best and cheapest carpet and fitters?

6 replies
Found 7th Jan
Greetings all,

Looking at getting carpet put down in my home and was wondering if anyone has some good recommendations for carpet businesses? Supply and fit. Im in London. Was thinking of CarpetRight but not sure, thought id ask on here first and get some advice & recommendations.

Many thanks

1. Ask
  2. Carpet
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Carpet
6 Comments

Cheapest will be doing it yourself. Square or rectangular rooms are easy so you could do them rooms yourself and start off in a back bedroom so if you do make a mistake its not that big a deal. Then just have someone do stairs and fiddly rooms yourself.

The other option is to phone around and ask for prices on fitting. Its usually by the squate metre and per stair/step. Some give you free grippers so ask if there included or can be extra.
Edited by: "farmeruk1" 7th Jan

Yes good to ask advice avoid carpet right u can go in look at the carpets any u like take a picture off the codes on the back and try and find out its proper name then u can buy the same for a lot less. what type are u after cheap berber type or something more expensive like wool or patterned wilton or Axminster lots to think about and lots to choose from avoid carpet rights rip off on there free underlay offers etc. you can buy the same underlay they sell online for a lot less the have different names.for it but the most expat they sell I believe is the treadaire red and u can get that for a lot less than there prices. if u need grippers and underlay I would recommend buying onlone and then ordering samples of carpets if they are online go into other local shops at least they will have proper names on them and not made up ones like carpet right u could try carpetsonline.co.uk

Do not use carpet right, use independent

muddassarsardar

Yes good to ask advice avoid carpet right u can go in look at the carpets … Yes good to ask advice avoid carpet right u can go in look at the carpets any u like take a picture off the codes on the back and try and find out its proper name then u can buy the same for a lot less. what type are u after cheap berber type or something more expensive like wool or patterned wilton or Axminster lots to think about and lots to choose from avoid carpet rights rip off on there free underlay offers etc. you can buy the same underlay they sell online for a lot less the have different names.for it but the most expat they sell I believe is the treadaire red and u can get that for a lot less than there prices. if u need grippers and underlay I would recommend buying onlone and then ordering samples of carpets if they are online go into other local shops at least they will have proper names on them and not made up ones like carpet right u could try carpetsonline.co.uk

I did this at carpetright and found the same carpet at flooringsuperstore.com for £8 m2 less, got a fitter off rated people, picked the one with the most 5 star feedback

I bought carpet & underlay from A E Burts.co.uk much cheaper than carpet right or my local independents. I paid £8.99 per metre for carpet that was being sold for upwards of £25.00 per metre. Bought underlay from same place. There was only 1 delivery charge for the lot of £13.00. I would definitely use them again. They also supply free samples so you can see quality & colours before you buy. Prices may have changed slightly as I bought mine in December 2015. We got a local carpet fitter to lay it as it was for a living room. If for a bedroom I would probably have done it myself to save money although he only charged £45.00 per room. There are also other online carpet places that I looked at as well, if I remember which ones I will post again.

jase.2

I did this at carpetright and found the same carpet at … I did this at carpetright and found the same carpet at flooringsuperstore.com for £8 m2 less, got a fitter off rated people, picked the one with the most 5 star feedback

Yes! flooringsuperstore.com that was another one I looked at. I don' t think I could get both the carpet & underlay that I wanted from them but they looked very good too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…55
    2. Netflix - UHD - £3/m11
    3. Updated 23/10/17: List of companies which spam or have been hacked2883
    4. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games810

See more discussions