Groups
    EXPIRED

Best and cheapest broadband provider?

Hi guys. I have been with BT broadband for the past 3yrs without any probs apart from being told I will be paying £13 per mth 10 mths ago yet still being charged £16. Anyway I have decided to go elsewhere. I am a very light user in RURAL AREA so no cable deals coming here.Any help or advise appreciated.

15 Comments

I am with o2 approximately 7 pound a month for 8mg broadband and unlimited dl limit...but you have to be a o2 customer to get this i.e. o2 contract or PAYG. its a good deal not had a problem yet....sorry forgot to add if you google broadband comparrison there are sites that will tell you the best deals in your area

Original Poster

Just tried O2 as i am a customer. Best I can get is £17.13 per mth due to my area. Thank you for advice.

lot of people have been mentioning ]bethere lately

Original Poster

Anyone heard of plusnet?

Original Poster

geedub;3835026

lot of people have been mentioning ]bethere lately

Thanks.

Original Poster

bfjem;3835047

http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/thats worth lookin at

Ye, Plusnet cheapest. Why is it cheaper to add phone calls? 2 services are cheaper than 1, hows that?

I guess incentive to take you away from phone provider...it probably costs them little to be provide both, but more to share line with other company? thats a guess btw

Banned

I'm with Talktalk and pay £19.99 p/m which includes all calls to 01, 02 numbers 24/7, 8meg broadband and line rental. Only let down is terrible Customer Services.

Original Poster

churchy2704;3836998

I'm with Talktalk and pay £19.99 p/m which includes all calls to 01, 02 … I'm with Talktalk and pay £19.99 p/m which includes all calls to 01, 02 numbers 24/7, 8meg broadband and line rental. Only let down is terrible Customer Services.

Thanks for that.

I have often been tempted to change providers and save a few pounds but - it's a good reliable service and the saving would not be more than 30 or 40 pounds a year - why take the risk?

Original Poster

I've decided to go Plusnet, they have offered me a free wireless router with option 1 (£9.65 per mth) and I like the idea of only having to give 1 mths notice and no contract.
    Thanks for help guys.

willocks;3841681

I've decided to go Plusnet, they have offered me a free wireless router … I've decided to go Plusnet, they have offered me a free wireless router with option 1 (£9.65 per mth) and I like the idea of only having to give 1 mths notice and no contract.Thanks for help guys.

When going with these do you need a BT line or something similar or can you just get this on it's own? I'm looking to get broadband but don't need a fixed line.

Original Poster

TheMetalMan;3884914

When going with these do you need a BT line or something similar or can … When going with these do you need a BT line or something similar or can you just get this on it's own? I'm looking to get broadband but don't need a fixed line.

Unfortunately you need a phone line. Plusnet offer both for £18 mth which includes eve and weekend calls.

willocks;3885916

Unfortunately you need a phone line. Plusnet offer both for £18 mth which … Unfortunately you need a phone line. Plusnet offer both for £18 mth which includes eve and weekend calls.

Ah ok thanks. Think I will go with O2 or Virgin as I can get them for around £20 a month but get 20Mbps. Rep left thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?57
      2. Family Spotify account43
      3. Fitbit HR23
      4. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…34

See more discussions