Best air fryer?

Found 4th Feb
Seen a fair few of the air fryers on here lately and have had mixed reviews on each.

Looking for one that crisps chips nicely without leaving them raw in the middle, and doesn’t turn food to mush.

Also one that lasts.

Any experience would be much appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Tefal ActiFry
I got a Philips air fryer. Does well but you do need to shake the basket every so often to stop things sticking to each other.

Tesco have a clearance in some stores on a air fryer but think it's from Tefal. Around £50
Had several Tefal Actifry's and to cut long story short they all broke (replaced by warranty). Replaced upon the suggestion from store at the time with a Morphy Richards Air Fryer, very similar to the Phillips one but touch screen controls (the touch screen Phillips one is about twice the price). Never looked back (it around 4-5 year old now) and prefer it to the Tefal one, which I felt like it "mushed" everything with the way it has the paddle to rotate the food (this was what always broke on mine - along with the lid hinge once also, though I believe on the newer models the paddle is now a replaceable part).

amazon.co.uk/Mor…yer

Amazon is £79.99 and Argos has the newer model for £89.99 only differance from memory is the newer model comes with a stand for inside the basket, can't see anything else compared to mine.

argos.co.uk/pro…614
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 4th Feb
Thanks that’s really helpful!
Delonghi Multi Fry

I've got an Actifry, Morphy Richards air fryer and the Delonghi. The Delonghi is the best by far.
Edited by: "Darzen" 4th Feb
cecilmcroberts1 h, 45 m ago

Had several Tefal Actifry's and to cut long story short they all broke …Had several Tefal Actifry's and to cut long story short they all broke (replaced by warranty). Replaced upon the suggestion from store at the time with a Morphy Richards Air Fryer, very similar to the Phillips one but touch screen controls (the touch screen Phillips one is about twice the price). Never looked back (it around 4-5 year old now) and prefer it to the Tefal one, which I felt like it "mushed" everything with the way it has the paddle to rotate the food (this was what always broke on mine - along with the lid hinge once also, though I believe on the newer models the paddle is now a replaceable part).https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-480001-Health-Fryer/dp/B01HGK2QSU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517760963&sr=8-3&keywords=air+fryerAmazon is £79.99 and Argos has the newer model for £89.99 only differance from memory is the newer model comes with a stand for inside the basket, can't see anything else compared to mine. http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7073614

Had multiple actifrys over the years and I think they are more limited than the newer air fryers. Try doing breaded mushrooms for example. Result will be a pan full of dust and bald mushies Will watch this with interest as i'm after a normal air fryer to complement the actifry........
Btw op, i'd look for the biggest basket/highest wattage you can find at a reasonable price
With regards to the actifry, I have a recent model and the paddle is replaceable. I like it but I can't comment on reliability as I've only had it a few months.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants