Best 65 inch 4k TV for under £2000

Found 21st May 2016
Hi all.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
AskTV4K TV
73 Comments
knowledgeable bunch here and a very good forum.
avforums.com/
http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kd65x8509c/sony-kd65x8509cbu
or refurbish one from sony >>
https://centresdirect.co.uk/p-12905-kd65x8509cbua.aspx
this year model
http://www.richersounds.com/package/tv/tv---all/pah013123

sony got great picture quality

Edited by: "david2004" 21st May 2016

knowledgeable bunch here and a very good forum.https://www.avforums.com/

Thanks will have a look!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kd65x8509c/sony-kd65x8509cbuor refurbish one from sony >>https://centresdirect.co.uk/p-12905-kd65x8509cbua.aspx...this year model http://www.richersounds.com/package/tv/tv---all/pah013123sony got great picture quality

Cheers mate! The one from RicherSounds is currently my first choice, I have a Sony at the moment and love it!

Thanks for the recommendations!
I will be recommending only 4 Tv's to you, note that I benchmark and test Tvs every week so i know what I'm talking about, I would definately recommend you to not get any tvs which dont have the new HDR tech thay 2016 tvs have, as theres a huge difference in quality. In order of recommendation:

1. Samsung 65KS7500 £2500
2. LG 65UH770V £2099
3. Sony 65XD8599 + HTCT80 soundbar £2249
4. Panasonic 65DX750b £1999

1.If you want 3d then stop reading this paragraph as this tv doesnt have it. Now out of these 4 if you can afford the samsung go with that, as from experience they have a very user friendly OS, theyre very fast, have increrdibly low input lag (perfect for 4k gaming). Picture quality is amazing deep blacks and bright whites, there hdr is also very advanced. They also incorporated a quantum do display in this years model, whic just makes the picture quality stand out.

2.If you cannot afford the samsung or you want 3d, I would recommend you to try to get an additional £99 out your budget to get the LG. They have my favourite OS(webos) I love how easy it is to multitask, the picture quality is also excellent with their HDR super, and they too have a quantum dot display which i really believe improved the picture significantly. I prefer the LGs colour range, as they seem to be more vibrant, samsungs is nearly as good. Blacks on this tv are also really deep, but not as deep as samsungs. Everything else is top notch. This tv also has low input lag slightly more than samsungs but less than panasonics and sonys. sdr to hdr conversion is also spectacular

3. I placed the sony third as even though you cannot go wrong picking any of these 4 tvs, I believe they priced it too high, this should have been priced with the panasonic. If you like android tv, you get this in the sony, I personally dont since it feels alot more laggy, with the new processor in this tv ive seen the lag has reduced slightly. I personally dont like sony tvs in general as ive gone through too many problems with them. I put this on the list as you may like sonys. The picture quality is very good, input lag is slightly behind the LG, HDR is very impressive, ps4 streaming cannot be anymore seamless, same goes with the samsung since they both have remote play

4. This is the cheapest of all 4, black levers are excellent, the OS is not bad, it has everything like netflix, youtube etc.
HDR is not bad, not as good as LGs and samsungs but pretty decent, I have to say it is beautiful, They all look good, Lgs stands out too. you do get some draw backs with this too, Input lag is quite high so 4k gaming with fps games is not recommended. viewing angles arnt that great no where near as great as LGs which is the absolute best. I also prefer LGs local dimming, the panasonics didnt compete.

Overall though all 4 of these tvs are better than any 4k 2015 model ive ever had a little hdr is better than none at all.

The tv I recommend is no. 1 if you can afford the samsung, otherwise save up an extra £100 to get the amazing LG.

I will be recommending only 4 Tv's to you, note that I benchmark and test … I will be recommending only 4 Tv's to you, note that I benchmark and test Tvs every week so i know what I'm talking about, I would definately recommend you to not get any tvs which dont have the new HDR tech thay 2016 tvs have, as theres a huge difference in quality. In order of recommendation:1. Samsung 65KS7500 £25002. LG 65UH770V £20993. Sony 65XD8599 + HTCT80 soundbar £22494. Panasonic 65DX750b £19991.If you want 3d then stop reading this paragraph as this tv doesnt have it. Now out of these 4 if you can afford the samsung go with that, as from experience they have a very user friendly OS, theyre very fast, have increrdibly low input lag (perfect for 4k gaming). Picture quality is amazing deep blacks and bright whites, there hdr is also very advanced. They also incorporated a quantum do display in this years model, whic just makes the picture quality stand out.2.If you cannot afford the samsung or you want 3d, I would recommend you to try to get an additional £99 out your budget to get the LG. They have my favourite OS(webos) I love how easy it is to multitask, the picture quality is also excellent with their HDR super, and they too have a quantum dot display which i really believe improved the picture significantly. I prefer the LGs colour range, as they seem to be more vibrant, samsungs is nearly as good. Blacks on this tv are also really deep, but not as deep as samsungs. Everything else is top notch. This tv also has low input lag slightly more than samsungs but less than panasonics and sonys. sdr to hdr conversion is also spectacular3. I placed the sony third as even though you cannot go wrong picking any of these 4 tvs, I believe they priced it too high, this should have been priced with the panasonic. If you like android tv, you get this in the sony, I personally dont since it feels alot more laggy, with the new processor in this tv ive seen the lag has reduced slightly. I personally dont like sony tvs in general as ive gone through too many problems with them. I put this on the list as you may like sonys. The picture quality is very good, input lag is slightly behind the LG, HDR is very impressive, ps4 streaming cannot be anymore seamless, same goes with the samsung since they both have remote play4. This is the cheapest of all 4, black levers are excellent, the OS is not bad, it has everything like netflix, youtube etc.HDR is not bad, not as good as LGs and samsungs but pretty decent, I have to say it is beautiful, They all look good, Lgs stands out too. you do get some draw backs with this too, Input lag is quite high so 4k gaming with fps games is not recommended. viewing angles arnt that great no where near as great as LGs which is the absolute best. I also prefer LGs local dimming, the panasonics didnt compete. Overall though all 4 of these tvs are better than any 4k 2015 model ive ever had a little hdr is better than none at all.The tv I recommend is no. 1 if you can afford the samsung, otherwise save up an extra £100 to get the amazing LG.

Wow! Thanks so much much for your in-depth recommendation, I will certainly check these out and update on which I decide, I have around 3-4 weeks until I buy. It's such a tough decision, I really would like Android, but not sure how much I would use Kodi etc, I don't need 3D (never used on my current teles), Input Lag is quite important to me as an gamer as is viewing angles. So much to consider, thanks again! Having a look now!

Wow! Thanks so much much for your in-depth recommendation, I will … Wow! Thanks so much much for your in-depth recommendation, I will certainly check these out and update on which I decide, I have around 3-4 weeks until I buy. It's such a tough decision, I really would like Android, but not sure how much I would use Kodi etc, I don't need 3D (never used on my current teles), Input Lag is quite important to me as an gamer as is viewing angles. So much to consider, thanks again! Having a look now!

Android is important I too dont mind having it but do not let it be the decision factor as you can easily buy an android stick or box with a much better experience (Im using a minix x8-h and cannot wait to buy xiaomis new android box when it comes out) also do not factor in game streaming as having any of these android boxes you can be using game streaming as well as pc game streaming (moonlight).
If you can afford the samsung it is the most superior in terms of nearly everything, the lg comes close behind. You will notice a difference in quality between the sony and the samsung by far, and a little compared to LGS amazing quantum dot hdr tech.
I really do love quantum dot technology in my tvs thats why i didnt recommend the sony or panasonic above those too, also ive ran into alot of problems when RMA with sony and panasonics, samsungs was the quickest and easiest, Lg came right next to it. If you're waiting I would actually recommend you to wait till christmas lol as the sale prices are ridiculously low, samsung usually give £300 cashback ontop of a sale so you may be able to get it under 2k.

Android is important I too dont mind having it but do not let it be the … Android is important I too dont mind having it but do not let it be the decision factor as you can easily buy an android stick or box with a much better experience (Im using a minix x8-h and cannot wait to buy xiaomis new android box when it comes out) also do not factor in game streaming as having any of these android boxes you can be using game streaming as well as pc game streaming (moonlight).If you can afford the samsung it is the most superior in terms of nearly everything, the lg comes close behind. You will notice a difference in quality between the sony and the samsung by far, and a little compared to LGS amazing quantum dot hdr tech.I really do love quantum dot technology in my tvs thats why i didnt recommend the sony or panasonic above those too, also ive ran into alot of problems when RMA with sony and panasonics, samsungs was the quickest and easiest, Lg came right next to it. If you're waiting I would actually recommend you to wait till christmas lol as the sale prices are ridiculously low, samsung usually give £300 cashback ontop of a sale so you may be able to get it under 2k.

Ah yes, will most likely be getting an android box to be fair so I suppose it doesn't really matter, was thinking of getting the Amazon Fire TV, but will look into the Xiaomi now that you have mentioned it.

I can't really wait until till Christmas lol, I'm moving house next month so wanted to purchase for the living room, thinking about getting the LG, might go for the Very 20% off for new customers (if it works) but their model is 65UH750V versus the 65UH770V you recommend, do you know if there is any difference?

They also have a 65UF770V for £1599, looks like this doesn't have HDR pro though

Thanks!
yes the 65uh770v has a quantum dot display, harmon kardon speakers, better picture engine 2500 picture index vs 1900, but the main difference is that it is a super 4k tv, or SUHD, so it has a noticable better picture and sound quality, so I would not recommend you to get the uh 750v as even though it is good you will not be future proofed when more films come out for suhd, quantum dot displays, anyways, you say ou wanted to buy it from very with the 20% code they give, which you have to fill in a credit form, very similar to when you want to get financed, if you can get that go for it, but why the 65uh750v, get the 65uh770v:
http://www.very.co.uk/lg-65uh770v-65-inch-super-ultra-hd-hdr-with-dolby-vision-smart-tv/1600076376.prd?utm_campaign=other&aff=awin&affsrc=137991&cm_mmc=awin-_-137991-_-Comparison+Engine-_-0_0&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=PriceSpy_137991&utm_content=na

BTW if ou want to make sure you have the cheapest deals use this site:
http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=3606665

Also make sure you get a good warranty with this tv as different shops give different warranty periods

Ah yes, will most likely be getting an android box to be fair so I … Ah yes, will most likely be getting an android box to be fair so I suppose it doesn't really matter, was thinking of getting the Amazon Fire TV, but will look into the Xiaomi now that you have mentioned it.I can't really wait until till Christmas lol, I'm moving house next month so wanted to purchase for the living room, thinking about getting the LG, might go for the Very 20% off for new customers (if it works) but their model is 65UH750V versus the 65UH770V you recommend, do you know if there is any difference?They also have a 65UF770V for £1599, looks like this doesn't have HDR pro thoughThanks!

Also dont forget to use quidco to get £118 cashback too

yes the 65uh770v has a quantum dot display, harmon kardon speakers, … yes the 65uh770v has a quantum dot display, harmon kardon speakers, better picture engine 2500 picture index vs 1900, but the main difference is that it is a super 4k tv, or SUHD, so it has a noticable better picture and sound quality, so I would not recommend you to get the uh 750v as even though it is good you will not be future proofed when more films come out for suhd, quantum dot displays, anyways, you say ou wanted to buy it from very with the 20% code they give, which you have to fill in a credit form, very similar to when you want to get financed, if you can get that go for it, but why the 65uh750v, get the 65uh770v:http://www.very.co.uk/lg-65uh770v-65-inch-super-ultra-hd-hdr-with-dolby-vision-smart-tv/1600076376.prd?utm_campaign=other&aff=awin&affsrc=137991&cm_mmc=awin-_-137991-_-Comparison+Engine-_-0_0&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=PriceSpy_137991&utm_content=naBTW if ou want to make sure you have the cheapest deals use this site:http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=3606665Also make sure you get a good warranty with this tv as different shops give different warranty periods

awesome! thanks so much, I didn't see the 65uh770v!

Cheers!

awesome! thanks so much, I didn't see the 65uh770v!Cheers!

No problem happy to help
UE65JS9000
Search for it on hotuk. At least 4 sold @ £899 in last few days ( including 1 for me !) - this is ex display only !

UE65JS9000Search for it on hotuk. At least 4 sold @ £899 in last few days … UE65JS9000Search for it on hotuk. At least 4 sold @ £899 in last few days ( including 1 for me !) - this is ex display only !

He has the money to buy a new 2016 model which has significant picture quality improvements. Also buying the js9000 will not give him the future proof tv he wants, especially since HDR is a must for bluray 4ks and games in 2016
08sam1

He has the money to buy a new 2016 model which has significant picture … He has the money to buy a new 2016 model which has significant picture quality improvements. Also buying the js9000 will not give him the future proof tv he wants, especially since HDR is a must for bluray 4ks and games in 2016

08Sam1 - sorry, that's very lazy comment. Completely wrong.
Suggest you read a review or 2 before your next comment.
1) Future proofing - that's the whole idea of a "one connect box" - it's probably the most future proof tv you can buy today for £899 (if you're lucky)
2) Not HDR ? Really? Are you sure?

Buy this and get a solid surround sound system for £1100 with the change...

Source
http://www.whathifi.com/samsung/ue65js9000/review
trustedreviews.com/sam…iew
Jaypee - like you - I hunted for the best deal for a gaming (PS4 and Xbox and 4K PC monitor ) tv - I've tested this bad boy - it's up there with the best !
See here
http://reviewmaestro.com/unparalled-gaming-experience-with-the-samsung-js9000/
http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/js9000

"...The JS9000 is a great gaming TV. It hardly has any blur, so even the fastest-paced games are going to look their best. There's also hardly any delay between when you do something in a game and when it appears onscreen, so there won't be much getting in the way when you need to react quickly.

The Samsung JS8500, which is the flat-screen equivalent of the JS9000, has noticeably higher input lag. If you're looking for a high-end TV for gaming, you should opt for the JS9000...."

Jaypee - like you - I hunted for the best deal for a gaming (PS4 and Xbox … Jaypee - like you - I hunted for the best deal for a gaming (PS4 and Xbox and 4K PC monitor ) tv - I've tested this bad boy - it's up there with the best !See herehttp://reviewmaestro.com/unparalled-gaming-experience-with-the-samsung-js9000/http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/js9000"...The JS9000 is a great gaming TV. It hardly has any blur, so even the fastest-paced games are going to look their best. There's also hardly any delay between when you do something in a game and when it appears onscreen, so there won't be much getting in the way when you need to react quickly.The Samsung JS8500, which is the flat-screen equivalent of the JS9000, has noticeably higher input lag. If you're looking for a high-end TV for gaming, you should opt for the JS9000...."

Thanks mate! I would definitely buy that TV if I could find it for that price! ideally I do not want a curved TV but for that price and for that TV I would bite (as I am after two TVs)

I will have a look at my local today but not getting my hopes up as I'm not that lucky!

Thanks
Edited by: "jaypee24" 9th Jun 2016

Thanks mate! I would definitely buy that TV if I could find it for that … Thanks mate! I would definitely buy that TV if I could find it for that price! ideally I do not want a curved TV but for that price and for that TV I would bite (as I am after two TVs)I will have a look at my local today but not getting my hopes up as I'm not that lucky!Thanks

be careful, if you are interested in watching 4k movies in the best quality and playing 4k games with the best graphics, the js9000 does not have HDR, this has its own specification, something like oled, led, full hd, crt, so this new specification (HDR) is gonna be in alot more tvs every year, and in my opinion is the only thing which may compete with oled. So just a warning if you buy a tv without HDR in the next 2 years you will see that there will be cheap tvs with hdr which will have better quality than the js9000 and cost alot less, just like when the best crt got smashed to bits the day lcd came out. Thats the best advice i could give, with the tv benchmarking i do. The js9000 is a good tv but even a LG 55ec930v oled tv has better quality even though its full hd, for full hd,720p and 480p sources the quality is alot better (less washed out), HDR created a big competition for oled in my opinion.

Thanks mate! I would definitely buy that TV if I could find it for that … Thanks mate! I would definitely buy that TV if I could find it for that price! ideally I do not want a curved TV but for that price and for that TV I would bite (as I am after two TVs)I will have a look at my local today but not getting my hopes up as I'm not that lucky!Thanks

If you want two tvs, I would still recommend buying one of the 3 tvs i recommend as your main tv and for your second tv go for a cheaper one e.g (https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hisense-65k5510-65-4k-tv-with-6-year-warranty-included-799-richer-sounds-2461479) you can probably find it for alot less on ebay.
08sam1

I will be recommending only 4 Tv's to you, note that I benchmark and test … I will be recommending only 4 Tv's to you, note that I benchmark and test Tvs every week so i know what I'm talking about, I would definately recommend you to not get any tvs which dont have the new HDR tech thay 2016 tvs have, as theres a huge difference in quality. In order of recommendation:1. Samsung 65KS7500 £25002. LG 65UH770V £20993. Sony 65XD8599 + HTCT80 soundbar £22494. Panasonic 65DX750b £19991.If you want 3d then stop reading this paragraph as this tv doesnt have it. Now out of these 4 if you can afford the samsung go with that, as from experience they have a very user friendly OS, theyre very fast, have increrdibly low input lag (perfect for 4k gaming). Picture quality is amazing deep blacks and bright whites, there hdr is also very advanced. They also incorporated a quantum do display in this years model, whic just makes the picture quality stand out.2.If you cannot afford the samsung or you want 3d, I would recommend you to try to get an additional £99 out your budget to get the LG. They have my favourite OS(webos) I love how easy it is to multitask, the picture quality is also excellent with their HDR super, and they too have a quantum dot display which i really believe improved the picture significantly. I prefer the LGs colour range, as they seem to be more vibrant, samsungs is nearly as good. Blacks on this tv are also really deep, but not as deep as samsungs. Everything else is top notch. This tv also has low input lag slightly more than samsungs but less than panasonics and sonys. sdr to hdr conversion is also spectacular3. I placed the sony third as even though you cannot go wrong picking any of these 4 tvs, I believe they priced it too high, this should have been priced with the panasonic. If you like android tv, you get this in the sony, I personally dont since it feels alot more laggy, with the new processor in this tv ive seen the lag has reduced slightly. I personally dont like sony tvs in general as ive gone through too many problems with them. I put this on the list as you may like sonys. The picture quality is very good, input lag is slightly behind the LG, HDR is very impressive, ps4 streaming cannot be anymore seamless, same goes with the samsung since they both have remote play4. This is the cheapest of all 4, black levers are excellent, the OS is not bad, it has everything like netflix, youtube etc.HDR is not bad, not as good as LGs and samsungs but pretty decent, I have to say it is beautiful, They all look good, Lgs stands out too. you do get some draw backs with this too, Input lag is quite high so 4k gaming with fps games is not recommended. viewing angles arnt that great no where near as great as LGs which is the absolute best. I also prefer LGs local dimming, the panasonics didnt compete. Overall though all 4 of these tvs are better than any 4k 2015 model ive ever had a little hdr is better than none at all.The tv I recommend is no. 1 if you can afford the samsung, otherwise save up an extra £100 to get the amazing LG.

​Some good insight there 08sam1. You seem to be both knowledgeable and IMPARTIAL.
I'm also in the market for a 65 " or larger 4k telly. Would be interested to know your thoughts on flat screens for a fairly bright room. Gaming not important. Would it be worth going up a price point from the models you listed or is it diminishing returns? Have you tested any Hisense to see how they compare? I have no brand preference.
Thanks.
yes I am looking at the lg.. gonna wait for around 3 weeks before I buy

I have thought about hisense but not looked into it properly yet

thanks again Sam

​Some good insight there 08sam1. You seem to be both knowledgeable and I … ​Some good insight there 08sam1. You seem to be both knowledgeable and IMPARTIAL. I'm also in the market for a 65 " or larger 4k telly. Would be interested to know your thoughts on flat screens for a fairly bright room. Gaming not important. Would it be worth going up a price point from the models you listed or is it diminishing returns? Have you tested any Hisense to see how they compare? I have no brand preference. Thanks.

yes i have tested hisense but the only one i did test was the amazon.co.uk/His…nse, I actually prefer flat screens too, mainly because of the reduced glare in my opinion and the more people who can see the tv when its flat on the wall. The hisense i bought was a fairly good tv, it did not compete with my lgs, sonys or samsungs, it was fairly on par with my panasonic. Can i just ask what you mean by is it worth going up a price point from the models i listed or diminishing returns? whats your budget? what will you be using the tv for? do you have a home cinema system/soundbar?
08sam1

yes i have tested hisense but the only one i did test was the … yes i have tested hisense but the only one i did test was the https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-Smart-Ultra-years-warranty/dp/B014KOKZUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465478340&sr=8-1&keywords=65+hisense, I actually prefer flat screens too, mainly because of the reduced glare in my opinion and the more people who can see the tv when its flat on the wall. The hisense i bought was a fairly good tv, it did not compete with my lgs, sonys or samsungs, it was fairly on par with my panasonic. Can i just ask what you mean by is it worth going up a price point from the models i listed or diminishing returns? whats your budget? what will you be using the tv for? do you have a home cinema system/soundbar?

​The TV will be used with my Sky Q when I get it so hopefully some 4k content soon. Also for streaming from an android box. Good upscaling would be a plus. I doubt I'll ever use it for games and sound quality is unimportant as it will be connected to my AV amp.
As I said it will be used in a well lit room for daytime and light summer evenings viewing.
If by paying more I would see a significant improvement in picture quality I could go for it. I get a nosebleed at the thought of paying much more than 3 grand for a telly though. Which is why I'm on here looking for bargains!
Any thoughts?
mikedunne545

​The TV will be used with my Sky Q when I get it so hopefully some 4k c … ​The TV will be used with my Sky Q when I get it so hopefully some 4k content soon. Also for streaming from an android box. Good upscaling would be a plus. I doubt I'll ever use it for games and sound quality is unimportant as it will be connected to my AV amp. As I said it will be used in a well lit room for daytime and light summer evenings viewing. If by paying more I would see a significant improvement in picture quality I could go for it. I get a nosebleed at the thought of paying much more than 3 grand for a telly though. Which is why I'm on here looking for bargains! Any thoughts?

Yes the thing is ive tested the high end tvs but to be honest if its significant improvement you want you wont be able to find it for under 3 grand, as the next step up after samsung ks7500 i recommended to my friend here is the oled 4ks, and i dont believe you should pay more than £3000 for any tv, the 65EG960V would be a significant improvement but i dont agree with the price point, and the LG 65UH850v is basically the 770v with 3d i cant tell much difference in picture quality, and even the 950v, the blacks may be slightly better but its not worth the additional amount you're paying. Same goes for samsung, the KS7500 is basically similar to the ks7000 but i did notice the depth enhancer to improve the quality significantly and the ks8000 doesnt even have auto depth enhancer since its a flat screen, and the ks9500 has better dimming and slightly better blacks but again not a significant improvent. I actually think the only time you should spend more than 3k on a tv is if you were to get the LG OLED 4k HDR tvs because I just tested them recently and they have the best picture ive ever seen, still not worth the price point of 4.5k , hence im recommending people to wait for oled to drop in price. So in general the top two tvs i recommend anyone would be the 65uh770v or the 65ks7500, The samsung is better for gaming and content, blacks are deeper whites are the same. The lg has a slightly better colour accuracy before calibration, so the samsung would be better if youll get a calibrator. The lg also sounds better in my opinion and the multi tasking is alot better, both have amazing warranty and amazing customer service so if anything goes wrong you're covered, the rest is really preference, just look at the difference go to rgb direct or somewhere to see the difference, if you dont have time get either one as i know you would be happy with either one you get, I could recommend you the 65eg960v but since its really expensive and doesnt have 2016 tech and is webos2.0 not 3.0 i would not recommend you it. But if you found it cheaper thats a different story, I still think for the price the LG is amazing, and if you think you may game on the tv one day i say get the samsung as the input lag is ridiculously low, the lg has low input lag too but not near the samsung
08sam1

be careful, if you are interested in watching 4k movies in the best … be careful, if you are interested in watching 4k movies in the best quality and playing 4k games with the best graphics, the js9000 does not have HDR, this has its own specification, something like oled, led, full hd, crt, so this new specification (HDR) is gonna be in alot more tvs every year, and in my opinion is the only thing which may compete with oled. So just a warning if you buy a tv without HDR in the next 2 years you will see that there will be cheap tvs with hdr which will have better quality than the js9000 and cost alot less, just like when the best crt got smashed to bits the day lcd came out. Thats the best advice i could give, with the tv benchmarking i do. The js9000 is a good tv but even a LG 55ec930v oled tv has better quality even though its full hd, for full hd,720p and 480p sources the quality is alot better (less washed out), HDR created a big competition for oled in my opinion.

Completely disagree with 08Sam1 on the JS9000. Read some reviews. HDR is supported. Its excellent for gaming, See links above. For £899 you cannot buy a better bang per buck telly out there. Period.
http://i63.tinypic.com/25ktzc0.jpg
Mine this weekend
serious peice of kit Mr Porter. Respect !
Are you paying retail?
Edited by: "smiler594" 9th Jun 2016
smiler594

serious peice of kit Mr Porter. Respect !Are you paying retail?

Costco mate I have deliberated for long enough but the oleds just don't seem to come down in price plus I have 90 days to take it back if it falls in price or I find it cheaper elsewhere so **** to it
that is one f***n tasty piece of kit! enjoy!
smiler594

that is one f***n tasty piece of kit! enjoy!

You're correct £899 is a no brainer, but for someone who wants significant better picture quality and can afford higher priced tvs i wouldn't recommend it. Also the js9000 may have hdr but it has hdr support and is not a certified HDR television. If you read my previous ppsts you would have known that. With the new HDR alliance certification Samsung has on its KS7500 (HDR1000) the ks7500 is significantly better than last years js9000, ive tested this first hand, and if you are a serious technophile like me you notice even the smallest lcd tearing/bleeding or even hdr hiccups. The ks series has a much better dynamic range, much deeper blacks and some astonishing whites (high brightness over 1000 nits peak). I am sorry but with my testing the js9000 doesnt compare side to side with the ks series and many people would notice the difference. Well i noticed it straight away. Greyscale and colour accuracy has also significantly improved, HDR content looks 10x better on the new ks series.
the porter

Costco mate I have deliberated for long enough but the oleds just don't … Costco mate I have deliberated for long enough but the oleds just don't seem to come down in price plus I have 90 days to take it back if it falls in price or I find it cheaper elsewhere so **** to it

Lol when i said theyll drop in proce i didnt mean next month i meant in the next few years. If someone has the money to go for it i would definately recommemd it, not the e6 though unless you have the money, the B6 and C6 paired with a good soundbar is not only cheaper but on par with the E6 and much better sound quality depending on the soundbar you choose i actually think the soundbar looks hideous on the e6 but thats only my opinion my brother actually liked it. But again if you have the money to burn away go right ahead would definately please you for many years to come
08sam1

Yes the thing is ive tested the high end tvs but to be honest if its … Yes the thing is ive tested the high end tvs but to be honest if its significant improvement you want you wont be able to find it for under 3 grand, as the next step up after samsung ks7500 i recommended to my friend here is the oled 4ks, and i dont believe you should pay more than £3000 for any tv, the 65EG960V would be a significant improvement but i dont agree with the price point, and the LG 65UH850v is basically the 770v with 3d i cant tell much difference in picture quality, and even the 950v, the blacks may be slightly better but its not worth the additional amount you're paying. Same goes for samsung, the KS7500 is basically similar to the ks7000 but i did notice the depth enhancer to improve the quality significantly and the ks8000 doesnt even have auto depth enhancer since its a flat screen, and the ks9500 has better dimming and slightly better blacks but again not a significant improvent. I actually think the only time you should spend more than 3k on a tv is if you were to get the LG OLED 4k HDR tvs because I just tested them recently and they have the best picture ive ever seen, still not worth the price point of 4.5k , hence im recommending people to wait for oled to drop in price. So in general the top two tvs i recommend anyone would be the 65uh770v or the 65ks7500, The samsung is better for gaming and content, blacks are deeper whites are the same. The lg has a slightly better colour accuracy before calibration, so the samsung would be better if youll get a calibrator. The lg also sounds better in my opinion and the multi tasking is alot better, both have amazing warranty and amazing customer service so if anything goes wrong you're covered, the rest is really preference, just look at the difference go to rgb direct or somewhere to see the difference, if you dont have time get either one as i know you would be happy with either one you get, I could recommend you the 65eg960v but since its really expensive and doesnt have 2016 tech and is webos2.0 not 3.0 i would not recommend you it. But if you found it cheaper thats a different story, I still think for the price the LG is amazing, and if you think you may game on the tv one day i say get the samsung as the input lag is ridiculously low, the lg has low input lag too but not near the samsung

​Thanks ‘Sam’, yet more good info along with your later replies. I took the time to look in Currys on the way home. The only TV from your original list of four on display and working was the Panasonic 750b. It was pretty impressive but not stand-out, FLAT and selling at £1800. The Samsung UE65JS9000 mentioned on this thread was also there, up on the wall and badly set up to emphasise how much brighter it is than the TV below it. I was tempted to ask about getting it for £899, but it is CURVED. Very tempting though. They also have the OLED 65EG960v. To be honest, you have to be impressed by it, compared to anything else in the store, and it’s not even one of the latest HDR models. It’s still £3500 though, and CURVED. I think it will be a while before OLED prices get really competitive. Maybe they won’t, and remain as a high end niche product.

I would like to get a look at the 65”LG770v, it seems a good fit. Quantum Dot, HDR10 and Dolby Vision should be fairly future proof. There's not much content yet but, just like Winter, it's coming.
I’m not in a desperate hurry, the next month or so might see some price cuts! It’s good to get peoples thoughts on what to check-out. For me, this thread has turned into an excellent discussion.

Whatever I get, it’s bound to be a big improvement on my 8 year old 1080p Sharp Aquos.
Mike which branch of curry's was that? When do you pick up your new toy? send pics pls when youve set up
mikedunne545

​Thanks ‘Sam’, yet more good info along with your later replies. I took th … ​Thanks ‘Sam’, yet more good info along with your later replies. I took the time to look in Currys on the way home. The only TV from your original list of four on display and working was the Panasonic 750b. It was pretty impressive but not stand-out, FLAT and selling at £1800. The Samsung UE65JS9000 mentioned on this thread was also there, up on the wall and badly set up to emphasise how much brighter it is than the TV below it. I was tempted to ask about getting it for £899, but it is CURVED. Very tempting though. They also have the OLED 65EG960v. To be honest, you have to be impressed by it, compared to anything else in the store, and it’s not even one of the latest HDR models. It’s still £3500 though, and CURVED. I think it will be a while before OLED prices get really competitive. Maybe they won’t, and remain as a high end niche product.I would like to get a look at the 65”LG770v, it seems a good fit. Quantum Dot, HDR10 and Dolby Vision should be fairly future proof. There's not much content yet but, just like Winter, it's coming. I’m not in a desperate hurry, the next month or so might see some price cuts! It’s good to get peoples thoughts on what to check-out. For me, this thread has turned into an excellent discussion. Whatever I get, it’s bound to be a big improvement on my 8 year old 1080p Sharp Aquos.

Mike to be honest i'd be crazy to not recommend the 65eg960v but I honestly havnt tested it, i have seen it in shops and you're right it definately doesnt even need HDR, but the reason i did not recommend it was not only because of the price, but also when HDR content becomes available, hdr TVs will play back to their true potential. I will be purchasing 3 more tvs in the next 2 months, the EG960v and EG920V, 55B6V. its gonna be the battle of the oled 4ks. I'll let you know after some testing and calibration how they compare with the others. Also I dont really recommend panasonic, im not a big fan of their led tvs, their 65CZ952 was spectacular, probably would have to say the best tv ive ever tested in terms of quality.
smiler594

Mike which branch of curry's was that? When do you pick up your new toy? … Mike which branch of curry's was that? When do you pick up your new toy? send pics pls when youve set up

​Hang on Smiler. I only said I was tempted!
mikedunne545

​Hang on Smiler. I only said I was tempted!

I told Jaypee this, and ill tell you too, if you can be patient wait until christmas , around november theres huge deals, especially with samsung, they normally do huge £500 cashback offers with their tvs, you can end up saving a huge amount, same goes with LG
Have you had the chance to look at the new Panasonic TX-65DX902B yet 'Sam'? If so how does it look for around £3k
mikedunne545

​Thanks ‘Sam’, yet more good info along with your later replies. I took th … ​Thanks ‘Sam’, yet more good info along with your later replies. I took the time to look in Currys on the way home. The only TV from your original list of four on display and working was the Panasonic 750b. It was pretty impressive but not stand-out, FLAT and selling at £1800. The Samsung UE65JS9000 mentioned on this thread was also there, up on the wall and badly set up to emphasise how much brighter it is than the TV below it. I was tempted to ask about getting it for £899, but it is CURVED. Very tempting though. They also have the OLED 65EG960v. To be honest, you have to be impressed by it, compared to anything else in the store, and it’s not even one of the latest HDR models. It’s still £3500 though, and CURVED. I think it will be a while before OLED prices get really competitive. Maybe they won’t, and remain as a high end niche product.I would like to get a look at the 65”LG770v, it seems a good fit. Quantum Dot, HDR10 and Dolby Vision should be fairly future proof. There's not much content yet but, just like Winter, it's coming. I’m not in a desperate hurry, the next month or so might see some price cuts! It’s good to get peoples thoughts on what to check-out. For me, this thread has turned into an excellent discussion. Whatever I get, it’s bound to be a big improvement on my 8 year old 1080p Sharp Aquos.

hotukdeals.com/dea…077
Just seen today that John Lewis have the lg65uh770v at £1500 with their 5yr warranty. It's getting difficult to resist.
mikedunne545

Just seen today that John Lewis have the lg65uh770v at £1500 with their … Just seen today that John Lewis have the lg65uh770v at £1500 with their 5yr warranty. It's getting difficult to resist.

​wow.. thanks for that.. I might give mine back and order from John Lewis! havent opened it yet
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants