Groups

Best and most inappropriate songs at a funeral ..

Banned
    as we are all going to shuffle off this mortal coil eventually ..what tunes would you want played ..

for starters

staying Alive .. Bee Gees
    going under ground .. The Jam
    Highway to Hell AC/DC ...

feel free to add

51 Comments

Banned

Always look on the bright side of life.

Just Jack The day I died was the Best Day !?

Heard Rihanna Umbrellia at one Furnel !?

lil wayne - lollipop

its innapropritae at most things let alone a funeral :lol:

"Fame" (im going to live for ever)

Burn baby Burn
    Ring of Fire
    Highway to Hell
    Live forever

Banned

guv;6102352

Always look on the bright side of life.

Having this at my funeral :-D

though I quite like the burn ones as I fancy being cremated really need to get a will written though.

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Wham

Another one Bites the Dust, Queen.

relight my fire

wouldn't want "stairway to heaven" by "led zepplin" was at a funeral a few years back and it set off half the congregation crying, me included lol, no sad songs for me,

Mr Blobby, Agadoo, teletubbies, crazy frog - take your pick!

Original Poster Banned

living in a box

i want to break free - queen
    having a corpse escape from the casket :lol:

knock on wood

sleep when I'm dead

thriller (MJ)

dog_cop;6102416

living in a box

LOL, I'd just remembered ]that one :lol:

Original Poster Banned

cold as ice

barneydog;6102447

LOL, I'd just remembered ]that one :lol:

Showing his age isn't he. Sure I have that somewhere recorded off TOTP onto a Betamax video...

disco inferno(burn baby burn)

Original Poster Banned

Heaven know's i'm miserable now?

suicide is painless

Celebration - Kool & The Gang

jah128;6102456

Showing his age isn't he.

Me too :oops:

Nail In The Coffin, Eninem

Buried Alive, Black Sabbath

The Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult

Kanye West - Good Life

Them bones them bones them dry bones

The best one i heard was last year....a friend passed away at the age of 41 and the last song played before the doors shut was "i'm going to Ibiza" by the Venga boys (she loved her holidays!)

boothy;6102526

Them bones them bones them dry bones

:-D

Knocking on heavens door

I'm going deeper underground - Jamiroquai

Dude looks like a lady - that should raise a cheer :w00t:

The exit song at my Nan's funeral was Doing the Lambeth Walk - and as we left the crematorium, a few of her close family thought it would only be fitting if we sang along and did the "oi" part at the end of the chorus!

The hymn at my Grandad's funeral was Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory - and as a staunch Spurs fan, he would have appreciated us changing the chorus from Glory Glory Hallelujah to Glory Glory Tottenham Hotpur :roll:

take five

suzyerogers;6102688

The exit song at my Nan's funeral was Doing the Lambeth Walk - and as we … The exit song at my Nan's funeral was Doing the Lambeth Walk - and as we left the crematorium, a few of her close family thought it would only be fitting if we sang along and did the "oi" part at the end of the chorus!The hymn at my Grandad's funeral was Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory - and as a staunch Spurs fan, he would have appreciated us changing the chorus from Glory Glory Hallelujah to Glory Glory Tottenham Hotpur :roll:

Lovely story. (Hate Tottenham tho' :-D)

dmx- x gon' give it to ya :lol:

My fav as to be the one from Harry Enfield and Chums, when the two old g*ts turned up at a funeral wearing Hawain shirst and played 'feeling hot, hot,hot' by Buster Poindexter!! Classic

Dad wants 'I know its over' by Morrissey at his funeral because it says "Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head" and he is a morrissey fan

My grandads funeral was held on the same day as the G20 stuff in london, and the vicar said (referring to it because my grandad was into politics and stuff) "people are surrounding london like vultures around a.....corpse...." and sort of realised towards the end what he was saying but then there was no turning back and he sort of slowed down like he was trying to think of an alternative word!

Me, my brother and my parents just burst out laughing, nobody else was really offended but they didnt laugh either. My grandad would of found it funny though. Can just imagine the vicar going home and saying "You'll never guess what I said today...." he looked like he just wanted the ground to swallow him up!

firestarter- prodigy

Banned

magicbeans;6103197

firestarter- prodigy

Not really apt though as the guy pressing the button is the fire starter and it would seem it was talking about him? When the song should really be coming from the deceased :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844442
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114449
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047070
      4. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)56

See more discussions