Best backlit keyboard for nVidia shield tv

Found 13th Jul 2016
Awaiting delivery of nVidia shield TV box and thought a keyboard would be beneficial. Quite a few out there, anyone recommend one that they are using with the nVidia? Thank you.

6 Comments

Original Poster

Also 2.4GHz or Bluetooth?

So to sound of no help at all but do you mean mini remote like keyboards or full size pc keyboard?
Next decision if talking full sized is per-key illumination or just general back light (whatever you call that lol)
On my desktop I use a Steelseries Apex 350 which is per key illumination and you can change the brightness of the keys also. Either 2.4 or Bluetooth will work but if you use 2.4 you will take up a usb port for the dongle.

In all honesty I prefer using a bluetooth remote with the keyboard on the back as don't really have much need for the keyboard when using the shield. Or you can use your mobile phone with app. Again really depends what you wishing or thinking about needing a keyboard for.

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81ZUIfYSsQL._SL500_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71YN00QwOXL._SL500_.jpg

The remote I use with keyboard is below but not backlight and is 2.4 wireless.
Air Mouse and Keyboard

Shield owners forum on HUKD below also.
HUKD Shield Owners Club

Okay Okay, I see you found the forum already!

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 14th Jul 2016

Original Poster

Hi Cecil, still awaiting delivery of the shield which is due today but the remote is not due until Sunday. Yeah found the thread. I am just trying to get everything I will need for kodi ordered. I've even got the fire tv box getting delivered as well. I ordered that before seeing the nVidia deal. May put kodi on it and sell on instead of returning. What I really want to know is it worth keeping the nVidia remote as well as getting the minix as suggested in the thread? amazon.co.uk/Wir…STR

dereklogan7

Hi Cecil, still awaiting delivery of the shield which is due today but … Hi Cecil, still awaiting delivery of the shield which is due today but the remote is not due until Sunday. Yeah found the thread. I am just trying to get everything I will need for kodi ordered. I've even got the fire tv box getting delivered as well. I ordered that before seeing the nVidia deal. May put kodi on it and sell on instead of returning. What I really want to know is it worth keeping the nVidia remote as well as getting the minix as suggested in the thread? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Keyboard-Six-axis-Gyroscope-Accelerometer/dp/B00UMXDIL8/ref=ya_st_pd_dx_wl_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41%2B3siqlu2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR150%2C150_&psc=1&refRID=0H5XNFYYQ9TPVWRBZSTR

In all honesty it depends on how much of the shield stuff you are going to use. Many end up literally just using it for Kodi/Plex/Netflix more or less only using the media aspect of it. In that case I would say yeah ditch the controller. If you are wishing to game I'd keep the controller. One handy feature of the controller is that you can plug your headphones direct into the official controller (or the official remote) which does add some handy functionality which personally for me I love. Another way of saying it is wait and see yourself, the controller just comes inside the box and is not within its own box or anything so even if you used it for a while if you kept the "peel off clear stickers thingy's" no-one would notice really if used or not. If you happen to have a Fire Stick you can pair the remote from that also (no keyboard though).
I mix my two in all honesty and if I had my own time machine personally I'd not buy the 3rd party one again, use an app on my phone/tablet for the times I need to key something quickly and just use my old firestick remote for kodi times and the controller for anything else.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 15th Jul 2016

Original Poster

Thanks looks like I'm keeping the remote and using an app for the time being. I'm busy this weekend so will probably set it up beginning of next week.

remote is awesome mate. yeah, a bit fiddly when inputting stuff on kodi but generally once set up, its pretty good. i'm keeping the joy pad for emulation games.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants