Groups

Best Android phone?

Now just for specs for warranty and after care.

We all know how good Apple are in this respect shame their products are on lock down.

So my LG G4 has finally suffered the well known boot loop problem. At the time I was using Satnav and hands free call - heat issue. I bought it in January 2016 so I'm hoping as it's a known issue Vodafone/LG Will replace/repair it. Anyone else had it done within the same time frame.

Possible new phones.

Huawei P9 - 3yr warranty and screen replacement. But what's the service like in reality when needed.

Samsung A5 2017 - Never had a Samsung, after care?

All phones I consider must have an amazing camera.

Thanks in advance.

Meant to say, Not just for specs

- carwacster

19 Comments

oneplus 3T provided you buy it from o2, at least youve got a store to go back to

adamspencer95

oneplus 3T provided you buy it from o2, at least youve got a store to go … oneplus 3T provided you buy it from o2, at least youve got a store to go back to

Good shout!

Oneplus2 and save yourself over £150. Hardly any difference between the two.

samsung are good but the cameras are hit and miss so models have better cameras than others even though on paper it would be other way around e.g. the s4 camera is better than s5. etc. but the a5 is not really a value for money at the prices it's going for probably better with a note 4 or s7 instead for ur budget if u want samsung.

adamspencer95

oneplus 3T provided you buy it from o2, at least youve got a store to go … oneplus 3T provided you buy it from o2, at least youve got a store to go back to

​I would go for this if you don't mind just the HD screen and not the best camera.

I was going to go for it apart from these 2 things (wanted at least a 2k screen for VR and also use the camera a lot to take photos of the kids.

nexus 5x - great mobile and with the latest nougat update being a Google phone

Mine was out of warranty but had it repaired free LGG4. SOGA, it should last a "reasonable" amount of time. Considering the phone was sold on 24 month contract, it is not unreasonable to think it should last 24 months. I said if they disagree I will let the judge in the small claims court decide.
    Edited by: "drtongue" 17th Feb

mod

Rather than lock this carwacster for being overbumped in FS, I've moved this over to 'Ask' as you are asking 'Best Android phone? '
    Once you have decided what phone you are after you can start a thread in FS.
    Link to FS guidelines

Original Poster

Nexus 5x has the same chipset and can suffer the same problem as LG G4 if you Google it.

Just got Honor 8 from Clove for £369, had to get phone quick, just seen it at £320 at vMall UK,
    Phone pretty much same as Huawei p9, unless you want b/w pics, and should be cheaper

adamspencer95

​Agreed. The only bad thing I've heard about one plus is the customer service

Wait for couple of months and the OP4/5 will be released

Original Poster

Let's just wait for S10

Original Poster

Who's the best Mobile phone store to buy from? For returns etc? What are Samsung phones like for reliability, update speeds etc.

Vodafone took my LG G4 back as sent it off for repair 2 yrs warranty on PAYG handsets

What do you mean Apple are on lock down?

Original Poster

You can't customise them like Android.

My g3 died very close to 2 years after purchase, they tried to fix it but then sent me a new g3 which I'm still using now. I did have to buy a very cheap phone to use for a couple of weeks in between, which I quickly sold on again afterwards.

Probably not worth buying another phone until you know if you'll be getting a replacement for free?

Original Poster

At the same time though, all IPhone users get the updates from day of release. Whether they're full of bugs or not is a different matter

carwacster

You can't customise them like Android.

That's mostly true, having used both platforms I'd say for the vast majority of users there isn't a lot in it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bet365 Free In Play Bet £25 Chelsea Vs Tottenham23
      2. MacBook Air 11.6 MD712 Good Deal?11
      3. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue35
      4. Are smart parking limited legitimate44

See more discussions