Best 55'' 4K TV under £700

Found 27th Apr
Looking for a tv, budget is £700.
Is it worth waiting to see if prices will drop for the World Cup?
I just want a quality TV within a good warranty.
Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks.
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV
15 Comments
swear by sony. they're awesome, couldnt be happier with our 7002 55 inch with hdr
Just biuy a hisense ,LG Sony quality at half price
There've been some fantastic deals on Toshiba 4K models mentioned on here recently.
I got a 37/38 inch one last August for £300 and am still amazed at its quality, features & price.
Thanks
machomansavage28th Apr

swear by sony. they're awesome, couldnt be happier with our 7002 55 inch …swear by sony. they're awesome, couldnt be happier with our 7002 55 inch with hdr

I'd like to swear at Sony - I've got the XE85 model, it's ok but and it's not brilliant, it's good at HDR but anything is just ok.

It has a few niggles, like it recognises when you switch on the digi-box(used for recording) and comes on but then after a while it says it's going into standby because it hasn't received a signal, nothing I do on the digi-box will stop it, even switching it off and on again.

There is a annoying band at the top of the screen that pops up whenever you do anything, wish I could get rid of that.
I could go on but you get the gist.
Bigfootpete2 h, 30 m ago

I'd like to swear at Sony - I've got the XE85 model, it's ok but and it's …I'd like to swear at Sony - I've got the XE85 model, it's ok but and it's not brilliant, it's good at HDR but anything is just ok.It has a few niggles, like it recognises when you switch on the digi-box(used for recording) and comes on but then after a while it says it's going into standby because it hasn't received a signal, nothing I do on the digi-box will stop it, even switching it off and on again.There is a annoying band at the top of the screen that pops up whenever you do anything, wish I could get rid of that.I could go on but you get the gist.

Omg I had that see on your remote? the actual sony one? Click sync and try turning off all different options. If that doesn't work go to settings and go all the way to bottom of the general tab and turn one of those options off, it was annoying me prior to turning it off
UPDATE:Scroll to bottom of general setting and turn off "sony bravia sync" then itll work fine
Edited by: "machomansavage" 30th Apr
machomansavage10 h, 41 m ago

Omg I had that see on your remote? the actual sony one? Click sync and try …Omg I had that see on your remote? the actual sony one? Click sync and try turning off all different options. If that doesn't work go to settings and go all the way to bottom of the general tab and turn one of those options off, it was annoying me prior to turning it offUPDATE:Scroll to bottom of general setting and turn off "sony bravia sync" then itll work fine

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
machomansavage16 h, 25 m ago

How u get on big foot?

The only options I had were to switch the sync off or turn of the HDMI connected device when I turn off the tv.
Bigfootpete2 h, 56 m ago

The only options I had were to switch the sync off or turn of the HDMI …The only options I had were to switch the sync off or turn of the HDMI connected device when I turn off the tv.

Switch sync off that's the one
machomansavage2nd May

Work?

Yep - that did the trick thanks! Although I now have to use two remotes when I switch it on, it's a small price to pay.
Bigfootpete32 m ago

Yep - that did the trick thanks! Although I now have to use two remotes …Yep - that did the trick thanks! Although I now have to use two remotes when I switch it on, it's a small price to pay.

Find a sky code ( if you're referring to that) sky codes for Sony and follow the instructions when complete and done properly the sky remote will flash twice. And then you can use the one sky remote for turning up volume and turning to on and off.

By doing this I haven't used my Sony remote for months. You can even use the sky remote for switching between different hdmi sources too. Tv(top left) and then help (bottom right) you'll never have to use your song remote again
Bigfootpete37 m ago

Yep - that did the trick thanks! Although I now have to use two remotes …Yep - that did the trick thanks! Although I now have to use two remotes when I switch it on, it's a small price to pay.

On sky remote hit tv top left. Then hit TV, then hold down select and red bottom ( it'll flash once) then type in 0533 (if it's worked the red light on top on sky remote will blink twice. Now try turning volume up with sky remote. Now no need for Sony remote
machomansavage18 h, 53 m ago

On sky remote hit tv top left. Then hit TV, then hold down select and red …On sky remote hit tv top left. Then hit TV, then hold down select and red bottom ( it'll flash once) then type in 0533 (if it's worked the red light on top on sky remote will blink twice. Now try turning volume up with sky remote. Now no need for Sony remote

I don't have Sky But the Sony does have a learning function so I could do it the other way around.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants