Best 55 inch TV for £500 - £600

Found 24th Nov 2017
Hello all. Im in the market for a new tv but i am so confused as to what tv to buy. I would really love to buy the lg oled55b7v but although i could afford it i cant justify it to myself. So im thinking of settling for something in the £500 - £600 range but want to get the best i can for that price.

Here are some things that are important to me.

Size - 55 inch
Good viewing angles
Good for gaming (ps4 pro / xbox one s)
Good brightness
Id like to avoid sluggish menus as this would drive me mad

Can anybody help narrow down to even just a few sets that i can focus on?

Thanks all

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

am in the same boat been looking at tv for ever lol i tried posting on here for advice but got nothing i am thinking of getting the Samsung UE55MU6500

If it’s for gaming then get a tv with a high refresh rate 100hz+

ravenh4wk28 m ago

If it’s for gaming then get a tv with a high refresh rate 100hz+

Most TV gamers don't use motion interpolation because it has to buffer several frames. Not that there are any 100hz 55" TVs in budget anyway.

Good viewing angles rules out Hisense, Sony, Panasonic and most Samsungs which gives you LG, Philips and possibly the Samsung MU6400.

MU7000 55" is £799 on richer sounds. I know it's outwith the budget stated but it might be worth the extra. 6 year warranty also.

What's the difference between the mu6400 and mu6500? Also in same position, gave consideration to the LG 55uj750v too, opinions between the 3?

rvicary12 h, 31 m ago

What's the difference between the mu6400 and mu6500? Also in same …What's the difference between the mu6400 and mu6500? Also in same position, gave consideration to the LG 55uj750v too, opinions between the 3?

The 6400 is flat, the 6500 is curved.

EndlessWaves25th Nov

The 6400 is flat, the 6500 is curved.

Thanks. I thought that was the case having compared them but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything...

rvicary3 h, 30 m ago

Thanks. I thought that was the case having compared them but just wanted …Thanks. I thought that was the case having compared them but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything...

They may use different panel types too, Samsung have been struggling for supply this year so some of the MU6400 models are using IPS panels instead of their usual VA.
Post a comment
@
    Text