Groups

Best App/Website to listen to Audiobooks?

Been listening to Podcasts for a while now and wanted to make the step into Audiobooks as I am too lazy to read.

What is the best way to consume them?

Audible seems to be the main one, but one book a month and peculiar subscription fees put me off. Is there a 'Neflix' version of Audio books, consume it all for £8, something like that?

4 Comments

Try your local library site - I can get audio books (4 at a time for 21 days) and download them to iPhone. Free - just needed my library card number. Good selection and free !!

Mairi403

Try your local library site - I can get audio books (4 at a time for 21 … Try your local library site - I can get audio books (4 at a time for 21 days) and download them to iPhone. Free - just needed my library card number. Good selection and free !!

This. My local library has a system that lets you download ebooks and audiobooks to your mobile device/PC via Overdrive Media Console. It's a great system.

Original Poster

Mairi403

Try your local library site - I can get audio books (4 at a time for 21 … Try your local library site - I can get audio books (4 at a time for 21 days) and download them to iPhone. Free - just needed my library card number. Good selection and free !!

Wouldn't even have crossed my mind to think libraries were this up to date.

I will have to check out my local then see if there is some kind of service.

If you would like some classic books checkout Librivox. It's free and there's an app. The books are read by volunteers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions