Best AA/AAA rechargeable batteries for digicam?

7 replies
Found 3rd May 2010
Looking for suggestions as to which ones to buy. Main use is for digicam, but for general use as well.

Will need a good charger for it as well.

Ideally want best value (ie. cheap, and still good)

I've seen posts about eneloop etc. So I just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

7 Comments

Last month I bought a fast charger from the 7 day shop and got a good deal on duracel rechargeable batteries at the same time. I think it cost me about £23 quid for the charger and 8 batteries.

Banned

7 day shop

eneloops/infinium or the 7 days shop ones are very good

I have some of each very good, as for charger

7dayshop.com/cat…043

i have that one, its very good, turns off when charged, batteries dont get warm, but takes about 3-4 hours

7dayshop.com/cat…341

I rate these as good as eneloops etc, at near half price, you wont be dissapointed

hi sanyo eneloops ]http//ww…241are the battery of choice for most. 7day shop do their own version of "ready charged" eneloop type batteries that maintain their charge for longer periods. ]http//ww…341

beat me to it jubbyme

Original Poster

Thanks guys for the suggestions/post.

I already have a "Radio Shack" NiMH pulse-charger. It doesn't say the suggested mAh batteries... I've had it for a while now. I also have a "Vanson" fast NiMH charger. And I have an "Energizer" NiMH charger.

If I get the "Ready To Go" batteries, do you think I will need a new charger? If not, which of the above would be best suited?

Thanks guys.

Banned

moe922;8517111

Thanks guys for the suggestions/post.I already have a "Radio Shack" NiMH … Thanks guys for the suggestions/post.I already have a "Radio Shack" NiMH pulse-charger. It doesn't say the suggested mAh batteries... I've had it for a while now. I also have a "Vanson" fast NiMH charger. And I have an "Energizer" NiMH charger. If I get the "Ready To Go" batteries, do you think I will need a new charger? If not, which of the above would be best suited?Thanks guys.

I would suggest a new charger, i have no idea if the ones you have detect charge(continuous charge) , or do the cheaper timed charge, they either over charge and over heat the batteries, or dont fully charge or tell you anything. and you cant leave fully unnatended

I myself have had a few chargers knocking around, and it was a good decision to get something better, as im sure it wont cook the batteries now

I also recommend a slow-ish charger rather than fast charging, sucj as the one i linked to

Original Poster

Do you know if 7dayshop.com do free shipping? otherwise, do you know what shipping charges are like?
Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.35
    2. UNDERTALE PS4 / PS Vita / PC Physical Editions (Exclusive to Fangamer)33
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428014646
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…49111

See more discussions