Best Amazon Prime TV series?

Found 21st May
Got the 6 month Amazon Prime Student trail today and have just finished college, so I was wondering what everyone recommends watching on Amazon Prime Video?
Community Updates
41 Comments
i had Amazon still got it but find Netflix Better for TV series
Pricklerickle1 m ago

i had Amazon still got it but find Netflix Better for TV series

That wasn’t my question though I’m not paying for either of them just figured I’d use the amazon student trial while I can
That end of the world thing with Pauline from Bird's of a Feather.

edit - sorry just realised that was Sky I think who made that.
Edited by: "noahsdad" 21st May
Just add magic was great lol
Bosch is good, gets better season after season. Sneaky Pete is funny.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 21st May
The Marvellous Miss Massle is a good one
Black sails, Vikings, Mr robot, sneaky Pete, patriot, Lucifer, American god's, Constantine, taken, walking dead/fear the walking dead and it's good for watching old series like scrubs and castle
I love Sneaky Pete, best show on Prime Video for me. Bosch, Mr Robot and UnREAL are really good too.

The Last Man on Earth is really funny for me, but it's not to everyone's taste (not a Prime Original).

Look at the previous thread and there are quite a few more suggestions there too: hotukdeals.com/dis…562
Edited by: "jamie015" 21st May
Vikings
Sneaky Pete is good, Mr Robot is another that’s not bad although it goes a bit weird in places.

The Man in the High Castle is also very good.
Vikings and sneaky Pete found everything else a bit dull
Preacher, and The Tick are worth a watch
If you're into tech then watch Mr Robot and Halt and Catch Fire.
RiverDragon82 m ago

If you're into tech then watch Mr Robot and Halt and Catch Fire.

Haven't heard of Halt and Catch Fire, but it kinda looks like something I'd watch. Good recommendation
jamie0151 m ago

Haven't heard of Halt and Catch Fire, but it kinda looks like something …Haven't heard of Halt and Catch Fire, but it kinda looks like something I'd watch. Good recommendation

It's very nostalgic if you're from that era.
RiverDragon84 m ago

It's very nostalgic if you're from that era.

Agree with above along with the other suggestion "The Man in the High Castle"....and off course lets not forget "The Grand Tour".
The Whispers.
The crossing
cliosport656 m ago

The crossing

Will binge watch when it's finished but watched the first episode and it looks good.

To the O/P, what interests you? No point suggesting Chick Flics if your into Sci-fi or documetaries.
Mechtup2 h, 16 m ago

That wasn’t my question though I’m not paying for either of them just fi …That wasn’t my question though I’m not paying for either of them just figured I’d use the amazon student trial while I can

100 is good
Vikings; starts off a bit slow (still good, don't get me wrong) but by we are at now it's the best thing on the box at present.
GlentoranMark9 m ago

Will binge watch when it's finished but watched the first episode and it …Will binge watch when it's finished but watched the first episode and it looks good.To the O/P, what interests you? No point suggesting Chick Flics if your into Sci-fi or documetaries.

Pretty much everything apart from history and horror
The Night Manager was pretty good. A little far fetched from the starting premise but I liked it and a quick ?6? episodes to binge on.
andywedge57 m ago

Vikings; starts off a bit slow (still good, don't get me wrong) but by we …Vikings; starts off a bit slow (still good, don't get me wrong) but by we are at now it's the best thing on the box at present.

I like it better than game of thrones as there’s hardly any filler
worf2019 m ago

I like it better than game of thrones as there’s hardly any filler

Yep; it's excellent isn't it. Was a bit worried that this current series (oh the long wait for its return) wouldn't be as good as previous, due to what happened at the end of the last series. However, it is just as good. Ivar is awesome; most interesting TV character since Tyrion on Game Of Thrones.
GlentoranMark47 m ago

The Night Manager was pretty good. A little far fetched from the starting …The Night Manager was pretty good. A little far fetched from the starting premise but I liked it and a quick ?6? episodes to binge on.

Yep, I didn't realise that was Amazon. Enjoyed that a lot.
Edited by: "andywedge" 22nd May
Halt and Catch Fire, Mr Robot, Sneaky Pete, The Marvellous Mrs Maisel, Mozart in the Jungle, This Is Us, Life in Pieces, Blackish, The Americans, Patriot, Red Oaks, Startup, Transparent. Those should keep you busy.
cecilmcroberts8 h, 17 m ago

Agree with above along with the other suggestion "The Man in the High …Agree with above along with the other suggestion "The Man in the High Castle"....and off course lets not forget "The Grand Tour".

The grand tour is an easy one to forget

+1 for man in high castle and mr robot from me.
Outlander, The Americans, X-Files
Goliath was superb. Roll on season 2.
majestic20127 m ago

Goliath was superb. Roll on season 2.

Can't wait! June 15th right?
Edited by: "jamie015" 22nd May
Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton, was one I particularly enjoyed.

Sneaky Pete, Vikings American God's as well as others have mentioned
jamie01513 m ago

Superb, did not know this.
jamie01514 m ago

It is indeed. Good times
mr robot started well but wow it lost the plot big time
Vikings. Brilliant show
Hand of God (two seasons) was a bit different but very watchable. Mad Dogs was excellent and is only one season so no long term commitment there Lot of stuff is on 4k inc The Grand Tour for no extra charge which is a bonus. If you like British stuff then the Fall is good with Gillian Anderson looking foxy

I'd avoid Under the Dome
tallpete339 h, 36 m ago

Hand of God (two seasons) was a bit different but very watchable. Mad Dogs …Hand of God (two seasons) was a bit different but very watchable. Mad Dogs was excellent and is only one season so no long term commitment there Lot of stuff is on 4k inc The Grand Tour for no extra charge which is a bonus. If you like British stuff then the Fall is good with Gillian Anderson looking foxyI'd avoid Under the Dome

Mad Dogs is a British psychological thrillertelevision series, written and created by Cris Cole, that began airing on Sky1 on 10 February 2011, and ended on 29 December 2013 after four series and 14 episodes. It is produced by Left Bank Pictures, and co-produced by Palma Pictures. The series stars John Simm, Marc Warren, Max Beesley, and Philip Glenister as four long-time and middle-aged friends getting together in a villa in Majorca to celebrate the early retirement of their friend Alvo (Ben Chaplin). After Alvo is murdered, the group find themselves caught up in the world of crime and police corruption.

After gaining interest from some terrestrial networks, the series was commissioned by British Sky Broadcasting. Filming took place on location throughout the island of Majorca in May 2010, and took around four million euros and 44 days to make. The main themes are friendship and growing older; Glenister said it is about ageing and "getting closer to death". Photographer David LaChapelle directed three 30-second advertisements for the series. Mad Dogs opened with 1.61 million viewers, the 17th highest rated programme ever for Sky1, and attracted positive reactions from critics. They noted similarities with British gangster films, more predominantly the 2000 film Sexy Beast.
Infractionboi5 h, 28 m ago

Mad Dogs is a British psychological thriller television series, written …Mad Dogs is a British psychological thriller television series, written and created by Cris Cole, that began airing on Sky1 on 10 February 2011, and ended on 29 December 2013 after four series and 14 episodes. It is produced by Left Bank Pictures, and co-produced by Palma Pictures. The series stars John Simm, Marc Warren, Max Beesley, and Philip Glenister as four long-time and middle-aged friends getting together in a villa in Majorca to celebrate the early retirement of their friend Alvo (Ben Chaplin). After Alvo is murdered, the group find themselves caught up in the world of crime and police corruption. After gaining interest from some terrestrial networks, the series was commissioned by British Sky Broadcasting. Filming took place on location throughout the island of Majorca in May 2010, and took around four million euros and 44 days to make. The main themes are friendship and growing older; Glenister said it is about ageing and "getting closer to death". Photographer David LaChapelle directed three 30-second advertisements for the series. Mad Dogs opened with 1.61 million viewers, the 17th highest rated programme ever for Sky1, and attracted positive reactions from critics. They noted similarities with British gangster films, more predominantly the 2000 film Sexy Beast.

The American remake just has one season (I only watched episode 1, which was almost frame for frame the same as the original so I didn't bother after that).

So watch the UK version if you can.
I gave 'black sales' a chance a while ago and was massively surprised by how good it was, hugely underrated in my opinion and definitely worth a try!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants