best all in one desktop pc

Posted 28th Mar
hey guys whats the best all in one desktop to buy , its only for pleasure ie home use, the only thing i want is a big screen 27 or more
at the moment i have a 10 year old imac many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
I'd avoid an all in one, more to go wrong. You should see the amount of faulty ones on ebay.

If you buy a desktop and seperate screen at least if something goes wrong it "should" be an easy fix or at least a cheaper fix.

Btw you might want to say exactly what you are going to use it for. If it's any games you need to list them so we can reference them against recommended specs.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 28th Mar
m1keyp1key28/03/2020 14:13

I'd avoid an all in one, more to go wrong. You should see the amount of …I'd avoid an all in one, more to go wrong. You should see the amount of faulty ones on ebay. If you buy a desktop and seperate screen at least if something goes wrong it "should" be an easy fix or at least a cheaper fix.Btw you might want to say exactly what you are going to use it for. If it's any games you need to list them so we can reference them against recommended specs.

hi mate its mainly you tube / browsing the odd download and emails really. i just prefer all in ones as they are neater hate seeing cables
You might struggle for a 27+ screen. They are usually 24 or under.

What's your budget?
m1keyp1key28/03/2020 14:39

You might struggle for a 27+ screen. They are usually 24 or under. What's …You might struggle for a 27+ screen. They are usually 24 or under. What's your budget?

around £1500
m1keyp1key28/03/2020 15:03

Something like this …Something like this :-https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/desktops-and-all-in-ones/inspiron-27-7000-all-in-one-desktop/spd/inspiron-27-7790-aio

haha thats the one ive been reading about cheers mate
mercslkman28/03/2020 15:05

haha thats the one ive been reading about cheers mate

It's poor value compared to buying a desktop and monitor, but if it's what you want and you wont be using it for gaming then it's fine although it's overkill for daily stuff as you could get a laptop for £300 and a big tv to cast it to for alot less.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 28th Mar
m1keyp1key28/03/2020 15:11

It's poor value compared to buying a desktop and monitor, but if it's what …It's poor value compared to buying a desktop and monitor, but if it's what you want and you wont be using it for gaming then it's fine although it's overkill for daily stuff as you could get a laptop for £300 and a big tv to cast it to for alot less.

i just prefer desktops tbh other half has the mac pro i never use it i tend to sit on here more
mercslkman28/03/2020 15:14

i just prefer desktops tbh other half has the mac pro i never use it i …i just prefer desktops tbh other half has the mac pro i never use it i tend to sit on here more

Laptop + big screen with wireless keyboard and mouse make no difference...
Just buy a 27''+ 1440p monitor and a mini PC for a lot less.
I_Wish28/03/2020 15:22

Just buy a 27''+ 1440p monitor and a mini PC for a lot less.

will have a read on that , that never crossed my mind tbh ( the prob i have is i have always had macs )
mercslkman28/03/2020 15:25

will have a read on that , that never crossed my mind tbh ( the prob i …will have a read on that , that never crossed my mind tbh ( the prob i have is i have always had macs )

You can get a used mini PC and hackintosh it. Just follow a youtube tutorial.
Edited by: "I_Wish" 28th Mar
The Surface Studio is generally reckoned to be the best all in one but way over budget.

At around £1500 the Lenovo A940, Dell Optiplex 7770 and HP EliteOne 1000 27" seem to be the leading models.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions