Best bad credit mortgage lenders?

Posted 22nd Jun 2020
Could anyone recommend either a broker or a company that deals with bad credit mortgages.
I know there's quite a few if you google but who to trust, so i want suggestions of companies people have dealt with for maybe their own mortgage.

I have couple of defaults(both paid off now and older than 6 months) so its basically impossible to get a mortgage from any high street banks/building society.

I've tried L&C and Trussle both couldn't help.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Try Habito as well. It is an online only robot advisor.
bozo00722/06/2020 13:12

I would Avoid these said i couldn't get a mortgage due to affordability went through a real mortgage broker and got one straight away.
where are you based? My Mortgage broker came up on a Facebook selling site and he was spot on from Start to finish. Applied for my Mortgage and surveyor came out a few days later and we had the offer all within a week.
toddyj998722/06/2020 13:48

where are you based? My Mortgage broker came up on a Facebook selling site …where are you based? My Mortgage broker came up on a Facebook selling site and he was spot on from Start to finish. Applied for my Mortgage and surveyor came out a few days later and we had the offer all within a week.

West Yorkshire, I've tried couple of local mortgage brokers one siad because of the lock down a lot of mortgage lenders have pulled their products off and holding back on lending especially to someone with bad credit..now things are easing off with the lock down might try again..
earthlling22/06/2020 14:00

West Yorkshire, I've tried couple of local mortgage brokers one siad …West Yorkshire, I've tried couple of local mortgage brokers one siad because of the lock down a lot of mortgage lenders have pulled their products off and holding back on lending especially to someone with bad credit..now things are easing off with the lock down might try again..

Yeah the lock down has certainly had a massive impact on whats being offered. Jenny Redmond Just Mortgages comes under the same umbrella as my Mortgage broker she covers west Yorkshire as well. Has a page on Facebook
Speak to an independent mortgage broker - they earn their money by finding/suggesting mortgages for you and they're not tied to specific lenders' products. Local estate agents should have details of some independent brokers.
bozo00722/06/2020 13:12

I would also avoid Habito!! Why would you take mortgage adivce from an algorithm?? Also the FCA are cracking down on these type of brokers.
Bad credit and mortgages don’t belong in the same sentence.

Good luck
What’s your deposit? I hear they are only approving 20% +. Might of changed in last two week though.
All the lenders accepting poor credit now need a 20% or 25% deposit. If you can do that I can get you a list of who to go to
donny126622/06/2020 19:39

All the lenders accepting poor credit now need a 20% or 25% deposit. If …All the lenders accepting poor credit now need a 20% or 25% deposit. If you can do that I can get you a list of who to go to

I can do 20% deposit (based on the couple of houses we've seen).
I know it's doable, I just won't get the best rates, someone told me 4-5%...which will still be cheaper than what I pay in rent..

BTW I have held 2 mortgages before one of them being a buy to let and never missed a single payment. Had to sell both houses to get out of some business stuff...
ashmac22/06/2020 17:18

Bad credit and mortgages don’t belong in the same sentence.Good luck

It's not all doom and gloom, it can be done just won't get the best interest rate..
Post a comment
@
    Text