Groups

Best action cam for around £100-150?

Hi everyone, looking to purchase an action cam to take away on holiday this year to video the experience with my two young children (their first time abroad). Will be using it in the pools/beach/water slides etc so standard use. I've looked at the original xiaomi yi and the gitup git2, both well under budget but both looking really good for the money. Are there any other models I should have a look out for that people would recommend? 4K not absolutely required but wouldn't mind for future proofing. Cheers!

8 Comments

Go pro

Hi Pork

umirza85

Hi Pork

Go pro
    Edited by: "umirza85" 15th Jan

Hi teecey09, please be aware some places don't like it allow cameras strapped to people at pools and water rides on holiday.
    I was at a fun pool in France last year and cameras where on the list of things not permitted on the board. However! You can buy see through water proof pouches with a lanyard to put your phone/money/valuables in. I was able to go swimming and down the water rides with this on my chest and captured some great memories with the kids. Didn't use the waterproof action cam once after that - less things to carry around too amazon.co.uk/dp/…WQD

Have a look at the Olfi

Original Poster

umirza85

Go pro

Which gopro would you recommend? I do like the look of the session for simple-ness and sound quality should be better compared to a waterproof cased GoPro 3/4, but not sure if getting a 3 or 4 is a better choice?

Had both a hero4 black and a Sony action cam. Used the Sony one where there would be lots of body movment gigging the camera about, as it stabilises the footage in camera and does so very well. Slight dip in outright picture quality compared to the GoPro but for its stabilisation it was an acceptable tradeoff. What did you think of my link?

Edited by: "androidavis" 17th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …12
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047124
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2461
      4. Online order Packaging - Share your best or worst1931

See more discussions