Groups

Best 7" tablet/phablet to use as sat nav?

rather than getting a new TomTom I was thinking about a 7" tablet or phablet to use as a sat nav in the campervan running google maps or co-pilot - does anyone have any recommendations or is it a bad idea?

4 Comments

Banned

I have just done the same thing and I got the Samsung tab a 7 6 that is on offer with 4g with 6 months data included for £109.99 at currys.I've put Co pilot on it which was on offer when I got it so because it's 4 g I can use the live traffic as well.co pilot also giving 12 months traffic free as well.plus tab can be used as a phone as well.
    Edited by: "keepgettingbanned" 25th Dec 2016

Original Poster

keepgettingbanned

I have just done the same thing and I got the Samsung tab a 7 6 that is … I have just done the same thing and I got the Samsung tab a 7 6 that is on offer with 4g with 6 months data included for £109.99 at currys.I've put Co pilot on it which was on offer when I got it so because it's 4 g I can use the live traffic as well.co pilot also giving 12 months traffic free as well.plus tab can be used as a phone as well.

is 8Gb enough storage for the maps or can they be moved to an SD card do you know?

Banned

mine are on SD card for co pilot

Try one of the o2 refresh tablet deals, had a few for £30 ish, Huawei have calling/text capabilities usually...handy for a second network.

Consider a cheap 3G phone with a anywhere sim for 999/112 call access with no top up needed argos.co.uk/pro…295

£1.99 will get you a refurb o2 3G Alcatel that the Anywhere sim will work in o2.co.uk/sho…ew/

happy campervaning
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1517
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions