Groups

Best Android TV Box for HEVC support.

Looking for an Android TV box that will play HEVC video files with Kodi. Ideally I am looking at UK suppliers unless someone has advice/experience in importing one and charges etc.

14 Comments

Not really a good place to ask such a question since police are clamping down on these.

vocare88

Not really a good place to ask such a question since police are clamping … Not really a good place to ask such a question since police are clamping down on these.

Lol X)

If you want to maximise x265 with 10bit, consider AMLogic from S905 upwards, although some would suggest not the very latest. Probably wise to start with an S905 2GB RAM as minimum spec. Random example fulfilled Amazon UK under £32 delivered amazon.co.uk/dp/…80/

Original Poster

vocare88

Not really a good place to ask such a question since police are clamping … Not really a good place to ask such a question since police are clamping down on these.

What for viewing my own media. No mention of streaming anything illegal. Calm down.

GigahurtzUK

What for viewing my own media. No mention of streaming anything illegal. … What for viewing my own media. No mention of streaming anything illegal. Calm down.

The guy clearly mentions Kodi doesn't bother me what he does just saying the police keep a eye on gumtree etc and are clamping down so don't see the point in using one if it could end up with massive fines or jail time but hey ho

I'm pleased with my Nexbox A95X (S905X 2GB), I've got four now, and apart from one coming with a faulty power supply (which Gearbest are replacing) they've all been great.

Make sure to run Libreelec though as kodi on android is pretty awful in comparison. Libreelec will give you significantly better performance, smoother playback through adapting display rate switching (hdmi output is matched to the video refresh rate rather than then mismatching leading to microstutters), full HD audio bitstreaming, much more efficient and optimised playback, and generally a much more pleasant experience. It uses 110mb ram on the Kodi homescreen, Android will be using 500-700mb on it's home screen before you even open Kodi (hence why my 1GB ram stick is able to run no issues).

These things don't really break a sweat with HEVC, even my few year old MK808B Plus which is an S805 1GB stick I can play 110mbps bitrate HEVC files without a single issue (again on libreelec).

vocare88

The guy clearly mentions Kodi doesn't bother me what he does just saying … The guy clearly mentions Kodi doesn't bother me what he does just saying the police keep a eye on gumtree etc and are clamping down so don't see the point in using one if it could end up with massive fines or jail time but hey ho

Kodi has nothing to do with piracy and the kodi team are strongly against their software been used for piracy, it's the dodgy add-ons that are the issue, not the kodi software which has existed for well over 10 years.

Edited by: "dcx_badass" 16th Jan

vocare88

The guy clearly mentions Kodi doesn't bother me what he does just saying … The guy clearly mentions Kodi doesn't bother me what he does just saying the police keep a eye on gumtree etc and are clamping down so don't see the point in using one if it could end up with massive fines or jail time but hey ho

​You do know a lot of blu rays come with a digital copy so you can use it with things like Kodi

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I'm pleased with my Nexbox A95X (S905X 2GB), I've got four now, and apart … I'm pleased with my Nexbox A95X (S905X 2GB), I've got four now, and apart from one coming with a faulty power supply (which Gearbest are replacing) they've all been great.Make sure to run Libreelec though as kodi on android is pretty awful in comparison. Libreelec will give you significantly better performance, smoother playback through adapting display rate switching (hdmi output is matched to the video refresh rate rather than then mismatching leading to microstutters), full HD audio bitstreaming, much more efficient and optimised playback, and generally a much more pleasant experience. It uses 110mb ram on the Kodi homescreen, Android will be using 500-700mb on it's home screen before you even open Kodi (hence why my 1GB ram stick is able to run no issues).These things don't really break a sweat with HEVC, even my few year old MK808B Plus which is an S805 1GB stick I can play 110mbps bitrate HEVC files without a single issue (again on libreelec).Kodi has nothing to do with piracy and the kodi team are strongly against their software been used for piracy, it's the dodgy add-ons that are the issue, not the kodi software which has existed for well over 10 years.

Cheers looks good.

vocare88

Why does it matter that he mentions kodi?? Kodi is essentially the same as windows media player just a bit more complex... are we allowed to talk about windows media player or are the police watching? Think I'll risk it anyway..... windows media player, windows media player, windows media player

So many bell ends in the world lol. Who cares if he stress illegally or not. What he eats don't make you ****! Stop worrying about other people's actions

vocare88

Clearly doesn't know or understand what kodi is I wish they had just left the name as XBMC now as too many idiots out there have no clue and just hear the word kodi and think it's illegal.

​I think they dropped the name due to the fact it was tied into hacked xboxes and you could rip retail games to the HDD with xbmc.

kester76

​I think they dropped the name due to the fact it was tied into hacked x … ​I think they dropped the name due to the fact it was tied into hacked xboxes and you could rip retail games to the HDD with xbmc.

It was due to the fact that it had Xbox in the name which is a copywrite in itself so they weren't able to enforce their own copywrite on the name, also it wasn't their main platform anymore and they'd eventually drop it totally. Also I didn't think xbmc let you rip games, you still needed another app to do it (it could launch the iso though afaik).

kodi.tv/int…14/
    Edited by: "dcx_badass" 17th Jan

dcx_badass

It was due to the fact that it had Xbox in the name which is a copywrite … It was due to the fact that it had Xbox in the name which is a copywrite in itself so they weren't able to enforce their own copywrite on the name, also it wasn't their main platform anymore and they'd eventually drop it totally. Also I didn't think xbmc let you rip games, you still needed another app to do it (it could launch the iso though afaik).https://kodi.tv/introducing-kodi-14/

Yep, you're right on both counts. Must of been modified version of xbmc with my softmod injector
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047163
      2. word association Game74044552
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767400
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1527

See more discussions