minimal of support, content controlled brightness, something you'd struggle to notice next to a TV that didn't support HDR at all.

The likes of the KU6400 and DX700 add a wider colour space. They lack the brightness range you need for the full HDR experience but the richer colours are at least going to be noticable in HDR content next to a non-HDR TV.

The next step up is the KS7000 at £850.

I recently bought the Hisense 55m7000 from Richer sounds for £650. It's absolutely fantastic. Viewed it next to a Samsung KS7000 and couldn't tell the difference. Bought it on the spot. Superb tv.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. plusnet mobile terrible34
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?26
      3. Recommend a free reminder app1314
      4. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??11

See more discussions