Groups

Best Anti Malware/Adware program Help

Seem to have picked up Antvirus 2010 virus but can't get any program to get in there and kill it.

Help

21 Comments

malware bytes
    ad aware
    spybot

Original Poster

spybot no find it adware wont boot on it.

use microsoft security essentials
    if you have an antivirus already installed uninstall it
    download and install microsoft security essentials FROM THE MICROSOFT WEBSITE nowhere else, then press the update button
    once installed restart your computer in safe mode
    then select the security essentials and run a full scan on your computer (even if it automatically did a quick scan)

once its finished it will give you the option to delete (clean/remove) any risky files it finds, do this then restart your computer normally

malware bytes
    ad aware
    spybot

+1

SuperEd

richx45;7812778

malware bytesad awarespybot+1

+2

Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware

malwarebytes ftwww

ad aware also

Outrunner;7812790

Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware

These. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

nope nothing is finding xp antivirus 2010 pro

Hijackthis

how come your existing security didnt pick it up?

please don't tell me you didnt have any....

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7813000

]Removal instructions

Tried that.

Fetching antivirus ignored it.

Original Poster

didnt expect to fix it with a simple ssytem restore.

Make sure before you use SUPERAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes that you are booting the computer into safe mode. Furthermore, make sure that the programs are updated. Safe is mode is vital as the virus stops other programs from executing properly.

If they do not work the type of virus you have is most likely a Rogue virus, so RogueRemover is worth a shot (MalwareBytes now contains this software). Most important is to not click anything on the screens the virus pops up onto your computer.

i used malware bytes the other day (someone here suggested it) did the trick and really easy to use!

Adam2050;7813406

didnt expect to fix it with a simple ssytem restore.

If it is a rogue you probably haven't - the files may still be on there. If your computer is functioning normally though it is well worth running a full scan with Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware to clean out any remnants.

Original Poster

bishibashi I agree with you though nothing ever seem to find these type of rogue virus, peed me right off. Will leave it till later

I use Malwarebytes a few times each week at work, to remove Antivirus 2010. Start in safe mode or, remove the drive and slave it into another machine, then run Malwarebytes. If slaved into another PC, also scan that after removing the drive.

Original Poster

Outrunner;7814399

I use Malwarebytes a few times each week at work, to remove Antivirus … I use Malwarebytes a few times each week at work, to remove Antivirus 2010. Start in safe mode or, remove the drive and slave it into another machine, then run Malwarebytes. If slaved into another PC, also scan that after removing the drive.

Not in my office atm to get near another pc to slave it, but will do that next time. Cheers for the simple info.

Adam2050;7814315

bishibashi I agree with you though nothing ever seem to find these type … bishibashi I agree with you though nothing ever seem to find these type of rogue virus, peed me right off. Will leave it till later

Another really useful tool is RKill - rogue's tend to slowly disable pretty much everything on your PC (right click, hard drive access, start bar, internet etc), this tool re-activates all of that so you can get rid of the damn thing without having to go into safe mode.

Jumpingphil;7816366

Excuse me for finding this funny, but what other description is there for … Excuse me for finding this funny, but what other description is there for a virus? A friendly one? :w00t:

It could be referring to X-Men... :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047174
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876398
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1022
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373

See more discussions