Best app to send money to india

Posted 28th May
Hi I wanna send like 2 pound to India. Google play doesn't work. What's the next cheapest option. Thanks
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
15 Comments
Revolut, you can't hold ₹ with them any more but you can send money to an Indian account.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 28th May
I just used paypal
For tiny amounts, Revolut. PayPal transaction fees will be silly (the fixed component, not the variable bit) for such a small transaction.
Aren't Paypal gift payments from Paypal Balance or Bank account funds fee free also?
Edited by: "Uridium" 28th May
Uridium28/05/2020 14:18

Aren't Paypal gift payments from Paypal Balance or Bank acocunt funds fee …Aren't Paypal gift payments from Paypal Balance or Bank acocunt funds fee free also?

Good point, I assumed card payment. But this is a slow method if the PayPal balance is currently zero since PayPal takes a long time to debit the source account.
Used Transferwise a few times, works good for me.
Uridium28/05/2020 14:18

Aren't Paypal gift payments from Paypal Balance or Bank account funds fee …Aren't Paypal gift payments from Paypal Balance or Bank account funds fee free also?

Technically fee free, but not really. PayPal's exchange rate is intentionally rubbish, that's how they get their fees.
Try transferwise. Very quick and good rate
And you hold any currency of ur choice with them
manur11428/05/2020 18:45

Try transferwise. Very quick and good rate

Good rate (depends what you call good) + a fee !
joyf453628/05/2020 19:00

Good rate (depends what you call good) + a fee !

You can't expect to get all for free. Good rate plus zero fee. Wish you luck. But if you see one let me know as long as my money is safe.
Can anyone beat Revolut on the cost of sending a small amount to an Indian ₹ account ? Not seen it yet.
manur11428/05/2020 19:06

You can't expect to get all for free. Good rate plus zero fee. Wish you …You can't expect to get all for free. Good rate plus zero fee. Wish you luck. But if you see one let me know as long as my money is safe.

Well, Revolut !
We use them often to transfer to accounts outside UK in different currency. No fee. Done it for years.

Why not get a FREE account and try it?
Pay money into your Revolut account from UK bank account via internet (Free and instant)
Convert to other currency, for instance Euros at full rate.(Instant)
revolut.com/hel…get
Transfer to a euro account in perhaps Spain, or Portugal, Ireland, or Germany for Free.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 28th May
All. Thank you for the comments. The PayPal gift sounded like the cheapest way. However I tried out TransferWise and it was not bad. On 2 1.70 it charged me 33 pence. And was easy to setup. I'll try PayPal next time and possibly revolut. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text